Would anyone want Winnie a unimplemented character in DST?

Would you like Winnie be redone and added to DST?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Sure! More the merrier!
    • Nah, I'd rather have someone else.
    • Nope, We have enough characters.
    • We have mods, I'll just use that

okay, people keep saying how we already have a vegetarian and Farmer, I know this, I mean it's obvious she would be reworked, duh xD. And on the note about how she looks too much like Wigfrid, she probs get a redesign, I mean so did Wortox. But would just be her face and hair- I made some concept cus I got bored Winniie.thumb.png.c79a8395f295237e4b2f48f8ff20a036.png

I think that out of every unimplemented  character Winnie is the least unique and/or interessing one, think about it: Waverly is witch, Wilton is a skeleton and Watricia seems to be a mailwoman while Winnie is a shepard, which to me seems like a pretty generic archetype.

Winnie on a gameplay side would also be hard to work with, like the vegan and farmer thing is already taken, so we got to rework her to something else that fits her character, which the only thing I can think of is that she has a connection with the animals or something similar, like she can ride the beefalos easier, milk volt goats and maybe tame some mobs that no one else can, etc.

She has potential, but the others have more potential, so she should probably be on the end of the possible characters to implement. ( also nice redesig '<' )

Most likely 4th and last new character bundled with "Return of Them" would be another type of sapient monster based on the trend and declared no-interference with main story arc (as much as there is a story to begin with). Wortox, Wormwood and Wurt are all creatures not-spirited away from our/the main cast's world, so would be expected same premise to apply to last character as well. If it won't be Wilton then maybe some other non-human entity, perhaps linked to Caves/Ruins this time around. Still I for one believe said 4th remaining character would be released close to the end of all rest of characters re-balances/re-works. Thus no, no Winnie/Wigfrid reverse-clone - as others pointed above we already have the vegetarian and farmer places taken.

19 minutes ago, NormalPinkerton said:

Didn't Wallace's design re-used to make Woodlegs?

Reveal hidden contents

Wallace Portrait Woodlegs Portrait

Am I the only one that sees the similiraties here? 

Dont know, but wallace still looks more creepy and menacing. Wouldnt mind seeing woodlegs in DST either though

I would personally prefer a character like Waverly, seeing as how there is so much potential for a Witch to fill the role of another magic based character to fit with some of the more magical aspects of Don't Starve. However, if they repurposed Winnie with a new design, filling a different role/niche, I could totally see her making an appearance!

55 minutes ago, HorseyTheYes said:

Welp! I guess not much peeps want Winnie5dda2188723b5_Pollresults.thumb.PNG.d8228b24ad55186d837b2f93e5ec9964.PNG

Ah well, I can understand that, everyone else prefers the other unimplemented like Wilton and weaverly

whateves, everyone enjoy this terribly traced meme-LDTNTCCA.thumb.png.af0adfe232f43868ed20420f25795206.png

Your art is pretty good! You should post some of this on the art sections of the forums.

Winnie could be a farming/plant based character without overlapping Wormwood very easily, imo. One thing that the resource characters like Wormwood, Woodie and Maxwell have in common is that they pick up items just as slowly as everyone else. Now that Woodie can control his transformations, I've always wanted a Wigfrid/Winnie transformation to make her a jack-of-all-trades character. 

Wigfrid is ok at combat, and Winnie would be ok at gathering things. All the resource characters have to slowly gather things between their abilities. Winnie could have a way to pick these up quickly so Woodie can focus on chopping, Wicker on reading, and Wormwood on planting. Klei could even pull a Wilbur and make her only go "La-dee-da!" so they don't have to write hundreds of quotes for a new rework. Just like Woodie's transformations, I'm sure there would be a downside, like "You can't fight but get a speed boost and can only eat vegetables so you can eat Glowberry Mousse like all the cool kids."

The idea of Wigfrid struggling between her warrior persona and true self seems like prime material for an animated short, and can address one resource problem that hasn't been solved yet, besides the classic Lureplant harvesting strategy.

I really like the idea of Winnie becoming part of Wigfrid in her rework. I feel like doing that would accomplish a lot.

- It fits Wigfrid, because she's a die-hard actor. Literally. She will literally die before breaking character. So swapping mechanics when she switches her role works perfectly.
- It further separates Wigfrid from Wolfgang. They're pretty much rivals right now because they're both combat-based. Giving Wigfrid an anti-combat alternate persona (with her own unique traits that aren't a straight nerf like Wimpy Wolfgang), would help stop Wigfrid from just being overshadowed by Wolfgang.
- It smoothly adds an unimplemented human character without wasting a character slot.

EDIT: Just got the suggestion that she could switch between Wigfrid/Winnie by swapping putting on her helmet/bonnet.That would work well with the thing of her bonnet looking too big to be a part of her model.

On 22/11/2019 at 6:34 PM, Mike23Ua said:

it depends, I am personal hoping the last dlc character is Charlie, and that she will have the ability to Manipulate the game world around her- we’ve seen many people that can do many things, and the closest we have to world manipulator is Wickerbottom with her Applied Horticulture book..

I was thinking more along the lines of her animated short- where you see her good side and her dark side struggling between rather something should be Pretty or Spooky, Until finally both sides settle for a medium between pretty and spooky. 

People say we can’t have Charlie as playable because she controls the Constant, but Maxwell Also Controlled the Constant in the original DS and He was still playable..

Not to mention there’s still the Return of THEM, I’m pretty certain whoever or Whatever “Them” is wont be happy with Charlie sitting on their throne.

There's a problem, is the fact Charlie is HEAVILY lore based, Klei said they don't want character DLC to have a GIANT impact of the lore, i think it was Joe who said that? So isn't going to be possible, that's the reason Wagstaff is not a DLC character, because he is one of the few character that impact the lore in a GIANT way.

This game is rated 13 and up.. so then my next question is why doesn’t it have any blood? There are comments about blood, horror movie quotes referencing taking stakes and shoving it through your heart, but yet.. no Blood like at All.. and that is really confusing to me because there are Zombie Penguins with their Insides hanging out.. but yet we don’t have some Simple and Cool Halloween themed Cosmetics with blood on them. 

Aka A Bloody Machete Jason Vorhees Himself would be proud of..  Or a Moon Dial Blood Fountain to go with Maxwells new Dracula skin, Maybe perhaps for Hallowed Nights 2020?

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This game is rated 13 and up.. so then my next question is why doesn’t it have any blood? There are comments about blood, horror movie quotes referencing taking stakes and shoving it through your heart, but yet.. no Blood like at All.. and that is really confusing to me because there are Zombie Penguins with their Insides hanging out.. but yet we don’t have some Simple and Cool Halloween themed Cosmetics with blood on them. 

Aka A Bloody Machete Jason Vorhees Himself would be proud of..  Or a Moon Dial Blood Fountain to go with Maxwells new Dracula skin, Maybe perhaps for Hallowed Nights 2020?

How Winnie got anything to do with this.

Also idk why you want blood so much,it doesn't look pretty or cool for a skin.

4 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

How Winnie got anything to do with this.

Simple my dear Watson, Winnie could become a Bloody Zombified Living Corpse, after she got mauled to death by Hellhound & Spiders & then resurrected from beyond the grave by Waverly LOL.

I joke.. but- There is that animated Short of Wilson getting the heck beat out of him and he’s wrapped in bandages and eyepatches for Shipwrecked, Implying that they Do Indeed take a beating from this harsh world.. it’s just that outside of the animated short, that concept is pretty non-existent.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Simple my dear Watson, Winnie could become a Bloody Zombified Living Corpse, after she got mauled to death by Hellhound & Spiders & then resurrected from beyond the grave by Waverly LOL.

I joke.. but- There is that animated Short of Wilson getting the heck beat out of him and he’s wrapped in bandages and eyepatches for Shipwrecked, Implying that they Do Indeed take a beating from this harsh world.. it’s just that outside of the animated short, that concept is pretty non-existent.

So you just want more visual horror/violence in-game?

I mean,yeah,sure why not.  Some fellas would probably dislike it though,you know,just like it happened to the horrorhounds and moonrock pengulls.

15 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

So you just want more visual horror/violence in-game?

I mean,yeah,sure why not.  Some fellas would probably dislike it though,you know,just like it happened to the horrorhounds and moonrock pengulls.

Nah man you misunderstand, I don’t want the game to become extremely graphic like Mortal Kombat.. I just want it to Acknowledge itself as a game above 6 year old children, it’s intended for 13 age and above... but Yet even MINECRAFT a game Actually Intended for children has more Adult themed Spooky Cosmetics, THIS is My Minecraft Character- Notice how her Face is rotting off and half her body is Zombified while the other half is still human Flesh.

8D714A7C-4B7E-40A4-A13F-02C81CF861FB.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Nah man you misunderstand, I don’t want the game to become extremely graphic like Mortal Kombat.. I just want it to Acknowledge itself as a game above 6 year old children, it’s intended for 13 age and above... but Yet even MINECRAFT a game Actually Intended for children has more Adult themed Spooky Cosmetics, THIS is My Minecraft Character- Notice how her Face is rotting off and half her body is Zombified while the other half is still human Flesh.

8D714A7C-4B7E-40A4-A13F-02C81CF861FB.jpeg

That's interesting and all, but can we please keep in mind the original topic xD

Where did all this "Blood in game" Come in? x3

Archived