Mike23Ua

The Uncompromising Mode without Mods For Xbox & PS4!

Mike23Ua    822

Okay so i’ll Keep this short & simple- Console versions of DST do not have access to PC Modded content and therefore Mods do not apply to Us.

However.. I’ve played enough Console DST to know & understand what needs changing to make the game harder for players without the use of Mods. 

#1- Remove the Pig King, literally every game I join players always ask where is Pig King so they can trade useless junk to him in exchange for Ridiculous amounts of gold ingots. You want a harder game, make ingots harder to obtain it can’t get anymore simple than that.

#2- I’ve been playing A lot of Wickerbottom lately and one of Wickerbottoms personal traits is that she can not sleep like at all EVER without a special book or eating a Mandrake plant.. But I’ve noticed that Tents and Seista-Lean-To’s will allow every other character besides Wicker to Rest restoring both their Health and their Sanity levels in the process, so on a harder difficulty option completely remove all sleep craftables from the game. Unable to sleep means Health & Sanity bars become much more of a concern.

#3- Spider Warriors should be able to Destroy traps instead of being easily captured in them, one thing I’ve noticed about spiders is that fighting them with a Spear can end very badly for you.. but kiting them into traps is the safest & most effective way to farm spider loot items. For a Harder difficulty  though I believe Spider Warriors at least should be able to instantly destroy and break free of these traps.

#4- Make the crafting of certain game changing items require more materials to build, for example instead of 4 wood planks to build a boat.. make it 8 or 12.

and that’s it! No Mods required, just a simple Difficulty toggle change with some very minor & pretty basic gameplay changes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 23
  • Sad 1

Mike23Ua    822
17 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

You can just turn resources to low, no? Why make all these strange changes? 

It’s for a harder difficulty mode.. you can’t turn off Pig King (on Xbox)would be nice if you could though!

Superwolfkid    679
29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s for a harder difficulty mode.. you can’t turn off Pig King (on Xbox)would be nice if you could though!

Theres literally a plus option though, that gives you a better start with supplies but in a more scarce world with less food and supplies, 

Lammarr    1,069

#1 Renewable gold is useful for tools that last longer and Wigfrid's battle helms,this is just a Wigfrid nerf,there's always enough gold in the world to make your one-investment stuff.

#2 Sleeping is a big waste of time,this changes nothing

#3 Traps aren't the most effective way of farming spiders, Weremoose,Webber,Abigail and Bunnymen are way better than this horrible strat.

#4 This will only make you waste more time gathering materials not hard tbh just plain boring.

Your Uncompromising Mode only makes the game harder for newbies imo.

Edited by Lammarr
  • Like 4

Mike23Ua    822

“Newbies” as you call them are no offense- 99.9% of the Console population.

Don’t believe me? Try it yourself, fire up an Xbox one version of DST and then join 15-20 random servers preferably on day 10 or less, Just Watch and be amazed at how many times people die.. and how often they either leave the game or rollback the server.

When you see the message “So and So Died to Abigail” or “Killed by eating Pepper” it’s a facepalm moment before.

Ive even seen a guy die to FLINT and I’m still wondering how the hell thats even possible. -shrugs-

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Zarklord    620
29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Don’t believe me? Try it yourself, fire up an Xbox one version of DST and then join 15-20 random servers preferably on day 10 or less, Just Watch and be amazed at how many times people die.. and how often they either leave the game or rollback the server.

When you see the message “So and So Died to Abigail” or “Killed by eating Pepper” it’s a facepalm moment before.

Ive even seen a guy die to FLINT and I’m still wondering how the hell thats even possible. -shrugs-

if its 99.9% of the console population, then this is completely unnecessary.

• Thanks 3

Lammarr    1,069
30 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Then making this ''hard mode'' won't change anything,like you said,they're newbies and they will die anyways and actually experienced players won't get affected.

Also the poor guy got killed by flint due to undeground earthquakes.

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    822
6 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Then making this ''hard mode'' won't change anything,like you said,they're newbies and they will die anyways and actually experienced players won't get affected.

except... he wasn’t underground he was in the base. maybe there’s some explosive that is triggered by flint? I don’t know.

Lammarr    1,069
Just now, Mike23Ua said:

except... he wasn’t underground he was in the base. maybe there’s some explosive that is triggered by flint? I don’t know.

Are you sure about that?

I mean,it's impossible to get killed by flint,unless someone was named flint....

maradyne    4,549
1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

unless you're playing with some mod then no
Which, I mean...you wouldn't be.

NoscopeFelix    2,058

I‘m not sure if I am on board with this uncompromising mode, but It would be nice to have more world settings in general (like for pigking ,lunar island and such)

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    822
6 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Are you sure about that?

I mean,it's impossible to get killed by flint,unless someone was named flint....

He was playing as Maxwell.. but I did not bother to check and see the names of the other players in the game- so this is defiantly possible. 

But I do know that when examining Flint as Maxwell he will say “Ow I cut my Finger!” to the best of my knowledge it doesn’t actually do health damage to him to pick it up. I don’t play as Maxwell enough to confirm rather or not Flint deals health damage. 

Either way.. that is certainly the strangest thing that I’ve seen someone be killed by in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lammarr    1,069
1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

He was playing as Maxwell.. but I did not bother to check and see the names of the other players in the game- so this is defiantly possible. 

But I do know that when examining Flint as Maxwell he will say “Ow I cut my Finger!” to the best of my knowledge it doesn’t actually do health damage to him to pick it up. I don’t play as Maxwell enough to confirm rather or not Flint deals health damage. 

Either way.. that is certainly the strangest thing that I’ve seen someone be killed by in the game.

He doesn't take damage to flint in anyway,so this is a pretty odd mistery....

But at least this gave me the idea to rename myself to Cactus or Starvation and hunt down people in pvp servers.

• Haha 4

Sunset Skye    4,058
18 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Are you sure about that?

Flint falls from earthquakes, and does damage, and is listed as the cause of death.

• Thanks 2

Lammarr    1,069
5 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Flint falls from earthquakes, and does damage, and is listed as the cause of death.

I know that.

Thanks anyways,didn't mean to sound rude.

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:
32 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Edited by Lammarr

Mike23Ua    822
10 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

He doesn't take damage to flint in anyway,so this is a pretty odd mistery....

But at least this gave me the idea to rename myself to Cactus or Starvation and hunt down people in pvp servers.

A Better name would be Wes Balloon.

• Haha 1

Mike23Ua    822

This is supposed to be the Console players alternative to making the game more difficult, all of you come in here with confused faces and laughing emotes when all I want is the options to toggle more or less of certain gameplay elements.

i want the option to turn the Pig King off so he doesn’t spawn on the Map at all, I also want the Option to turn the Spider Queen and Bee Queens off, why?? Because I don’t feel like running from a co-op boss while playing alone.. There’s options to turn of Bearger, Deerclops, Dragonfly.. but nothing on Bee Queen & Spider Queen.

I want the option of completely toggling off certain craftable items like the Tents, Seista-Lean-To & Bedroll. Or Mining Hat and Moggles making players rely entirely on hundreds of basic craft torches..

its my game.. let me customize it the way I WANT TO PLAY IT.

PC gamers can turn to MODS to do these things, Console players have to rely entirely upon the in-game options that Klei feels generous enough to provide us with.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4