Sign in to follow this  
OxCD

No Critter available

OxCD    445

Hi

Am I missing something ? Can someone highlight me why this glossy won't be sheared ?

It's adult, 100% scale growth

image.thumb.png.f77fe501afdbeee6533eefeeb6944c98.png

Station is powered, room is a stable.

image.thumb.png.7e2df4bcc4682f5a5a314f9930688aa8.png

The errand list is the same for the other shearing station.

image.thumb.png.a9fa0c0c5b3e86c10359bc5114597625.png

I've rebooted my game, nothing better.
I've sheared already thousands of Drecko accross the 1500h I've spent in-game, but I cannot figure out this time what's going wrong...

Thanks folks :)

EDIT : Ok I went for a stroll elsewhere on the map, came back, and saw this.

So it's seems to be working, but there's definitely something wrong, and/or buggy.

image.thumb.png.3a6af609c29c18a7ba73bf3cd0b938ce.png

Edited by OxCD

suxkar    99

I too had this issue, can't remember how I solved it. If I had to guess, I probably rebuilt all stations and drop offs. Keep us posted if you have any news! I'm interested!

Zarquan    681

Not really related to the question, but I don't see a food source for that drekko.  If the goal is to get as much plastic out of it as possible before it starves, you should deactivate the grooming station.  This will make it starve slower without affecting scale growth.

Edited by Zarquan

OxCD    445
4 hours ago, Zarquan said:

Not really related to the question, but I don't see a food source for that drekko.  If the goal is to get as much plastic out of it as possible before it starves, you should deactivate the grooming station.  This will make it starve slower without affecting scale growth.

The grooming station was disabled. I just tried to re-enable it because I had this issue, so I was desperatly trying to find why.

Indeed I don't care about feeding dreckos into this room, it's an industrial shearing room only. Fed & groomed laying Dreckos are the room aside.

Craigjw    349

I've had this issue before, normally when I have too many ranching tasks for my ranchers to perform, or from having badly assigned priorities either on the dupe or the stations.

OxCD    445
5 hours ago, Craigjw said:

I've had this issue before, normally when I have too many ranching tasks for my ranchers to perform, or from having badly assigned priorities either on the dupe or the stations.

It's the beginning of my game. I've 8 hatches with 1 grooming station, 3 dreckos with another grooming station, 1 dedicated rancher and 1 as a support, over 8 dups, and that's all. This glossy is my first into industrial shearing room.

Craigjw    349

You might try placing the pneumatic door on the inside of the water lock, rather than the outside.  I'm wondering if the drecko is walking through the water lock, causing the sheering job cancel.  This is just a guess mind you.

TheEvilMango    26

I've had this problem alot. I think it bugs when they r grooming or sheering and r forced to stop before it finishes. To fix it I had to rebuild the stations or rerangle all my hatchs.

Craigjw    349

It could be travel time causing the sheering to cancel.  I noticed that the ranch is in space, so maybe.

Try selecting a rancher and monitor the priority queue and follow what happens to the dupe when it has a sheering task for the drecko ranch.

Just a thought, does the automation dupe sensors disable the sheering station when there are no dupes in the area? 

Edited by Craigjw

OxCD    445
1 hour ago, Craigjw said:

Just a thought, does the automation dupe sensors disable the sheering station when there are no dupes in the area? 

Nop. Always enabled. The sensor is for the light efficiency bonus.

My rancher didn't had any errand related to the shearing station. Also the drecko was walking freely from the ceiling to the floor, with no changes on the stations errand tab.

I've edited my post yesterday. The reboot didn't change the issue, no action had effect, so I've spent a dozens of minutes doing something else, and when I came back it was working. Since then, it's working as expected. Something that I don't get kinda unlocked the bug...