Pop Guy

Who originally wrote the Codex Umbra? Theory on Wabdul Walhazred, the occultist before Maxwell.

Lammarr    1,257

4 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Impossible, it doesn't have the "W" in the name. It seems pretty obvious though, come on.

She just wrote the book,names starting with W are only for playable characters. Charlie,Bernie and Abigail don't start their names with W. Also DLC characters aren't related to the game's main lore.

Edited by Lammarr

Mooagain    1,690

My head cannon was that one of the ancients escaped through the gateway to get to earth. That ancient had the codex, and ended up as part of the circus. (I know I would go see a magic bug person.) 

• Like 3

SouthTom    296
1 hour ago, Lammarr said:

He ain't a dlc character,buddy.

Technically, he is. He came from an update that you have to download.

So Wagstaff is free Down-Loadable Content. :wilson_sneaky:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Lammarr said:

He ain't a dlc character,buddy.

6 minutes ago, SouthTom said:

Technically, he is. He came from an update that you have to download.

So Wagstaff is free Down-Loadable Content. :wilson_sneaky:

Well he was a DLC character for a while. I mean that.

• Haha 2

Kuba5565    1,291

Who wrote the Codex Umbra? Someone from Earth or someone from Constant? If someone from Earth how he got knowledge to even create it and why did he wanted to create it? If some from the Constant how they created it is easier to explain becouse magic  exist there but how did they brought it to Earth and why? And if they brought it to Earth are they still there? Becouse why would they leave it on Earth? It wasn't something important to them or got stolen from them and they dissapered or got killed? That's all my questions about codex umbra.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zhuzha    1,230

I like to think that Codex Umbra wasn't written in a traditional sense but brought into existence by Them, and They purposefully left it in the normal world to lure fools with a thirst for knowledge and/or power into their clutches. And it appears to be written in whatever language its current user believes spooky ancient grimoires should be written in.

• Like 4

-Variant    4,987
12 hours ago, GrandTardigrade said:

Wagstaff: Am I a joke to you?

He was a free character update that while having no relation to Hamlet, was heavily advertised with Hamlet.
He's just a DS character, not DLC. :}

Sunset Skye    4,584
9 hours ago, GrandTardigrade said:

Well he was a DLC character for a while. I mean that.

He wasn't a DLC character, he was just a part of a beta which required the Hamlet DLC to be a part of. You could still play him in vanilla worlds with 0 DLC compatibility, which isn't possible with any DLC character (trying to choose Walani and then disabling SW compatibility for example will just turn you into Wilson.)

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 3

Pop Guy    3,517
1 hour ago, -Variant said:

He was a free character update that while having no relation to Hamlet, was heavily advertised with Hamlet.
He's just a DS character, not DLC. :}

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

He wasn't a DLC character, he was just a part of a beta which required the Hamlet DLC to be a part of. You could still play him in vanilla worlds with 0 DLC compatibility, which isn't possible with any DLC character (trying to choose Walani and then disabling SW compatibility for example will just turn you into Wilson.)

of course it is gratifying to write a topic and see a debate about an idiotic thing that has nothing to do with the topic. Now I understand why you always put the "confused" faces. :D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

AlphaWolf222    256

i have a feeling that the codex umbra is related to imps or Wortox

Wortox's quote for the codex umbra is "i don't think he knows how to use it" 

which means that Wortox knows about the codex umbra, or at-least have heard about it.

This could spark an interesting theory. Where did Wortox come from and how did he know about the Codex Umbra? Was he related to "them"? 

It’s also interesting to note that Wortox's quote for Ancient Fuelweaver is "Shall we dance, dearest demon?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kuba5565    1,291
55 minutes ago, AlphaWolf222 said:

which means that Wortox knows about the codex umbra, or at-least have heard about it.

This could spark an interesting theory. Where did Wortox come from and how did he know about the Codex Umbra? Was he related to "them"? 

It’s also interesting to note that Wortox's quote for Ancient Fuelweaver is "Shall we dance, dearest demon?"

Yeah, but it can also mean that it didn't end well for him becouse he probably didn't know what he was doing. As for Wortox, I think that maybe all the creatures and whole Consant was created by Them, They are probably like the gods and got enough power to do that.

• Like 1

cmaner    12
21 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I just love the name Wabdul Walhazred, it's hilarious 

Kinda ur icon makes me think that he looks like that

• Haha 1

Sunset Skye    4,584
8 hours ago, AlphaWolf222 said:

That's a lot to get from one quote. To me, "I don't think he knows how to use it" just sounds like Wortox making a joke about Maxwell being bad at magic. It doesn't necessarily mean he knows what it is, know what it's called, or that he's related to some big part of the plot... it could really just mean Wortox saw that Maxwell uses the codex umbra to summon shadow minions, and then made a joke about him not being good at it.

Edited by Sunset Skye