[Game Update] - 379886

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Oi devs, you cheeky sneaks, you thought you could pass this by me, huh?

anim_toast.png.c9e0d4e45938d776c3d081401166630b.png

Never. 

soyousay.png.05776c9f722aafebc2f89783d17baccd.png

This is more than most likely a Winters Feast Toast Emote.

Ya Know, Milk, Cookies, Eggnog, HOT CHOCOLATE.

Unless... we are to assume that all that Beefa- Eww Nevermind.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually reel one in-- has anyone actually caught anything yet? Not sure I understand the mechanic at the moment. There's no line indication to show me which fish is currently hooked / where it is in the water; all I've figured out how to do is to not snap my line so far.

Edited by Werecrowe

7 minutes ago, Werecrowe said:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually reel one in-- has anyone actually caught anything yet? Not sure I understand the mechanic at the moment. There's no line indication to show me which fish is currently hooked / where it is in the water; all I've figured out how to do is to not snap my line so far.

Whenever a fish bites the bait, just spam "Reel in" button, but stop doing anything as soon as your character lifts the rod over their head. Repeat. 

Eventually you catch it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Misa22 said:

Whenever a fish bites the bait, just spam "Reel in" button, but stop doing anything as soon as your character lifts the rod over their head. Repeat. 

Eventually you catch it. 

OHHH thanks! I didn't think to spam right click...thanks a million!

• Like 1

unknown.png

That's all of 'em! I love the new fishing mechanics, they're super fun and already becoming one of my favorite DST-exclusive features, and I haven't even got into the bobbers/lures past the basic ones that are unlocked when you first build a tackle receptacle. It did just turn spring, and that down feather float does sound like a nice place to start... but I've gotta make a nice display for these little guys too. Lots to do! Really great update.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3