[Game Update] - 381550

• Developer
1 hour ago, 1bubbainpa said:

So can we do events from current public servers? Or do we need to have a world with belts on.

The next time a pig leaves its house there will be a chance for him to have a belt. No need to start a new world, just wait for the next day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Is there a patch update trying to go live on Xbox One??? I keep losing Connection to the Online Servers, it’s ONLY Don’t Starve Together that’s doing it... all my other games connections seem to be running fine. But DST keeps crashing me back to the games start menu every now and then.

10 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

Hey @PeterA Thank you for these amazing new skins but a question remains for me.... We have Boomerang skin, BEE MINE skin, BAT BAT skin before an actual, and most used, Dark Sword.... Why do you keep forsaking us!!! 

Appreciated everything else, much love <3

Ding-a-ling-ling-ling-ling-ling-ling-ling
Boo-ba-doo-ba-doop
Boo-ba-doo-ba-doop
Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone
I've got this feeling, so appealing
For us to Get together and sing. Sing!
Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding donana phone
It grows in bunches, I've got my hunches
It's the best! Beats the rest
Cellular, modular, interactivodular
Boop-boo-ba-doo-ba-doop
Ping pong ping pong ping pong ping panana phone
It's no Bologna, it ain't a phony
My cellular bananular phone
  • Thanks 1

It's official, the Contender collection has the absolute best item skins in the game. Prybar? Beautiful. Cowboy Straw hat, rain hat and miner's hat? Incredible. Lover's umbrella? so pretty. Lover's Wardrope? Adorable. Battle hem and Battle spear? Epic! And Now Bee Mine? So elegant. Industrialized trap? Awesome. Tigre Boomerang? Edgyy. Tiger toot trap? Extravagant. Robo-lightning rod? energizing! Robo Flingotron? Perfection. 

Prybar Hammer IconCowboy Straw Hat IconCowboy Straw Hat - Rain Hat IconCowboy Straw Hat - Miner Hat IconLover's Umbrella IconLover's Wardrobe IconGolden Helm IconUltimate Spear Icon

image.png.bd4610c688cfb2375954fe685377f98b.pngimage.png.18f949f53ef3610a44d28f661f5cb913.pngimage.png.7b588f01c2b956751a9da960b4c1cd6e.pngimage.png.384e18965838f5c5d21957667b0252d6.pngimage.png.5146da876bcea36cc81e1fdbe0f53e42.pngimage.png.edf3ffb51a017bdbda897042a3d9e9ed.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Wow, I love the new skins - not just for characters, but for so many things!  Super excited for WX's green lightning rod and flingo, and the new trap skins are gonna be fun!

I love Klei's new direction of pushing free content updates with store skins.  I'll spend WAY more this way, but still be happy about it haha

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Thalkas said:

Also KLEI PLEASE WHY PIG COINS CAN BE BURNED!

"Ah geez, the entire Pig Man community is broke. I guess that's why their money shouldn't have been made flammable and during the summertime. It should have been minted with the Sun in mind..." - The Pig King, probably.

Edited by TheKingDedede
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Any tips to solo the mini event without cheating? I kinda suck at it (and the pigs are not afraid to let me know :D)

I haven't played since the event was live before but iirc the strategy for solo is to go for signs first.  Its a bit of a momentum game, if the pigs start to wack you you're gonna have a bad time.  Go for signs, hit pigs, then go for coins, repeat.  Profit from legit playing is probably low, a few coins a run.  Cheesing it is WAY more profitable, but eh its your game.

I'll load up a game and try really quick to see if I'm right or wrong. (good excuse to check out the new skins before work hehe)

edit - yeah grab signs first, attack pigs who also grab signs, then when there are no signs hit a pig for gold.  Try to hit a pig that is not close to other pigs so they don't grab the gold before you can.  Also if you are gonna get hit by a sign b/c you can't get to it fast enough try to be between the pig king and the pig with sign so that you don't get knocked too far out.

Perfect play will probably get you 1 coin per wave, I don't think you can do much better solo.  The pigs are faster than you, have no chance for user error, and they block your movement.

That's why I don't care about cheesing things.  The game doesn't give a fair solo experience imo and I play solo 99% of the time.  This match is fun, so I cheese it to farm rewards but I'll play it just b/c 

Edited by Shosuko
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fi7iP said:

I like the new mechanics from the Pig King year. But combat pigs need a trait to be able to take gold that is placed behind an object through which they cannot pass. Because it is very easy to abuse and greatly simplify minigame.

legit let them ignore any collision that isn't a land border

• Like 1

why ppl gotta be aggro about exploits?  You don't like it?  don't do it - this type of game is pretty much all about exploits, both by design and by happy accident.  Hate meatballs?  I don't care - there will always be the "meta meal" and if its not meatballs it will be something else.  Don't like unit collision with pigs?  say they get rid of it, you gonna hate on roads next?  At what point do you stop?  Its all slipery slope.  Unless it is literally a game breaking bug causing some issues, or completely bypassing essential game play, get over it.

Especially since this game is basically DS2.  I think its wrong to not consider the solo experience, and the pig battle - while fun - isn't worth the rewards solo.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

Especially since this game is basically DS2.  I think its wrong to not consider the solo experience, and the pig battle - while fun - isn't worth the rewards solo.

I mean it's a way to get some free gold in exchange for like one minute of your time. I think the tradeoff is okay in like mid/late game when you find yourself waiting on something or have nothing to do.

• Like 1

Well, secondary reason for making the pigs from the game ignore collisions would be freeing up players from having to make a hole in their base in order to start the game.
Clearly there was an intent by Klei to prevent cheesing the mode using buildings, given that you can't start the minigame if there are any buildings in a certain radius. Let the pigs ignore collisions, and then that building restriction can be gotten rid of. Can then decorate the area to your heart's content.

• Like 1

Cool but when is fish girl getting sanity drain from water gonna be fixed. Or maybe someone can explain to me why this is so. Especially when her quotes for rain are, "Why not play in rain, florp?"  "Ahh... wetter feel better, florp!" "Mermfolk love water, florp!" "Feels good on scales!" :confused:

• Thanks 2