• other
  2. 2. why do you rollback?

• because i die
    • because i did something wrong
    • because something really unfair happened
    • because of greifers
    • i dont know / i dont want to answer
    • other (comment)
    • because me and my teammates where about to pick characters, and then someone enters the world before we agreed on which characters to be
    • i dont rollback

DarkPulse91    264

When ever I play solo, I usually never reroll. Mostly because I forget its even an option half the time.

But when playing with a group, its usually with public players, so its very often that some players will mess up the base, which is when we vote to reroll to fix that

maradyne    4,469

Generally, the only time I'll try to reroll the world is if it's just...horribly generated. Game won't be much fun if even moving around between points of interest feels like a chore.

Well, and Starving Floor rerolls if the start of the game is an unsalvageable clown fiesta. I mean, I've gone through multiple waves as a lone mage on hard mode...but there are some situations you just don't come back from.

• Like 1

only to avoid deaths. not mistakes unless they were integral to my death. for example i wont rollback a bad fight even if i was wormwood cause i see that more cheating than maybe some lag dropping me mid-boss

• Like 2

Mooagain    1,535

I reroll when I die seconds after a resurrection, like when I res at a touch stone and freeze a few seconds later, or have a hound attack as soon as I res but before I have any items on me.

• Like 2

minespatch    60,587

Usually when I fail on Oxygen not included, I just make a new base and work from my notes. With Don't Starve, I consider it a chiller game so I take my time with my base and enjoy the life of the wilderness. So no rollbacks.

• Like 1

maradyne    4,469
1 hour ago, Ornge said:

31% voted they rollback because something unfair happened and then they complain the game is not unfair enough

I mean, there's a difference between challenging and painful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

blizstorm    150
40 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

Because of random idiots who don't bother to leave the base when giant or antlion attack is about to happen.

this can be prepared for. Antlion should be killed before he makes any attack.

Newbies should be advised of any upcoming boss. you also can stick with them to take the boss aggro after it spawns. In the worse case scenario, prepare a teleport staff

maradyne    4,469
3 minutes ago, blizstorm said:

prepare a teleport staff

Legit, used to do this all the time in DST's earlier days. Rush Teleport Staff before someone used up the few available gems, because it was guaranteed that at least one person (if not 3) would sit in base while Deerclopse roared no matter how many times you asked them to move or told them why. And then try to fight it long enough to get base destroyed, only to flee in terror after being hit once.

...honestly that hasn't changed much in the time passed, but there are a lot less people who actually play during Winter now, so it's been more manageable, haha.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    770

The only time Ive really felt a rollback was called for outside of griefing players, is the first time I was ever devoured in one hit while having full health by a Depth Worm.

this thing hit me out of the blue and swallowed me whole.

watermelen671    14,495
11 hours ago, Mrklli said:

Although once we had a Wortox troll with style. Some random player recognized them and told everyone they've griefed before. We kept a close eye on them but didn't want to kick a player who haven't done anything wrong on our server. After a while the troll disconnected and everything seemed fine, but it turned out they had moved every single item in chests into a wrong place without us noticing. Can't even be mad at them cuz it's exactly the thing Wortox would have found hilarious.

...the absolute madlad.

soyousay.png.05776c9f722aafebc2f89783d17baccd.png

• Haha 2

reverentsatyr    2,379

I feel I should be embarrassed at how often I rollback. On my megabase world, I'm hardly ever prepared for hounds because I'm working on something and my inventory's full. I rollback a lot for bosses, too. Sometimes I'm just horrible at fighting them. That or I'm just frickin' laggy.

• Like 3