Bee2017    215

What can the boats be made from so they can be fire resistant?  Use the boats in the summer can be very dangerous.   The boats for bridges go up in smoke so easily so going to the Lunar Island in the summer is not a good idea.  

Ancient guardian horn + 2 hairs + scale

Mushroom skin + hairs + scale

Mushroom skin + blue gem + hair + scale

Malbatross feather + down feather + scale

So many possible combinations could be used.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

x0VERSUS1y    3,695

Indeed would be good in future if Klei made some crafting combination with Df Scales for a fire-proof boat variant. Not only would be fine as functionality goes but also from building mechanic pov to add further layers in the crafting department - time and again I point to a mod I find very entertaining and a good example of "building in layers": [DST] Legion and its sword-combination aspect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

NoscopeFelix    2,186
27 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Boat turf would be great. Would love to see the merm king on the high seas.

Same here, but how would that work. Maybe that you can tow tiny islands with your boat?(the island would be like a 2x2 big island or sth)

Edited by NoscopeFelix
  • Thanks 1

minespatch    61,774
Just now, NoscopeFelix said:

Same here, but how would that work. Maybe that you can tow tiny islands with your boat?

"Island turf", perhaps?

• Like 2

Shosuko    433
43 minutes ago, L. Ringmaster said:

Flingo?

flingo, lightning rod, fire pit, sail, anchor, steering wheel, fish tin, maybe even space for a passenger lol

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 1

Gourmand    302
23 minutes ago, L. Ringmaster said:

Flingo?

Boats are small. You put down a fling and you can say goodbye to having more than one mast, a chest and an anchor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

L. Ringmaster    147
8 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Boats are small. You put down a fling and you can say goodbye to having more than one mast, a chest and an anchor.

Capture.thumb.PNG.285e801672ab894eca577cf7211c41aa.PNG

There's still tons of space left too...

Edited by L. Ringmaster
  • Like 1

Gourmand    302
9 minutes ago, L. Ringmaster said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.285e801672ab894eca577cf7211c41aa.PNG

There's still tons of space left too...

I see. Console is a bit busted though so the less clutter the better. I'll be trying to put a mast down and my character would keep opening and closing the chest next to the mast. 

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    996
20 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I see. Console is a bit busted though so the less clutter the better. I'll be trying to put a mast down and my character would keep opening and closing the chest next to the mast. 

Exactly.. they’re comparing PC DS to Console DS and they aren’t even remotely no where near identical.

Button clutter persists a lot on console games even in Apex Legends they have too many actions bind down to one particular button (Reload, loot box, open and close door) all of that is fine unless your trying to loot a death box that is near a door then you may open the ****ing door instead.

Also- Where is your Firepit for this boat??? I NEVER build a boat without a Firepit on it- For Warmth and avoiding Charlie’s attacks.

• Like 1

Zauberkunst    13
On 3/12/2562 at 12:08 PM, Shosuko said:

flingo, lightning rod, fire pit, sail, anchor, steering wheel, fish tin, maybe even space for a passenger lol

On 3/12/2562 at 12:17 PM, Gourmand said:

20191125200407_1.thumb.jpg.c063afca1b9504ab2bcbe15a1214bd8a.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gourmand    302
2 hours ago, Zauberkunst said:

Already been corrected, but thanks! I elaborated on my quarrel with cluttered boats though, on console you can't click on what you want to interact with. Sometimes it feels like raft-roulette. 

Mike23Ua    996
16 hours ago, Zauberkunst said:

This is not possible at all on console, you really only have room for Steering Wheel, Anchor, Maybe if your lucky Two Masts, Cookpot and a Campfire.

Anything more then that and your Boat is too cluttered to actually interact with.

Lbphero    614
38 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is not possible at all on console, you really only have room for Steering Wheel, Anchor, Maybe if your lucky Two Masts, Cookpot and a Campfire.

Anything more then that and your Boat is too cluttered to actually interact with.

theres no difference in placement hitboxes from console dst to dst, you can do the exact same thing as that picture, just need to place them in the right order 

• Like 2