Meep's Mandatory Recreation Content Pack available for Testing! - 379337

1 hour ago, Junksteel said:

Please buff carpeted tile. It's expensive enough to offer max decor bonus. Refined metal tiles are cheaper to build, gives max decor and still a speed bonus.

For what it's worth, metal tiles have an opportunity cost.  Refined metal is used in a lot of building projects, whereas reed fibers are relatively useless after clothing and canvases are made.

5 minutes ago, goboking said:

For what it's worth, metal tiles have an opportunity cost.  Refined metal is used in a lot of building projects, whereas reed fibers are relatively useless after clothing and canvases are made.

Ahm.. insulation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, FenrirZeroZero said:

Has someone a GIF or Video from the new Stuff. I'm still locked into work for 6 hours... 

Here you are! :wilson_goodjob:

Spoiler
13 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

anim_interacts_beach_chair.png.cf37c4879040c635e1445763fde2d9fd.pnganim_interacts_windtunnel.png.b3190a5b954aa99583d0b1e2e2ed780d.pnganim_interacts_sodamaker.png.c752bd0bdc44e5530a802854b78c1b67.pnganim_interacts_mechanical_surfboard2.png.bc58d1778897d26586101d1bab533c1d.pnganim_interacts_mechanical_surfboard.png.974418742c9d7bffdd6e5eb180c2578d.png

14 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

sunlamp_000.png.61995c24abdb1b9e7ba9118d3c3ef7be.png

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

HOT TUB

Hide contents

anim_interacts_hottub.png.4bb018c4eb57e89035f80a567ca460e2.pnghottub_overheated.png.d2e509e2715afd8ae80a8a46a070b76a.png

JUICER

Hide contents

anim_interacts_juicer.png.72aff384b798bcb29d59f0db2027e3ba.png

STICKERS

Hide contents

stickers.png.8b5a405e45978fcbe409223708f953ae.pnganim_stickers_v2.png.a88f830b0177da2c45950899fb977794.pnganim_stickers.png.d6b93fa53c3e12951731b56f603366e8.png

I'm not entirely sure which one is correct. ^^;

BALLOON

Hide contents

anim_balloon.png.c45eb66d2fac3bacdd7d6253428ede12.pngballoon.png.2ccf57e938e300bb8721ee51e70d3471.png

PRODUCTIVE

Hide contents

anim_productive.png.1792372dfc97a2516730ce9e399adcfc.pngproductive_fx.png.7acd350258ed28ea88a94fdb2ce9f649.pnganim_loco_productive.png.7c867ceda1aebdff1da8b572ddc7a61b.png

1 hour ago, coheru said:

i want to know the moral necessary to activate the new joy effects

From what I can see, it's based off of a chance system, with it becoming more likely to happen the higher the morale is. I'll do some testing and report back my findings. :wilson_smile:

• Thanks 3

18 hours ago, OxCD said:

No gas input for the soda fountain ? Only catching CO2 from the air ? That's weird :-/

EDIT : ah nop ! ^^ neither. No way to catch the CO2 apparently. @Ipsquiggle

Would make sense if it required gas canisters filled with CO2. Would make for a good use of the canister filler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please, input pipe or gas canisters for the soda fountain. I want to put zombie spore infected CO2 in it and see what happens.

Also, maybe it would be appropriate to increase the maximum size of the recreation room now? Gone are the days of a lonely water cooler by the printing pod with a couple stifled plants.

• Like 2

• Developer
30 minutes ago, 6Havok9 said:

Please, input pipe or gas canisters for the soda fountain. I want to put zombie spore infected CO2 in it and see what happens.

Also, maybe it would be appropriate to increase the maximum size of the recreation room now? Gone are the days of a lonely water cooler by the printing pod with a couple stifled plants.

The soda fountain should be accepting CO2 gas canisters - if you're not seeing that work please let us know :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, fatheroctopus said:

The soda fountain should be accepting CO2 gas canisters - if you're not seeing that work please let us know :)

It does accept gas canisters. Its internal storage is 2 kg, which should be enough for 2 uses according to the tooltip. Kinda low number... A "working" dupe has to deliver the canister, those in downtime won't fill the fountain (ok, obviously, I guess)

Also, they don't seem to use it. Not in the recreation room, not in the mess hall after a meal. Never. They just fill it with CO2 once it has water in it, and that's it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

First thing I've noticed is that the small symbols feel pixelated/anti-aliased.

this. the same with the UI..? it feels like it looks different.

normal distance.. looks kinda.. err.. crappy?

image.png.bcff02e3279080341f7eff52f4abc35f.png

zoomed in.. they look AMAZING. those layered drop shadows, oh myyy! i love it.

image.thumb.png.157cf79c130a7414ae7d2fe1178cef91.png

UI before update:

image.png.7eb917d7c89c946a30af83aaf9b57469.png

UI after (same size ui and such):

image.png.3867f9e6e7e83da4f4c4ba5401740df2.png

• Like 1

I'm seeing strange things :

1. On, a pitcher pump the dupes, keep pumping but the pumped water disapears (capures attached) I think they want polluted wter but get normal one instead ... Yet no progress occurs

2. bathtub : when connected to output pipe the tube fills a bit then empties itself immediatly. I expected the power wire to be used to heat the water however it doesn't and the tube is useless

20191113205048_2.jpg

20191113205047_1.jpg

20191113205048_1.jpg

Grimy Hospital.sav

• Developer
35 minutes ago, 6Havok9 said:

It does accept gas canisters. Its internal storage is 2 kg, which should be enough for 2 uses according to the tooltip. Kinda low number... A "working" dupe has to deliver the canister, those in downtime won't fill the fountain (ok, obviously, I guess)

Also, they don't seem to use it. Not in the recreation room, not in the mess hall after a meal. Never. They just fill it with CO2 once it has water in it, and that's it.

Found the bug and fixed for the next patch - thanks for the report!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, stgo said:

2. bathtub : when connected to output pipe the tube fills a bit then empties itself immediatly. I expected the power wire to be used to heat the water however it doesn't and the tube is useless

It says "too cold", so it empties itself. I tried pumping in 60° C water and it says it's good to go, but the bleach stone inside evaporates at the speed of light, even in a pressurized environment. It says emitting chlorine: 0 g/s. And dupes don't use it.

The surfboard works fine, the chair seems to take a bit too long, I guess it's the ultimate in total laziness... There is no stress reduction during its use however, which seems weird =v

• Like 3

On 12.11.2019 at 11:34 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Hello friends!

Today we start testing a free ONI update: Meep's Manadatory Recreation Content Pack! This is a content pack with a set of new recreation buildings to help our Duplicants relax and enjoy the leisure time all that Automation has brought to them. 

As well, we've added a new mechanic called “Overjoyed Responses” which gives a chance of bonus improvements to decor or productivity along with new Overjoyed reaction animations when Duplicant morale is much higher than expectations!

The team has been hard at work these last few months improving performance issues, as well as working on bigger things for the future. We figured it's been a while since Launch and you all deserve a little something nice while you're waiting.

We've fixed a number of bugs in this update as well, so thank you so much to everyone who has reported bugs in the forum! We always appreciate your reports and feedback!

What does this testing branch contain so far?

Here are the changes we've made so far in this Pack, loosely categorized:

Hide contents

• Steam turbines correctly obtain boost from Engie's Tune-up

Oh HELL YEAH!

2 hours ago, 6Havok9 said:

It says "too cold", so it empties itself. I tried pumping in 60° C water and it says it's good to go, but the bleach stone inside evaporates at the speed of light, even in a pressurized environment. It says emitting chlorine: 0 g/s. And dupes don't use it.

I've already pointed it out few minutes after the update (see page before). Klei already confirmed that there is a bug and they are working on it.

• Developer
4 hours ago, stgo said:

1. On, a pitcher pump the dupes, keep pumping but the pumped water disapears (capures attached) I think they want polluted wter but get normal one instead ... Yet no progress occurs

Looks like this bug has been around for quite awhile! Should be addressed in the next patch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2