88dia88

make Freshwater fish stackable again like bees

Recommended Posts

88dia88    4

freshwater fish is so important for Wurt. Wurt needs lots of freshwater fish for his special recipe. right now in beta, Wurt is hard to build anything because we can't stack freshwater fishes. and there are already some living stackable creatures like the bee which used for making bee box or bee mine. freshwater fish can't live in the ocean! so I don't think there isn't any reason not to make freshwater fish stackable again 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gourmand    302
6 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

Each individual fish carries its own weight value. If you could stack them, then that would be very confusing for the user. Also the new fish bin grants fish a complete pause in their spoil rate - they stop spoiling, much like ice inside an icebox. Being able to put a stack of 40 fish in 1/12 of the fish bin storage slots would be stupid strong, and give you less incentive to find other fish since they can't be stacked. 

 

Anyways, a developer has already said they're looking at the issue for Wurt.

You can't put freshwater fish in a fish bin.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ADM    2,226
1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

You can't put freshwater fish in a fish bin.

Outside of the pond fishes, yes. Cause they're not salt water animals, placing them inside will possibly kill them :( , but they share now the same properties about scale like any other fishes so stacks wont come back.

 

And on the Wurt side, the devs have said that the Merm Throne recipe will possibly be changed cause placing the fish one by one in is... yeah. :/

But after this fixed only the Merm House (and not Merm Flort-ifications) will be asking for fish to be build, since she's supposed to be at ease in the swamp you can get so much fish there during day, spoilage won't be a problem and managing to free 3 slots is nothing to be worried about. I'm sure the stacking is not necessary for Wurt players.

(Or adapt your gameplay : you can for example build a special backpack while for your fishing session, and switch with your regular backpack when you're over doing this)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    996

Wouldn’t Stackable fish deplete the entire purpose of one of this games extremely important Core Gameplay features?

(Inventory Resource Management)

Rabbits Don’t stack when I’m trying to build a Prestihatinator... so What makes Wurt so special? 

Not trying to sound mean about I’m generally just curious as I don’t have HER Unlocked yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JosePapp    370
2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wouldn’t Stackable fish deplete the entire purpose of one of this games extremely important Core Gameplay features?

(Inventory Resource Management)

Rabbits Don’t stack when I’m trying to build a Prestihatinator... so What makes Wurt so special? 

Not trying to sound mean about I’m generally just curious as I don’t have HER Unlocked yet.

Prestihatitators are one time only things,  Merm houses are not

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadowDigga    253

If that annoyance exists only thanks to weight mechanic, get rid of it altogether. No need for decorative stuff taking priority over regular game experience.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooagain    1,690
1 minute ago, shadowDigga said:

If that annoyance exists only thanks to weight mechanic, get rid of it altogether. No need for decorative stuff taking priority over regular game experience.

Why? That's no reason to remove the fishing stuff. I think the fishing mechanics are really cool, so long as they fix the issues with Wurt. Fishing is a really cool addition to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    4,990
3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not trying to sound mean about I’m generally just curious as I don’t have HER Unlocked yet.

It used to be fine when you could stack fish, but it technically means you need to hold 15 fish at once or constantly swap items and place the fish one by one to craft her Funny Carpet™️.
You could place the entire stack at once but with the new system you've gotta place each individual fish.
Living fish, too. You could place dead ones before hand but now you need living ones, so 15 living fish.
You can't use the tin bin with these either, which brings a Fish's life up.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ezaroth    939

Agreed, all the weight stuffs should only apply to sea fishes. Pond fishes didn't need to be changed.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadowDigga    253
4 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Why? That's no reason to remove the fishing stuff. I think the fishing mechanics are really cool, so long as they fix the issues with Wurt. Fishing is a really cool addition to the game.

I was talking about weight stuff, not fishing in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooagain    1,690
8 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

I was talking about weight stuff, not fishing in general.

The weight stuff is part of the fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadowDigga    253
3 hours ago, Mooagain said:

The weight stuff is part of the fun.

Does that part of fun make up for annoyance of fish not stacking like it did before? How often do you pick up living fish to put it in a scale? 1 in 10? 1 in 100?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlternateMew    264
21 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Why not make freshwater fish stackable only when they're dead, and make the merm throne accept either that or live freshwater fish?

That encourages Wurt to intentionally kill her pets. And that is sad. Regardless:

On 12/2/2019 at 6:40 PM, ScottHansen said:
  • Removed Freshwater Fish from the DIY Royalty Kit construction project
  • Reduced the number of Freshwater Fish required to build the Craftsmerm House

Seems like a good fix for the issue.
The king doesn't need that many pets, anyway!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88dia88    4
On ‎2019‎년 ‎12‎월 ‎2‎일 at 12:25 PM, Bird Up said:

Each individual fish carries its own weight value. If you could stack them, then that would be very confusing for the user. Also the new fish bin grants fish a complete pause in their spoil rate - they stop spoiling, much like ice inside an icebox. Being able to put a stack of 40 fish in 1/12 of the fish bin storage slots would be stupid strong, and give you less incentive to find other fish since they can't be stacked. 

 

Anyways, a developer has already said they're looking at the issue for Wurt.

1

we can solve the weight problem if we synchronize every freshwater fish's weight. The weight of fish is most for sea fishes, so I don't think it would make many problems. if we just remove weigh, then we could not put freshwater fish into fish scale-O-Matic. but if we synch them all, we can stack and put in scale-O-Matic in one time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now