don't starve together 32 bit dedicated server issue

it's running 16 gb ram and quad core the limiting factor is not the system i notice it hits 25% max cpu usage and no mater what i do it doesn't go beyond that and ram is limited too something less than 4gb i do have 30 mods installed though but that's my point i should be able too do that i am also running some memory spike fix mod i had too lower the tick rate of the server too lower the cpu usage hope that helped

Don't Starve Together is not a very multi-threaded program (according what the devs answered here on the forums long ago when the question was brought up). This could be the reason why your quad core CPU doesn't show above 25% (that is, one of the cores it being utilized to the max). Your system (operating and / or BIOS) might be not up to date or perhaps there is some system setting that is causing these crashes.

This is a a shot out of the blue, but you can try to set each DST server instance (process) to a dedicated core using the CPU affinity ("Set Affinity...") option in the Task Manager. This helps sometimes when old (and 32-bit applications) are trying to run on all cores, because this is what the system is trying to do to optimize performance but it doesn't always work nicely with said programs.

https://superuser.com/questions/181577/what-is-windows-priority-and-affinity-and-what-advatanges-does-it-provide

Can confirm that helps a ton on multi-core systems. Typically extends how many days the server can go stable and quickly loading/not crashing without a reset.
It won't solve everything, but it's a big advantage of running the server separately rather than from in-game.

On 09/11/2019 at 2:53 AM, Dezcoo said:

image.thumb.png.a81f854733b68be824e7bb39cc51e726.png

why is everything that can be useful in this window just cropped out

when showing screenshots of your task manager window, show the columns to the right since the name column isn't really gonna help on its own

there you go this has happened to me so many times i can't even count it's 2019 ffs there should be 64 bit SERVER at least!

i am running multiworlds but that's my point i should be able to run a huge map with all the mods and have 64 players on my server without it crashing and CPU limited to 25% USAGE on quad core system with 10 GB RAM

crash on out of memory.PNG

Archived