Connected and Disconnected problem and lag with Tether

So my friend and I play DST on a private server. He hosts because he has decent internet. Mine is trash so I use my mobile data and an app called PDAnet which allows me to tether to my computer. (I've also used the phones built-in tether but the problem persists).

Basically the problem is that when I boot up the game my tether app just spams "disconnected" and "reconnected," making it so I can't log in. This doesn't happen with any other game. I got around this bit by using my wifi to log in and join the server, and then once I'm in I switch back to my tether and it doesn't seem to do the disconnect, reconnect thing. But now once I'm in the server it lags horribly, making walking and fighting and just about everything else impossible. AGAIN, this doesn't happen with any other game. I can play a high demand FPS game with no problems and no lag at all, but this 2D game with 1 other person and it can't keep up?

One thing to note is that this didn't use to happen. But I stopped playing the game for a while and now just coming back to it I have this problem.

I know this is a strange incident so I'm taking a shot in the dark here. Please let me know if you are also experiencing a problem like this or know of a possible fix, thanks.

Archived