Uproot Bull Kelp using Sea Fishing Rod

I think with the addition of the new fishing rod, one issue I've always had with kelp in particular could be resolved: relocation.

Right now, you can only get bull kelp stalks from the lunar island's beached kelp (and the new ocean debris, though the chance of getting a stalk from it seems extremely low). Once someone gets their hand on the lunar islands' kelp stalks, they can plant them near their base and it'll stay there forever. There's no way to relocate it, especially if it's been placed next to shore (which is practically always the case).

For that, I think a suggestion I'd have for being able to relocate the kelp stalks would be with the new fishing rod. Here's my idea: Similar to ocean debris, the sea fishing rod would hook onto planted bull kelp in the ocean, and you'd be able to pull it out by reeling it in properly. That way bull kelp stalks could be relocated from anywhere.

I think if this were to be implemented, bull kelp should also have world regrowth applied to it, similar to grass tufts, saplings and berry bushes in Endless mode.

Correct me if I'm wrong, can't you use the narwhal's horn to relocate them? 

6 hours ago, Electroely said:

For that, I think a suggestion I'd have for being able to relocate the kelp stalks would be with the new fishing rod. Here's my idea: Similar to ocean debris, the sea fishing rod would hook onto planted bull kelp in the ocean, and you'd be able to pull it out by reeling it in properly. That way bull kelp stalks could be relocated from anywhere.

This isn't a bad idea though. 

48 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, can't you use the narwhal's horn to relocate them? 

Oh, that's true! I didn't think the horn would work on them. Thank you. Though I still think it'd be good if you could uproot them, it's at least nice to know that this is an option. I don't think there was a way you could get them out of corners at all prior to this beta update.

Archived