Any strategy for Woodie's rework?

22 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

Excuse me, my knowledge about RoT is very limited.

Gotcha; just to clarify then: there are "stone trees" called Petrified Trees that exist in RoG. These are basically evergreen trees that have been petrified Dr. Stone style, and the petrification randomly and very rarely happens in evergreen forests.

What I'm talking about are NOT these trees; I'm talking about "stone fruit bushes", which are the bushes you find on the lunar island.The lunar island is an island out in the ocean that you can reach either by sailing in a boat or running there with Woodie's goose form.

Alright guys, I just want to ask ya'll about the matter of Woodie himself and push the transformations aside. IS WOODIE really have an actual downside? Or is he just another Wilson with new abilities? What do you guys think? I have been asking myself about this after I understand behind Freddo Film's idea.

On 24.12.2019 at 4:28 PM, TheTruth said:

Alright guys, I just want to ask ya'll about the matter of Woodie himself and push the transformations aside. IS WOODIE really have an actual downside? Or is he just another Wilson with new abilities? What do you guys think? I have been asking myself about this after I understand behind Freddo Film's idea.

I think because he can't shave his beard, he will overheat slightly faster in summer or near heat sources resp. cool down slower. He will also get more often interrupted by Treeguards when chopping trees (if you don't want to fight them, this can be annoying). If you turn into Moose at Full Moon and don't have something to fight near around you, you will just loose hunger and sanity (maybe health too) with no benefit. Same, if you are on a boat at full moon and turn into Beaver or Moose. Sure, most of these things are avoidable or useful for experienced players (like more Treeguard spawning for farming Living Logs), but there are actually downsides.

1 hour ago, Queron81 said:

I think because he can't shave his beard, he will overheat slightly faster in summer or near heat sources resp. cool down slower.

Cold insulation won't work against you when in late spring, summer and early autumn and vice-versa for hot insulation, so unless his beard has a different insulation mechanic that won't be true

8 hours ago, Queron81 said:

Same, if you are on a boat at full moon and turn into Beaver or Moose. 

Hmm, that's actually downside right there

He will also get more often interrupted by Treeguards when chopping trees (if you don't want to fight them, this can be annoying).

Although I see it as a advantage because you can simply store em' for later time to help you in boss fights(kinda).Unfortunately, there are always few instances where this can be annoying.So I agree with you.

I think because he can't shave his beard, he will overheat slightly faster in summer or near heat sources resp.

Yeah, you're right.

Archived