jantonio

Please change malbatross to an actual threat

SonicDen220    1,451

Definitely agreed. The way you find malbatross now is horrible

I'm debating if finding malbatross is harder than summoning the fuelweaver. For fuelweaver the RNG isn't bad - The only real thing you have no control over is just finding the correct big tentacle, that's not a problem. Every chess sculpture part is guaranteed on the main land, finding the ruins and the labyrinth isn't difficult when world gen follows a consistent pattern (like ruins being always connected to a muddy biome with a lot of lightbulbs, which also connects to the 3 colored mushroom forests). Fossil fragments aren't rare plus they're guaranteed if you mine spilagmites.

For malbatross RNG is a brutal deciding factor that you have 0 control over. Can be anywhere in the ocean, only 25% of the places where he can spawn can have him at all. And if you don't kill him in 3 days after (somehow) finding him, he's gonna relocate. The ocean is massive, sailing is very slow (and sea stacks make it even slower).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

QrChuck    259

Strongly agree. Recently i spent 4 hours to find the big birb and I still haven't. I thought it would be awesome, if Malbatross spawns after fishing on the shoal related to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mime    32
On 11/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, jantonio said:

An idea from Glermz is to make fishing the way to spawn him instead of traveling around the world for a new sail and a paddle.

The new sea fishing is a nice add on and it would be great if fishing had the looming threat of something other than a squid also eating the fish infront of one.

haha good one

X-lem    335
On 11/16/2019 at 9:07 AM, jantonio said:

An idea from Glermz is to make fishing the way to spawn him instead of traveling around the world for a new sail and a paddle.

The new sea fishing is a nice add on and it would be great if fishing had the looming threat of something other than a squid also eating the fish infront of one.

But you can spawn her from fishing...

"The Malbatross also has a 10% to spawn when a player hooks a Deep Bass."

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Malbatross