-Variant    5,354

It was planned.

They've got the animations for it already, it just went unused or was possibly scrapped.

They've got all the required fishing animations, but are finished for the most part.

• Like 2

Nickolai    1,024
Just now, -Variant said:

It was planned.

They've got the animations for it already, it just went unused or was possibly scrapped.

They've got all the required fishing animations, but are finished for the most part.

Can you send me the art and animations for it? i would love to see them.

Mime    31
On 11/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, Zeklo said:

I'd love to have more complex "big" fish fishing mechanics. It'd need to be... mechanically sound.
Otherwise there wouldn't be much reason to combat them.

or just replace dst fishing mechanics with stardews ;)

x0-VERSUS-1y    4,248
13 hours ago, Mime said:

or just replace dst fishing mechanics with stardews ;)

Yep, great idea (like the "spinning around players" from LoL): let's just copy things from other games to DST. And... make it better?! :encouragement:

(the cold true, sadly, being this tactic was/is in many-many historical and present-day cases a valid "recipe for success"; yet still...)

• Like 1

Mime    31
3 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Wasn’t stardew’s fishing considered garbage?

i thought it was p good? huh.

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yep, great idea (like the "spinning around players" from LoL): let's just copy things from other games to DST. And... make it better?! :encouragement:

(the cold true, sadly, being this tactic was/is in many-many historical and present-day cases a valid "recipe for success"; yet still...)

ok ok, to be fair, its more of a comparison then anything, one of the more frequent complaints i hear nowadays is that collecting materials is really boring y'know? even i cant disagree with that. so i was thinking about how hamlet has you use the machete to break and collect grass, then i went on to think about how you would make more efficient for a character like woodie... mostly working backwards to LOL. The stardew thing was more of a joke though.   

- edit: i should note though, the idea of coming up with something on your own is near impossible, from a realistic standpoint, people subconsciously take and morph material that they see everyday, i dont have the evidance but i can look for and send you some if you really want it, in other words, just take a look at what dont starve once was, a cast away 'simulator'. 

Edited by Mime

GenomeSquirrel    641
1 hour ago, Mime said:

i thought it was p good? huh.

It’s good if you want people to fail.

Introducing RPG mechanics to make certain fish impossible to catch, never communicating that to players, and the bizarre controls they never bother explaining made it the worst part of the game and the worst fishing I can remember.