Meep's Mandatory Recreation Pack RELEASED! - 381414

Update has the game crashing every 10 minutes or so (looking at auto save times). Mods are installed but not enabled.

Anyone else experiencing this? Was running fine before the update.

Modest colony of 16 dupes. Haven't reached space yet. Around cycle 250 and I've yet to experience the late game lag.

Queued up a bunch of dig and build commands to try and clear out the map. This is when it first crashed after the update. But now it crashes no matter what I do.

I've attached the save game file, output log file, and the dxdiag file, per the support instructions. On Windows 10 but did not find any DMP files in the specified location.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

First time posting on the forums so apologies if this is not the right place for this.

ONI-DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Planned Base.sav

Edited by snam23
add clarification

If your game is crashing at the same point every day try and load the game into duplicity save game editor and remove the new traits (sparkle streaker, balloon artist, superproductive etc) and then use that save game, works for me!

I think I am the first to discover this so woohoo me :D

6 hours ago, brucemo said:

I updated because I wanted the "dupes no longer stand around for a few [a lot] seconds after doing something" fix, and because I was hoping the lower graphics option would help.

Twenty crashes later I'm regretting this. And dupes still stand around.

https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/#/  Load your save, remove the new traits from each duplicant. Should fix it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Galifrey1965 said:

If your game is crashing at the same point every day try and load the game into duplicity save game editor and remove the new traits (sparkle streaker, balloon artist, superproductive etc) and then use that save game, works for me!

I think I am the first to discover this so woohoo me :D

https://robophred.github.io/oni-duplicity/#/  Load your save, remove the new traits from each duplicant. Should fix it!

Thanks for the tip but I don't think that's the issue as I haven't accepted any new dupes. But I'll keep that in mind for the future!

I did deconstruct the soda maker and that seems to have fixed the issue. It wasn't hooked up though.

On a more related note, I think the soda maker finally gives us something else to do with all our excess CO2!

18 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Dont think so. ONI runs on any newer iGPU. The game is just not really demanding in graphics. The fps drops are from CPU-load, which has nothing to do with graphics resolution.

I mean, is nice that they start adding more options to the game.

A option that would turn on/off data tracking might help a bit, for example (buildings age, critter tracking, travel/work time, oxygen production, power, etc), of course, is useful information sometimes, but I can live without it.

• Like 1

I've done some tests, and if someone is interrested in, see below the supply access for juicer (bottom left). This machine is big, so it could help to integrate the whole thing.

image.thumb.png.6e18af98acb59755f2bc3a362c3998a1.png

Edited by OxCD

3 hours ago, snam23 said:

Thanks for the tip but I don't think that's the issue as I haven't accepted any new dupes. But I'll keep that in mind for the future!

I did deconstruct the soda maker and that seems to have fixed the issue. It wasn't hooked up though.

On a more related note, I think the soda maker finally gives us something else to do with all our excess CO2!

The traits were added to all your existing dupes ;) 

• Like 1

• Developer
Just now, Ellilea said:

I can confirm @Galifrey1965 fix does the trick. Played for a bit with no more issues once the Sparkle traits were removed from my 3 dupes that got it :) I'd recommend just noting down who had it, removing it, and then simply re-adding it once the bug is fixed :)

Thanks for the reports - we've identified the fix related to the Sparkle trait and will get that out shortly

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, fatheroctopus said:

Thanks for the reports - we've identified the fix related to the Sparkle trait and will get that out shortly

Awesome, now I just need duplicity updated so I can put them the traits back on :)

Edited by Galifrey1965
  • Like 1

Tried to build a Hot tub but the overheat temperature is set to the same temperature as the water temp. (99.9 F) 

When the water heats up the tub takes overheat damage. 

Trying to cool the tub makes the water too cold and they won't use it. 

Cant figure out a way to make it work.