The Biggest Question Ever

NormalPinkerton

Truly, the biggest question.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a boomer?

• Yes.
    • No.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/03/20 at 02:33 AM

1 hour ago, NormalPinkerton said:

That's reasonable enough, you failed this part of the boomer test, now, are vaccines bad?

Not inherently, but do you trust the same companies that made chemical weapons or sold knowingly HIV tainted blood to do every possible safety test for their products? 

Why are vaccine manufacturer lobbyists giving Congress millions to make their product mandatory? Why are ex-pharmaceutical lobbyists appointed to unelected positions to regulate the industry they still profit from. Why are millions paid out every year in special courts for vaccine caused injuries? 

I think it's another corrupt arm of the pharmaceutical industry. The regulatory boards are all bought and paid for giving complete protection to vaccine manufacturers to put whatever they want in a vaccine with no serious testing either long term or short. I trust the science. I don't trust the companies making the vaccines or the government agencies that are supposed to watch them. 

Edit: Here's a thinker. Shortly before my daughter needed her last vaccine, a news story had come out an a few independent news blogs about children having adverse reaction to a specific agent in recent vaccines. When we went in for the shot, we inquired with the Doctor about it and they said they had seen the report and ordered in some vaccines without the specific chemical agent if people requested it. We got the new one, but only because we asked. Otherwise, they would just issue the vaccine with a known potential for harm to anyone that was none the wiser...

6 minutes ago, NormalPinkerton said:

Boomer-esque, now, do you like/share those minion memes? Also do vaccines cause autism?

The minions are one of the worst things ever created. So is Facebook. 

I haven't seen enough evidence to say that's what causes autism, but I find it highly concerning that the real cause hasn't been discovered yet. We do better about diagnosing and understanding the autism spectrum, but there is a legitimate increase in people being affected. It's one of numbers one concerns of new parents and we have no idea how to prevent or stop it. Something is causing an increase is autism disorder. So what the heck is it? 

13 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

That's a guess. We need scientific confirmation and we have yet to get it. 

I mean, to me it seems like the most logical conclusion, since those the cause for most mental illness/conditions, excluding trauma related ones.

Also not boomer, next question is: why is your name NSAiswatchingus? Also do you hate your wife? And what is your opnion on modern music?

Spoiler

also it's interessing how this thread went from meme to "QnA with NSAIWU"

15 minutes ago, NormalPinkerton said:

I mean, to me it seems like the most logical conclusion, since those the cause for most mental illness/conditions, excluding trauma related ones.

A lot of people would say injecting an infant with a bunch of untested chemicals mixed together would be a traumatic event. 

18 minutes ago, NormalPinkerton said:

Also not boomer, next question is: why is your name NSAiswatchingus? Also do you hate your wife? And what is your opnion on modern music?

Reveal hidden contents

also it's interessing how this thread went from meme to "QnA with NSAIWU"

It's a friendly reminder to everyone that the United States National Security Agency is passively spying on everyone and actively spying on whoever it wants. It's the entire reason Edward Snowden stuck in Russia, because he leaked this to the public and would be arrested immediately if on ally soil. 

Of course I don't hate my wife. I just loved her a few hours ago. Hey-Oh!

What do you mean modern music? Recently released music? Is there some new genre that got invented in the last 5 years? Nothing is new anymore. You either like what you hear or you don't. 

13 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

A lot of people would say injecting an infant with a bunch of untested chemicals mixed together would be a traumatic event. 

Those people are not smart, vaccines have existed for  70 years, most people would say that's enough time for testing, injecting someone with a needle is really just a short and normal pain, a trauma is an experience that extremely hurts someone psycologically/phisically, which the chemicals used in vaccines can not do, they work on the inside, not on the outside.

30 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Of course I don't hate my wife. I just loved her a few hours ago. Hey-Oh!

Smh, not a true boomer s/

31 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

What do you mean modern music? Recently released music? Nothing is new anymore. You either like what you hear or you don't. 

Music currently popular at the time period we're speaking, let's say in the last 5 years, I mean deep inside your brain you can tell what elements you like and dislike, also nothing was ever new, everything we create takes inspiration and elements from what we like subconsciously or not.

I have one last question, at what point do you think doubt turns into paranoia, like denying facts to fit your doubts and refusing to change?

6 minutes ago, NormalPinkerton said:

I have one last question, at what point do you think doubt turns into paranoia, like denying facts to fit your doubts and refusing to change?

Refusing to change always means death. My beliefs have always shifted as new information is presented. You should always be skeptical of everything. Have as many doubts as you can and clear them out with verifiable research. 

There's an uncomfortable transitionary period between learning you can't trust anything and still caring when people say you can. That's where the paranoia comes from. 

9 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

So what the heck is it? 

Story time part 2 Electric Boogaloo:
A significant portion of my family is said to be borderline (myself included if I'm being honest), but normal enough to function. But with lots of weird little quirks that everyone shares. Abnormal ability to duplicate behaviors and a penchant for doing so rapidly; manifests most obviously in art and social interaction.
Tendencies to turtle up for extended periods of time. Stuff like that.

The only person so far to dive fully into those same traits was diagnosed as autistic, naming the traits as the basis for it.
...when she was little, like 0-2 years old (parts of my memory before a few years ago is a mess lmao I don't remember exactly), she was stuck in a van car seat riding around while fleeing from Hurricane Katrina, for what ended up being several months. And she just...never quite grew up. Took the longest time to get her to speak sentences, though some direct blood relatives on the side with those tendencies, myself included, could translate from expressions/the few words/concepts available.
The other side of the family could rarely even guess.

In the end, it seemed like, to her early mind, there was no push to come out of those tendencies.
It's left me convinced that while there are certainly other factors like diet, genetics (obviously in this case lol), allergies, ect, circumstances can also play a major part in the severity, and whether or not the condition is pronounced enough to diagnose/acknowledge.

8 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Is there some new genre that got invented in the last 5 years?

artcore is a legitimate genre fight me
honestly the name is terrible though

19 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

And they've been saying we have 20 years left

if that's true, then at least we can play dont starve for an additional 1.314.900 dont starve days. which equals to18.784,25 dont starve years or 175.320‬ hours on steam.

well, is it that bad then?‬

Archived