[Game Update] - 382128

• Developer
  • Fixed Wurt being able to trade with the Pig King (she can still hand over the Golden Belts to start the Pig King Wrestling match.)
  • The Clout Snout item is no longer burnable.
  • Reduced the frequency of Golden Belts when Year of the Pig King is not active.
  • The pigs Wade, Ignatius, Dmitri, and Sawyer, when summoned from the Clout Snout, will leave if the player who spawned them attacks them and should respond better if attacked by someone else. They also now have a hit reaction animation.

View full update

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, splorange said:

if you aren't aware, the belt spawn chance outside of the event was 5%, now it is 1%

imo this change needs to be reverted, they were rare enough before and the drop to 1% is way too overkill

Yeah... i got enough trying to battle for the Krampus' sack... I'm not going to farm this.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, splorange said:

if you aren't aware, the belt spawn chance outside of the event was 5%, now it is 1%

imo this change needs to be reverted, they were rare enough before and the drop to 1% is way too overkill

why do they make changes like this? Is the event even worth doing either way?

12 minutes ago, Ismael Marin said:

Yeah... i got enough trying to battle for the Krampus' sack... I'm not going to farm this.

I don't think it's necessarily fair to compare it to a Krampus sack. Krampus are something you have to go out of your way to summon and then kill for that 1% chance, while pigs leave their house every day and each one has a 1% chance to be wearing a belt every day. You don't even have to kill the pigs either, you can just feed them and they'll drop their belt for you and then you've got a 1% chance at a new one every day.

I do agree that the chance of getting a belted pig is too low now, but it's not really like a Krampus sack.

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Ismael Marin said:

To be fair, it's not like you're gonna be spawning pigs one at a time trying to get a belt. There's a lotta houses in the village, y'know?

That being said, I do thing they should extend the time the elite pigs are with you a little longer. Maybe two day segments? It just feels wayy too short right now. Though maybe I just don't know the kind of power you can get in such a short timespan.

• Like 2

The summoning animation feels pretty long, you can't just use Clout Snouts during fights to summon a Pig Elite because your animation will be canceled. You also won't have the chance to attack your enemy during the animation, lowering their total damage. And summoning them before the fight will make them deal low damage because they'll leave just as soon as the fight starts.

Could the time where the pigs stay with you be extended to 1 or 2 segments but make them leave once you have more than 4 Pig Elites (or just prevent the player from summoning more than 4) or if they perform five/six attacks?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Anyone know when Hallowed Nights ends? If it lasts through the remainder of November I’ll be happy, I still need to try and get Wendy Lureplant Head & Creepy Cauldron, But I’m Loot locked till Thursday :(

If we will take events end date from earlier years, we can suspsed Hallowed Night can end nearly 6th Dec or week later. Also Winter Feast should start as soon as Hallowed Nights will end - or also week late -.

• Like 1

Cool but when is fish girl getting sanity drain from water gonna be fixed. Or maybe someone can explain to me why this is so. Especially when her quotes for rain are, "Why not play in rain, florp?"  "Ahh... wetter feel better, florp!" "Mermfolk love water, florp!" "Feels good on scales!" :confused:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, anikaleey said:

Cool but when is fish girl getting sanity drain from water gonna be fixed. Or maybe someone can explain to me why this is so. Especially when her quotes for rain are, "Why not play in rain, florp?"  "Ahh... wetter feel better, florp!" "Mermfolk love water, florp!" "Feels good on scales!" :confused:

Also: when is Wormwood getting health regen from rain?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I get the logic of Wurt not being able to trade with the pig king, but why just her? Why not Wortox and Webber whom pigmen despise just as much as Wurt?

Imo the pig king should either be a wise respectful leader who transcends species discrimination or an accurate representative of his prejudiced pig people; no in-between.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NormalPinkerton said:

Pretty sure Wurt refuses to trade with him, pig king just wants his stuff, he doesn't really care from who it comes.

The animation kinda shows him rejecting, more than her saying something like "no gift for fake king".

Have you ever seen when a kid doesn't want to give back something to another kid, but his/her parent forces them to, and they do end up giving it back and saying sorry, but in totally rude manner? That's how I picture it...

Maybe she is rejected because she is rude when she hands over the things, and Pig King is emotionally sensitive.

• Like 3

On 11/25/2019 at 5:41 PM, Sunset Skye said:

stuff about how it's not as bad to farm pigs for wrestling belts compared to farming krampus sacks 

krampus has a 1% chance for krampus sack. Pigs have a 1% chance for pig belt. so in that sense you've equal chances to get a krampus sack from krampus as you do pig belts from pigs.

Krampus, under a good team (actually just a team with a wickerbottom/maxwell) can be farmed relatively easily with a million birds of the world and a good setup. You can get like 30-60+ krampus spawning this way in one go, and these bird books can be farmed VERY easily [they're 2 eggs, 2 paper] if you have access to a good reed farm and meat. 

Pigmen, with the proper setup, can be farmed once every 1 day per pig house if you don't kill them, and unless you wanna spend an Awful lot of resources, you'd only be able to get like 10-15 spawning every one of those days, which is also taking away a lot of potential meat that you could get by killing them instead, which is forego'd for optimal pig belt chances.

IMO, krampus farming with a person who can read books is much easier and is much better time spent than stinky pig belt farming and it should really be changed quick.

Edited by lbphero