We should have a character that gains sanity from being hurt

Yeah I was gonna make some comment about "What would their costume be...?"  (thinky face)

Spoiler

but I don't think rubber gimp-suits existed iin 1920.  ;)

Seriously though, you'd of course have to WATCH this...power....because basically you'd be trading sanity for HP.  As your character gets happier and happier, they also get deader and deader.  It'd be a balancing act of getting hurt JUST enough to stop your sanity woes, without getting stunlocked in the process.  Skirt around the edges of the group of hostile mobs, trying your best to get hit by only ONE instead of surrounded.  That kind of thing.

In other words, a weirdly Don't Starveishly properly _balanced_ trait, and yes, as Canis mentioned earlier, I also TOTALLY thought of "Darkest Dungeon". (and the creators thank Klei for their help on the splash screen...) I mean, one of the ways your characters can recover sanity from a mission is LITERALLY self-flagellation.  It's a harsh medieval-y world in that game; a lot of older medicine is based off of "If it hurts it must be helping!" and the Darkest Dungeon characters tend to literally beat themselves up over things.  ;)

...Notorious

I decided to make up some quotes to what they say to survivors when being attacked,note I know that they're very lame but yeah

Wilson attacker: Do that again!

Willow Attacker: I’ve always wanted to try fire play~

Wolfgang Attacker: Could you choke me this time?

Wendy: Aren’t you a tad young to be doing that?

Woodie Attacker: My, my, I’d let you chop me any day!

Wickerbottom Attacker: How about you use one of your books on me, preferably the one with tentacles.

WX-78 Attacker: Ooo, I felt a zap from that!

Wes attacker: Goodness, you’re not as innocent as I thought mime~

Maxwell attacker: More, more! Harder!

Webber attacker: Um, I don’t think you should be doing that.

Wigfrid attacker: You are sure good with that spear darling~

Wioana attacker: Strike me again!

Wortox attacker: I’m beginning to like your ‘pranks’~

Wormwood attacker: You know exactly what pleases me friend~

Warly attacker: How about a bite this time?

Wurt attacker: I think you don't know what you're doing

But hey, atleast they have standards when comes to the kiddos, their a masochist but not a creep to long degree oof

3 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Seriously though, you'd of course have to WATCH this...power....because basically you'd be trading sanity for HP.  As your character gets happier and happier, they also get deader and deader.  It'd be a balancing act of getting hurt JUST enough to stop your sanity woes, without getting stunlocked in the process.  Skirt around the edges of the group of hostile mobs, trying your best to get hit by only ONE instead of surrounded.  That kind of thing.

Yeah it would definatly be a trait everyone would have to look out of, but I think the more damage they receive, the more sainty you'll gain, like spiders deal around 20 so maybe they could get like 35 or something. But I'm sure the character would alot of healt but little sainty, who knwo oosh xD

On 26/11/2019 at 12:28 AM, Rinkusan said:

Has no one made a Darkness mod yet? 

I've been thinking about making a Darkness mod for over a year but I couldn't figure out a way to keep her original traits, be balanced and be fun to play. So if anyone wants to give some ideas for me or any other modder that tries to make her in the future it would be nice.

Traits I wanted to represent:

• She's a total masochist: She needs to have bad things happen to her (getting hit, going insane, starving, freezing, eating monstermeat, etc.)
  • Subhuman accuracy: Would not be able to hit a stationary target even if she wanted to.
  • Superhuman Stamina: This girl is a tank, she can survive even the biggest of explosions.

Problems:

• What do you reward her with for her masochism? Sanity? (In the series, she goes completely insane when being abused so that wouldn't fit), Health?
  • How the f*** do you fight bosses alone if you can't hit them? Befriending pigs?
  • What's the point of playing don't starve if you can't die?

Archived