what did the beard777 do?

Ardcrumb

6 hours ago, NormalPinkerton said:

Stole designs and he also drags out his videos a lot.

The design thing was a one time offense I can over look, but the drawn out explanations and pace of the video are what I can't handle. 

While we're some what on the subject, can we stop with repetitive sexual innuendos in every video at almost every opportunity? It's not just the beard. You're ALL guilty of it. 

11 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

While we're some what on the subject, can we stop with repetitive sexual innuendos in every video at almost every opportunity? It's not just the beard. You're ALL guilty of it. 

I fully agree with that too, it just gets tiring and is just a crutch

56 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

What? Can someone explain what is this about? Are people making innuendos at his comment section?

53 minutes ago, NormalPinkerton said:

What? Can someone explain what is this about? Are people making innuendos at his comment section?

I'm not gonna pin exact moments in each video, but it's like there's a DST youtuber innuendo cheat sheet. Silk or webs is always "sticky stuff". Anything with tentacles is hentai. There's more but those are the most egregious I hear all the time. 

Biased and opinionated advice, condescending attitude with a big ego, not giving credit where it's due, and slowly paced videos with moments that beat around the bush for no reason are just a few things that come to mind. My biggest pet peeve is the first point "biased and opinionated advice", mainly as it can give newer players a wrong idea of how things are "supposed to be" and is shown in some other you-tubers; for example the quote: "Only kill the pigs during a Full-Moon when they are werepigs". -Beard777. The problem with stuff like that (and one of the reasons I'm not a fan of Edgy Rick either) is that it is entirely opinion-based. Sure it pays better than a pig war, but one could argue that you would have at least 3-4 opportunities to start an enclosed war ON TOP of getting them for a full moon but you wont hear that from someone that treats it as a fact. On the flip-side, an example of you-tubers that do it right (in my opinion of course) Helicalpuma and James Bucket, with straight to the point facts and helpful information from each. What makes them different in the opinion department are the blunt facts and statistics on how the game works and with phrases of "What I like to do is.." or "Something you could do in this scenario..." which spawn interest and critical thinking in both players and other you-tubers (Don Giani as an example of crediting Helicalpuma for his Webber Stories series) into the ability to add your own ideas and designs that can be shared to better the experience for everyone as opposed to "tier lists" and misguided information.  

My problem with Beard is very simple... he just doesn't make good videos, and does not intend to improve. You can tell that he's always reading from the wiki (and sometimes even misunderstanding what he's reading) for his videos. Watching a Beard video doesn't feel like you're watching someone who's passionate about the game and wants to share the knowledge they've learned, it feels like watching someone who played the game enough to understand the basics and is now using the wiki to write their lazy videos for them.

The best example in my opinion is his video on whaling in SW. The information in it is taken entirely from the wiki, including really bad "tips" (like using VOLCANO ERUPTIONS to bloat whales??) that no one would ever use in actual gameplay, but was written on the wiki and so he confidently stated it as if it was something you would actually do.

That video is also one of the worst times I've seen where he completely misunderstands what he's copying off the wiki. He claims in a very condescending tone that whaling has less "depth" than hunting in RoG, and that both whale types drop "the exact same crap". This is incredibly insulting considering that whale loot isn't "crap" at all, and the white whale's harpoon is one of the coolest SW weapons, with 10 uses and 200 damage, you can kill a boss like the Ancient Herald or Deerclops using nothing but a single harpoon! Beard probably wouldn't appreciate that kind of thing though, because he has an incredibly confusing rule about how his videos won't even acknowledge the existence of taking content from one world to another, even in cases like the slot machine accepting oincs where it's such important information for anyone who plans to actively gamble.

To make things worse, Beard later claimed in the comments that he purposely left out the harpoon and intended to cover it in a video about SW weapons. If that's true, it's even worse than if he had simply forgotten. Intentionally leaving out information and making a guide misleading so that you have more content for another video is incredibly scummy. Shipwrecked already has a bad reputation as it is, and something like this just makes it look even worse to the people who watch his content.

As a DS/T content creator myself, I believe you should try to make videos on topics you're passionate and knowledgeable about and want to share with the community. Beard doesn't do that, he simply squeezes as much content as possible out of topics he doesn't understand by copying off the Don't Starve Wiki's inaccurate homework.

I don't really have much of a problem with him (despite the fact that I made the meme) but he's just...taaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllkkkkkks llliiiiiiiiikkkkkkkeee thhhiissssssssss. And I forgot in which thread I saw it, but in one of his videos he made a "slaughter house" and I found a thread for that exact same slaughter house, pretty sure it was a "share your funny images" thread or something like that, but if he did get the idea from there and didn't credit, that's just not chill. Other than stolen content and wayyyyyy too long videos to explain something that takes like maybe 2 minutes tops, I guess you could learn a few things from him, so he's just ok.

He makes his videos long and slow to the point of you speeding up the video to 1.5x the speed would make it still possible to understand, like 3 10 minute videos about autumn? alrighte, I could say that its a special strategy or a noob-mediocre-pro guides except...

Spoiler

He tells a new player to kill deerclops with almost no gear-levels of misdirection

but what I can't undestand is a whole 10+ minute video about MOLEWORMS, longer than a video about Wormwood, oh wait, there's two more videos about him.

Then after he got flamed he blamed it on his actual long term audience for his downfall on twitch (no crap, people stopped watching him after what he did)

After that Lakurion (A person Beard stole some ideas from too,also no longer my epic friend) chose to commit cringe moment post Wortox NSFW in Beard's discord, luckily a moderator banned him, after 5 or so hours Beard arrived and for no reason at all, banned me and said moderator.

I love myself some beardrama

Archived