Winter's Feast discussion

Wortox needs a Krampus skin, from the official movie of the same name.

Copyrights shouldn’t be an Issue if games like Fortnite can do Borderlands and Batman content I see no reason why Klei can’t with Don’t Starve, Money May of course become an issue to deal with.. 

but I would absolutely lose my mind if they added some official DC Comics/Marvel costumes/skins into DST. Batarang shapped Boomerangs anyone? #Comic nerd.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Copyrights shouldn’t be an Issue if games like Fortnite can do Borderlands and Batman content I see no reason why Klei can’t with Don’t Starve, Money May of course become an issue to deal with.. 

but I would absolutely lose my mind if they added some official DC Comics/Marvel costumes/skins into DST. Batarang shapped Boomerangs anyone? #Comic nerd.

Okay the simple difference in the games is that DST DOESN'T PROMOTE OTHER (non klei) FRANCHISES. Fortnite got those rights most likely for advertising, for who is a good question but not one relevent to this answer. The reason why there are references and not stright up copies of designs frim other works because a reference does exactly that, reference the source material. Copies of designs and profiting of it is illegal, unless given the right to do so but that also requires a money investment simular to running a Forge/Gorge like event so theu can just do another one and create strict revenue for them, then having to send a portion to the copyright holders. The reason why Fortnite does it is because it does have money to burn from all of their v buck sales and can create all lot more uproar about it for brand deals them some random indie game. Fortnite simply has the numbers to make a brand dealership possible and profitable while DST doesn't. 

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Copyrights are an issue. Fortnite doesn't just rip off brands, they partner with them. Fortnite has the status and the capital do do business with Gearbox, Disney and DC. Klei does not. Licensing could get very expensive, especially since the movie adaptation of Krampus was made by a major studio. The return wouldn't surpass the cost of

A) buying the license

nor

B) copying the character design from the movie and facing a lawsuit

53 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

I'd just love some more Snowfallen skins and maaaybe an announcement for the next character/refresh. :sure:

Yeah, I'm hoping for that too. Transparency is always a plus. Klei is pretty good about responding/listening to their customers, but I don't see why they leave us in the dark for most of the things. Missing/delaying deadlines is pretty on par for Klei, but they should at least announce what's coming next. Instead of just 3 months of silence, they could tell us who is being reworked to hold us over. They don't have to delve into the details, just simply communicate who it is.

It’s Tuesday, Xbox updates come out every Tuesday- I was kinda expecting today to be the Hook, Line & Inker update on Xbox + Wintersfeast.

it doesn’t appear as though this will be the case, so it looks like I’ll be waiting until at least Next Tuesday for an update I don’t mind that I guess, it still gives me one more chance at Hallowed Nights event drops.

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s Tuesday, Xbox updates come out every Tuesday- I was kinda expecting today to be the Hook, Line & Inker update on Xbox + Wintersfeast.

it doesn’t appear as though this will be the case, so it looks like I’ll be waiting until at least Next Tuesday for an update I don’t mind that I guess, it still gives me one more chance at Hallowed Nights event drops.

JoeW said that he should be annoucing the date for the update this week probably thursday or friday.

On 28.11.2019 at 8:50 PM, JoeW said:

I should be announcing the date next week. I believe both Winter's Feast and Hook, Line and Inker will be released at the same time but we won't know for sure until it's announced. 

On 02/12/2019 at 7:44 AM, SinancoTheBest said:

I do believe we'll get the Snowfallen Part two this year around. They seem to be finally returning back to the incomplete skin sets as seen from Hallowed Nights and Contender sets. So, from the 10 characters without Snowfallen skins, I predict Woodie, Maxwel, Wes, Wortox, Wormwood + one other to receive skins.

5de4bd8c62827_SkinSets.thumb.png.02624c5c153fd1e2be488b5f7cfea5ad.png

They also did imply their desire to make effort to improve Winter's Feast this year around so maybe something new will be added to the event? Perhaps we'll get a permanent addition like Klaus' addition to the game. Powering up another giant with seasonal powers could be fun too, perhaps Malbatross can be turned into Articuno with icy powers.

pretty sure the, uh. snowfallen and verdant skinsets are intended to be opposing things tbh.

i think there was a post on steam about some of the upcoming stuff, including winter's feast. maybe i could try and undig it.

EDIT: IIRC, it said that we won't be getting new skins, but there was gonna be a new event that corresponds with winters feast. don't quote me on that tho. i have the memory span of dishwater. 

Archived