Is fishing even worth your time?

Surf and turf may be equivalent to a pierogi and a blue cap healing wise, but I would say its still better than that because it requires less time for you to get that 60 hp into your system. Also it comes with a 33 sanity jump which helps out in fights with insanity auras and people who don't abuse the shadow despawn exploit. Its just quality of life, and its not as expensive most people are making it out to be. It's just 3 fish morsals and 1 monster meat. If you set your bait right next to shore/ the edge of the boat it also saves time in catching the fish too.

If we could spend more easy time on sea, and if we had other ways to catch fishes, like some automatic expensive thing that works for us.

Some people are spending their times in cave, so I'll bring back that sea base idea to justify fishing. If we could decide to spend a lot of time on sea, with a real possibility to do it, with more than a fishin rod to catch fishes, would it be better ?

Big or bug net to catch 4, 5 or 6 in a row, even once per day. Keeping the rod because a special legendary fish could be only catch with a rod with special spooner.

A proper sea base is the key imo, to make fishing as normal as going for some meats on your land base.

I like to fish, I wish the Mechanics for it was just a tiny bit more fleshed out into like its own little Fishing Mini-Game 

(Kinda Like Red Dead Online, Ark Survival Evolved Or Rapala Bass..)

But outside of that I Enjoy the Fishing.

I mean sure it’s not the Hardcore Totally Uncompromising Wilderness Survival Stuff I’m normally into.. but it’s a nice change of pace when I want to do something other than just try and Survive. :) 

7 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

oh yeah sure! until a puppy attack happens and then you become the bait..

Hounds waves will not trigger on sea. (They will, however, follow you there if the warnings have already began before you hop on boat.)

30 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Hounds waves will not trigger on sea. (They will, however, follow you there if the warnings have already began before you hop on boat.)

oh so they changed that..?! well.. I could have gone to the sea I guess... well it's much worse if it happens on the lunar island 

In my opinion the bigger issue is the size of the boats. It's hard to squeeze in 3 masts, a steering wheel, an anchor, a firepit, an icebox, a crock pot, the new thing for keeping fish fresh, a chest and a lightning rod on a boat that's the size of 1 in-game tile.
It's not just that there's literally nothing to do on the ocean other than fishing and getting rid of sea stacks as Maxwell, but you can't really even get proper equipment for longer journeys on a single boat. You'd need two, or simply a bigger one.

There is a mod for bigger boats, although I'd rather not use that; the hitboxes are buggier than Skyrim physics when you unlock the FPS to go past 60.

Unpopular opinion, but I kinda wanted boats that actually looked like boats like the DLC- Shipwrecked. (Which would also mean even LESS room for you to place Structures onto..)

The boat cookie is alright I guess.. but I picture that as being less of a Boat, and more of a wooden moving sea base platform meant for 6 players to ride on together.

I don’t see why Both types of Boats can’t Exist, the large 6 person platform Boat for sea-basing, and also the smaller boats that now hold 2 players per Boat for quick sea exploration & Fishing.

But in the end that call isn’t up to me, and Klei has their own plans.

I Just wanted to say that cosmetically.. I Enjoyed the various different types of Boat designs from Shipwrecked.

D4E62837-663E-420C-95B8-1842A7E0ECBD.png

228115B7-7C2F-48E3-BFB4-E465C842FC1F.jpeg

7812B902-E8F9-47F2-A59A-9F3F70E1F896.png

1CEECFD0-697C-4C11-B445-E9AE66FB6F19.jpeg

Fishing is all about patience. It makes sense for it to not be the go to for food, it wouldn't make sense getting fish every 3 seconds on average. Now if we had trawl net or blasting fishing it would be a different story.

On 4/14/2020 at 6:08 AM, Sweaper said:

Fishing is all about patience. It makes sense for it to not be the go to for food, it wouldn't make sense getting fish every 3 seconds on average. Now if we had trawl net or blasting fishing it would be a different story.

yeah, I think people should embrace other playstyles that aren't meta

whenever there is anything new in the game, theres always a small bunch pointing out that, assuming a perfect robot is playing the game, it is technically useless.

yeah! maybe, but some people play video games for fun

its like saying kirby is better than super mario because you an beat it quicker

when it should be "kirby is probably better than super mario bros for people looking for a shorter game"

I think that the direction of RoT is trying to make living at sea/lunar islands an alternative way to survive the seasons. There are people that never go to the caves, some that never leave the caves or heck even the ruins. I'd imagine a similar situation could happen with sailing.

Maybe ill be weird but i like the fishing mechanic of lures and floats, the only problema i has is that Is very broken if you had the perfect  lure you can have infinite food source that doesnt spoil to meatarian or kelp with wurt (merm Kong) and very good fish recipes

I find that the new wobsters make it worth my time, especially since lobster bisque was added in. 1 Wobster 1 ice and 2 twigs are all it takes to get 60 hp. They may not be as good as jellybeans, but I would seriously consider swapping over to lobster bisque instead of pierogi if my base is close to a decent number of wobster dens. Not to mention wobsters are significantly quicker to catch than fish imo.

Archived