Your DS Voice headcanons (Share them!)

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

574f9869a0256_moviecastidea.png.d1aa2ba4fb5639b507c904b2dbba73c0.png

575f6e4826e41_jeffrycombswilson.png.74353ac871c20b459d548151d9950330.pngI really want Jeffery Combs to play Wilson.

Christopher Plummer for Maxwell all the way.

Yeah I could see that! Especially Christopher Plummer- he's perfect

Also I freaking love that comic, Andrew Garfield as spiderbutt all the way man XD

1 minute ago, HorseyTheYes said:

Yeah I could see that! Especially Christopher Plummer- he's perfect

Also I freaking love that comic, Andrew Garfield as spiderbutt all the way man XD

Christopher Plummer was great as 1 from 9. If you saw his performance as Doctor Parnassus, you can see his balance between hatred and tragedy.

Bonus if they have Toby Macguire and Andrew Garfield saying the same lines and overlapping each other.

Whenever I read a DS character's quotes, I sort of... make the instrument into a voice? Like I imagine the quotes being "said" by that instrument, which is something that can't really be described well.

If you mean specifically human voices, Wortox is the one exception to that for me since I can't read his quotes as anything but Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. I think it's cause of the laugh, y'know? Hyuyu!

I always imagined Maxwells voice being that of Frollo, from Hunchback of Notre Dame. It's that dark and evil, yet charming old man voice.

Always imagined Wigfrids voice sounding like that one female guard in the beginning of Skyrim that says "Yes, General Tullius!". Except all her lines would be loud and overacting, and she'd do weird hand gestures and poses after every sentence.

4 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Whenever I read a DS character's quotes, I sort of... make the instrument into a voice? Like I imagine the quotes being "said" by that instrument, which is something that can't really be described well.

This is exactly me. WX is the best example as I can just imagine every single word it says in that exact tone and pitch. 

Woodie is second here as his voice sounds like a deep voice if you look for it.

Everyone else is instrument noises so you have to grab straws a bit.

(I don't know actor names that'd fit anyone off the top of my head so Ill try something different)

Wilson and Willow = I guess their voice from the Winters Feast thing work well enough.

Wolfgang = Heavy from TF2 but lower pitched, ez

Wendy: stereotypical spooky girl from any western cartoon ever.

Wickerbottom: Their instrument kinda helps think of a voice, but less so than WX and Woodie. Just think "old prude but nice" and you're in the general ballpark

Wes: No

Maxwell: The voice that his actor gives him in this video, but more nasally.

Spoiler

Try your best to ignore it's creative liberties. 

Also, I don't personally think that the voices that the rest of the characters have really fit, but that's not the video's fault.

Webber: I always imagine the voice of a small child and a raspy, rough whisper/gargle of a voice talking at the same time.

As for the rest of the cast, I have very very specific voices in mind that I can't really describe. I just really hope someone else has the same idea and explains it better than I ever could.

Spoiler

*cough* Walani has that laid back stereotypical surfer voice thats mistaken for a stoner voice a lot. 

As a a matter of fact, someone once told me that Walani is a stoner, and honestly i can see it.

Willow is normally American so it mostly only applies to this one skin, but I always read Victorian Willow's character quote in the voice of Tracer from Overwatch.

Being from a tropical and French-speaking part of the world himself, Baptiste from Overwatch is often the voice I think of when I read Warly's dialogue.

Wolfgang is usually Reinhardt from Overwatch in my head, but since the accent's not quite right he's sort of cross-pollinated with this fandub of Viktor (eyepatch guy) from Lackadaisy:

Spoiler

WX-78's voice in my head is a New Who Cyberman, rather than a Dalek. (Maybe with more of an American accent.) I know their quotes take some inspiration from the Daleks in canon, but something about the Dalek voice doesn't work for me. A comparison:

Spoiler

I also originally gave Wendy the voice of River Tam from Firefly in my head, but that was when I thought Wendy was 12 or 13 and it might not still work now that I know Wendy's, like, 9 years old, since River was 16-17 in the show.

Maxwell sounds like the very most archetypal mid 20th century radio/television host guy in my head; I just punched '1950s interview' into YouTube and got this example of what I mean. (The interviewer, not Frank Sinatra.) Obviously this isn't what he sounded like as a young man, but this is the voice he'd have trained himself to use around when he started going by "The Amazing Maxwell", and I figure it stuck just like the name did.

Spoiler

I have difficulty putting a name to the voice I read Wilson's lines in, but he doesn't sound like the Wilson from the Winter's Feast video in my head.

Woodie just sounds like a generic middle-aged blue-collar Canadian man in my head; that describes a bunch of people my parents know but I have difficulty thinking of a suitable actor.

5 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

I always imagined Maxwells voice being that of Frollo, from Hunchback of Notre Dame. It's that dark and evil, yet charming old man voice.

RIP Tony Jay...

David Warner would be another choice for Maxwell. His voice is just beautifully sophisticated.

Oh boy here we go:

I really think that someone like Richard Horvitz  (the voice of zim and billy, to name a few) or Taylor Galassi from This Way to the Egress would be a good Wilson:

https://youtu.be/grx7J9evpd8

After the salty dog trailer I can only hear Charlie as Eleanor Audley (the original voice of Maleficent, Lady Tremaine, and Madame Leota)

I always just read Wolfgang's dialogue in the voice of Bobinsky from coraline

I did an experiment using WX's synth sounds as a vocoder and it came out sounding exactly how I imagined their voice. I can post it if you'd like.

I once saw a ds comic using dialogue from the emperors new groove and I really do think Patrick Warburton could be a decent Woodie.

Wendy is, as someone else already said, every creepy girl in every cartoon ever, but I'm specifically thinking of Weird Girl from frankenweenie.

I have not found anyone who comes close to my headcanon Maxwell voice but I have a pretty distinct one for him. He at least sounds deeper than the abyss and has a strong Liverpool accent (I feel like a lot of people forget he's from there?)

See, I figure Woodie and Wolfgang should be the deepest-voiced survivors, because that's how it is with their instruments. My idea of Maxwell's voice is, like, a baritone, not a bass, because his harmonium voice is only moderately low-pitched. I would say he's smack dab in the middle of the male characters' vocal ranges, but that's not as true as it used to be because the post-RoG DLC guys skew higher-pitched and now he's surrounded by tenors. Except maybe Woodlegs and Warbucks, but their voices are still somewhat higher than his.

46 minutes ago, WildWildWes said:

I did an experiment using WX's synth sounds as a vocoder and it came out sounding exactly how I imagined their voice. I can post it if you'd like.

I would like to hear that!!

My hc voice for Wortox is Griffin McElroy's impersonation of Will Wright

WX-78 is the robot Mr. Krabs from the Spongebob ep Imitation Krabs (the laugh especially)

Max is Boris Karloff

This may sound weird, but I sometimes imagine Wolfgang as Nappa because of his buff complexion and Wilson as Vegeta because of his hair. I watch too much DBZ Abridged, so Takahata101 and Lanipator are my headcanon voices for Nappa and Vegeta - and transitively, Wolfgang and Wilson.

Wolfgang: Hey Wilson! I need to keep up my modeling career, so I ate all the berries we had in the fridge to maintain my fabulous mighty form.

Wilson: God damn it, Wolfgang.

Wolfgang: Hilariously derailing one-liner.

4 minutes ago, Thiago Castro said:

Tony Jay was one of the most amazing voice actors I have ever heard in my entire life! His voice was the sound of heavens even in a devilish character as Claude Frollo!

He'll always be Megabyte from ReBoot to me. I don't know if any other animated villain has ever lived up to his level for me as a viewer.

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

My hc voice for Wortox is Griffin McElroy's impersonation of Will Wright

image.png.896ccc6fbe9729f16121f1a88b6913ee.png

I'm guessing this is why :D

I personally imagine Wolfgang to just be the Heavy from TF2, since he has a lot of lines based off of his.

The only other really strong HCs I have (besides my own mod character's) are:

Wheeler sounds like Piper from Fallout 4

I imagine Wurt sounding like Pickle-Pee the crow from Dark Souls 3

WX communicates through a series of beeps and boops, but everyone is fluent enough to understand them

I have no idea of the canonical implications of the Winter's Feast video, but I still like to believe Webber has a typical Victorian-era Oliver Twist style accent.

Oh and Wilba is just Peppa Pig, but that's more of a joke answer. 

Archived