What kind of buffs, nerfs or tweaks would you like to see in dst

30 minutes ago, Kelloggs Dogfry said:

So, the way Wicker currently works is that she loses sanity for reading her book, but she can continue to read her book even after 0 sanity. This creates a situation where she can just craft a bunch of books and sit there reading as many times as she wants. The idea would be that if she had a cost, she would not be able to keep reading after she has exhausted her sanity. Ex: she read her book three times, and is down to 8 sanity when it costs 25 (or whatever it is so) she cannot read again until she at least has 25 sanity to pay. 

Ah, that makes total sense. That would definitely be a welcome change.

Sidenote: I think she's not insanely overpowered, she just synergizes well with pretty much everyone. Namely WX-78 and Wurt. Her only real questionable book is On Tentacles. She's a must-pick if you have a WX-78, and that's okay. I agree that nerfing would be a poor choice so maybe Klei could introduce alternative methods for WX-78 achieving overcharge. A new electric mob perhaps? An electric food? Batteries... Who knows. I can't wait to see what Klei does to bring the rest of the cast up to Wickers level.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Another idea I had was a Creature Tier progression System, using only the Spider Den as the Example, What if Spider Dens went through 4 Tiers of evolution the first one is obviously no real threat, but a Tier 4... always spawns into a Spider Queen. Players would then have to be sure to always Destroy or Downgrade a Spiders Den by killing out the Spiders to lower the Den Tier back down.

doesn't a spider queen always spawn from a tier 3 nest?

17 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

It would seem like it but Not every tier 3 nest I don’t believe, it may do that on PC... but over on Xbox I’ve only ever seen 2 or 3 Spider Queens spawn at a time. I have tested your theory though- by running around attacking Tier 3 nests/haunting them as a ghost they defiantly don’t Always spawn from them. That would be... just plain Murder if they did though.

8 hours ago, metallichydra said:

Its basically a tier 4 nest although it has the same appearance as a tier 3 and the queen will only come out if you've been standing near it for a while or hit it or something.

(To better describe it the tier 3 nest doesn't imminently change into a spider queen, it has to stay dormant for a while)

I have a mod that handles a lot of this, but I’d still be interested in Klei doing something similar.

For me, one of the biggest problems is that some single items, systems or food sources are a little too good on their own.

I handle things like stone fruit and bunnymen by tuning them down—making stone fruit more of a renewable source of rocks and bringing bunnies down to pigmen levels.

Sometimes stat nerfs work, but they can also be rather boring and don’t always make the game more fun and dynamic. For example, meatballs limit the design space by offering big stats for very little effort. Nerfing stats would make it another useless item, so I handle it by introducing new recipes that stop the player from relying too much on a single filler source. Too many carrots make carrot soup, etc. It’s still a viable dish, but it now requires the player to experiment or diversify their food sources (at which point there are much better foods that can be made with the resources at hand).

Another example is nerfing monster meat farms by introducing a monstrous egg item when you feed monster meat to a bird. It doesn’t do anything more special than carry over the monster ingredient value, but this is enough to severely impact how easy it is to make meatballs, pierogi or bacon and eggs with little more than monster meat.

I do a lot of other things, like making football helmets require leather made from pigskin. Tweaks like this cut out a lot of no-brainer plays, add some difficulty but keep things fun without being too punishing.

These are the types of tweak that I’d like to see Klei do more often.

Archived