Rhymes with Play - Hook, Line, and Inker (Return of Them Beta) Dev Cast

8 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

:oHow does the calendar know where I live?! 

It uses your browsers timezone. 

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Does this mean that the update will be on live servers and that we'll also receive some news on Winter's Feast and future updates?

Update is not coming to Live servers yet. I should be announcing the date next week. I believe both Winter's Feast and Hook, Line and Inker will be released at the same time but we won't know for sure until it's announced. 

14 hours ago, Ragwar said:

So no new rework this month...it's fine, we're fine, it's okay...

Not until we're through the Holidays, we are working on it though.

3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Update is not coming to Live servers yet. I should be announcing the date next week. I believe both Winter's Feast and Hook, Line and Inker will be released at the same time but we won't know for sure until it's announced. 

You guys deserve to take some time off, this game is amazing! Enjoy the holidays.

I guess I can still consider myself “new” to Don’t Starve because up until about last month I had never been able to live past day 30ish, I try not to look up too much about the game Online because for me the entertainment of it is to experience and learn for yourself. 

I barely survived Summer by spending that season mostly down in caves while everything above ground burned into a sea of overheating hell & Fire.

I also built a Celestial Portal for the first time ever completely unaware of what it would do.. now My character has been changed and I’m going to DIE.. or did I die/escape already?? but that is my fault.. This game is charming and full of mystery and adventure and Death.. lots and lots and lots of Death. 

I feel it’s important to say these things, like this, because sometimes Developers lose sight of what it’s like to play their game and NOT know exactly what to do or where to go.. simply just trying to get by one day at a time anyway possible.

But the TL:DR- Do not build a Celestial Portal & feed it a Moonrock Idol unless your just tired of living.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Who's being reworked in January :confused: and who's the last character :confused:.

So I’ve been thinking about the update for Pig King wrestling and it got me to thinking... what if we could use this same feature to trigger Gorge/Forge themed content?

sort of as like Permanent In-Game Mini-Versions of the Events if you will..

hear me out on this- In the game you can build a stone sculpture of a food bugle, but outside of pretty decorations it serves no purpose at all whatsoever in the game.. but What if we could craft this stone totem and give it to Pig King to trigger a Gorge Themed Mini-Event?

Because Consoles do not have access to Mods like Re-Gorgeitated.. I think this would be an excellent idea!

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So I’ve been thinking about the update for Pig King wrestling and it got me to thinking... what if we could use this same feature to trigger Gorge/Forge themed content?

sort of as like Permanent In-Game Mini-Versions of the Events if you will..

hear me out on this- In the game you can build a stone sculpture of a food bugle, but outside of pretty decorations it serves no purpose at all whatsoever in the game.. but What if we could craft this stone totem and give it to Pig King to trigger a Gorge Themed Mini-Event?

Because Consoles do not have access to Mods like Re-Gorgeitated.. I think this would be an excellent idea!

No. We could possibly use the ancient gateway. It makes more sense lore-wise.

27 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

No. We could possibly use the ancient gateway. It makes more sense lore-wise.

Too trivial to get there- I’ve played this game since 2017 and I’ve never even Found this gateway, and as I said in an earlier post... unless I look things up Online I doubt I ever Will find it. Could compromise by allowing Pig King to teleport us there long enough to play the event and then close off the teleport device once it’s completed.

You never want to sacrifice fun over Lore.

And just to be clear I’m not saying put the events in there entirety here- Short Mini-Game versions would do just fine, sort of like a small circular battle arena surrounded by Lava where you participate in a “Survival Mode” of sorts against Forge enemies attempting to bash you to death/into the pit of Lava. If you Die you just lose the event.. and get tossed back out the Mini-Game back into your Survival world.

(I get the Gorge and the Forge mixed up.. but you get the Idea I’m sure)

5 hours ago, Thalkas said:

Because I can? Also I really like Halloween event so that mean if Winter Feast will come today then Hallowed Nights need to be disabled. Bit obvious.

Not obvious

You can toggle Hollowed Nights on with mods in case you didn't know, you won't get hollowed nights drops (I think they boost them for the event) but you can still play with all the trinkets and stuff

Just now, JustCrimson said:

Not obvious

You can toggle Hollowed Nights on with mods in case you didn't know, you won't get hollowed nights drops (I think they boost them for the event) but you can still play with all the trinkets and stuff

You don’t even need Mods, it’s in the options menu of the game just select the event you want to play before starting your world. :)

But sadly yes- Hallowed Nights loot drops will be disabled.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Too trivial to get there- I’ve played this game since 2017 and I’ve never even Found this gateway, and as I said in an earlier post... unless I look things up Online I doubt I ever Will find it. Could compromise by allowing Pig King to teleport us there long enough to play the event and then close off the teleport device once it’s completed.

You never want to sacrifice fun over Lore.

And just to be clear I’m not saying put the events in there entirety here- Short Mini-Game versions would do just fine, sort of like a small circular battle arena surrounded by Lava where you participate in a “Survival Mode” of sorts against Forge enemies attempting to bash you to death/into the pit of Lava. If you Die you just lose the event.. and get tossed back out the Mini-Game back into your Survival world.

(I get the Gorge and the Forge mixed up.. but you get the Idea I’m sure)

You don't need to sacrifice fun over lore. Making a mechanic fit within the lore doesn't mean it can't be fun. 

"I hate how Bearger is an Autumn boss, they should make it so giving Pig King honey spawns Bearger."

Also maybe look up guides online, you're missing out on a lot of content.:wilson_worried: The Gateway is somewhere in the caves. Hint: Tentacle.

5 hours ago, Gourmand said:

You don't need to sacrifice fun over lore. Making a mechanic fit within the lore doesn't mean it can't be fun. 

"I hate how Bearger is an Autumn boss, they should make it so giving Pig King honey spawns Bearger."

Also maybe look up guides online, you're missing out on a lot of content.:wilson_worried: The Gateway is somewhere in the caves. Hint: Tentacle.

Currently I’m playing as Warly and I’m sitting here for the past 40 minutes or so staring at a Portable Cookpot, Chefs Pouch, Portable Seasoning Station & Portable Grindmixer

now going by your logic I COULD look it all up online to figure out EXACTLY what all these things are and spoil the fun of experimenting with it and learning them for myself through trail and error, But what’s the point in even playing the game anymore at that point?

Ive never been to an Oasis, I’ve never seen an Ancient Gateway, I’ve Never Crafted a Meat Effigy or a Life Giving Amulet, and I’ve only managed to find Lunar Island ONCE..

But I bet somewhere online there’s some dedicated guide that provides players with the exact map layout of the general area of where everything spawns. Which is why I continue to repeat myself a million times- that sometimes people simply lose sight of what it’s like to play this game without knowing absolutely EVERYTHING there is to know about it.

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Currently I’m playing as Warly and I’m sitting here for the past 40 minutes or so staring at a Portable Cookpot, Chefs Pouch, Portable Seasoning Station & Portable Grindmixer

now going by your logic I COULD look it all up online to figure out EXACTLY what all these things are and spoil the fun of experimenting with it and learning them for myself through trail and error, But what’s the point in even playing the game anymore at that point?

Ive never been to an Oasis, I’ve never seen an Ancient Gateway, I’ve Never Crafted a Meat Effigy or a Life Giving Amulet, and I’ve only managed to find Lunar Island ONCE..

But I bet somewhere online there’s some dedicated guide that provides players with the exact map layout of the general area of where everything spawns. Which is why I continue to repeat myself a million times- that sometimes people simply lose sight of what it’s like to play this game without knowing absolutely EVERYTHING there is to know about it.

You've been playing for almost three years it doesn't seem like your experimenting is efficient

48 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

You've been playing for almost three years it doesn't seem like your experimenting is efficient

You got that right brother lol... I still create Wet goop in cookpots, I still get lost in the world, and the only characters I’ve actually mastered playing as is Wendy & Maybe Wigfrid.

But now I must ask you- When’s the last time you’ve accidentally made Wet Goop? .... that’s sorta my whole point.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

You got that right brother lol... I still create Wet goop in cookpots, I still get lost in the world, and the only characters I’ve actually mastered playing as is Wendy & Maybe Wigfrid.

But now I must ask you- When’s the last time you’ve accidentally made Wet Goop? .... that’s sorta my whole point.

Last week actually! I'm no Warly main after all... 

1 minute ago, hl3bekliyenadam said:

Can someone recap the stream plss? Did we get any new info? 

No plans for larger boats, as we can "just make another boat" and no new information on the next character/next rework. It was just them showcasing the beta content that's been out. We got to see some cool concept art, though.

12 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Last week actually! I'm no Warly main after all... 

No plans for larger boats, as we can "just make another boat" and no new information on the next character/next rework. It was just them showcasing the beta content that's been out. We got to see some cool concept art, though.

Thankss ^_^

On 11/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Why would they screw up the lore AND make the final boss even easier to get to when all you need to do to get to the gateway is to kill all the big tenticales until you get the right one. Klei isnt gonna cater to people who are too lazy to go underground and find it 

Also I'm sorry to say but here's a truth I want you to think about. New stuff is being added,more "challenging" biomes,more mobs, and more bosses. You tend to be all excited about these changes but how are you going to explore them all if you dont even have basic knowledge about map? You claim you would miss out but it seems if you haven't found oasis after 3 years and have probably never been to ruins who is really missing out. Do yourself a favor and watch 1 guide. Just one on any topic you want. They arent too long and can be very helpful.

Archived