[Poll] On Mains

ANOTHER WITTY POLL TITLE  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you main??

2. 2. Why do you main your main?

• A guide told me to.
    • They look cooler than the rest of the characters.
    • They have lots of strengths which improve my gameplay experience.
    • They're fun to play with.
    • They're challenging to play with.
    • A friend told me to.
    • I tried them out one day and they stuck.
    • They've just come out and I decided to main them.
    • I like their personality.
    • I like functioning as the role that they provide.
    • Other (do list down in the comments!)

Hehe - At first I thought "Willow starts with W, she will be at the bottom of the list"................... I don't see her...................................................

oh :wilson_confused:

I love Willow the most.  She is the character that made me want to play this game.  I always love little girl characters.  I played League of Legends only because of Annie for the same reason.  For a while I played her less.  Her powers rework was bad for a long time making her less fun to play.  During this time I played other characters a lot.  When they did the recent update to Willow she took #1 spot for me again!  I love her fire immunity, and her bear is so cute and amazing!  She is definitely my favorite for all the reasons.  Sorry wes <3

Woodie for me! hes just perfect for me :)
Has the horror monster trope that drew me to wendy (Woodie with monster transformation)
Isn't too crazy
Nice quaint quotes
Turns into a goose now! :o I love ducks quack quack 
Beaver effigy is the cutest thing in the world and I can consume it
Moose effigy reminds me of Bullwinkle and I can eat him 

I'm a Wortox, Wilson, and Wormwood main, along with Wolfgang on private servers (I don't want to deal with his appetite on public servers when I don't know where my next meal is coming from). Most often Wortox or Wormwood on public servers depending on how much I'm willing to put up with unfenced pig villages in the base, and Wilson with my friends. They have my favourite combinations of personality and game mechanics. In particular I really appreciate being able to soul-hop out of a sticky situation or across an obstacle, and the Bramble Suit is just a very handy piece of equipment.

I also have quite a bit of time logged as Warly and Wheeler in singleplayer, but I rarely play Warly in DST because he's even worse than Wolfgang about food and Wheeler has to be modded in. Maxwell's probably my next most played.

If it weren't for the existence of Wes I wouldn't have known about this game.

I guess i've just stuck with him since the start years ago. I'd get homesick when I play as another character. Overall I think the effect of starting to play the game as the 'hardest' character rendered me to learn to be well at surviving and gain techniques  very early rather than juggle characters in hopes to see how i'd fair better. Don't get me wrong I can do fairly well as other characters but eh I'm just more attached to aesthetics than flipping bosses like omelettes which isn't what I do for fun in this game. In public servers I make my own base alone and come around to others just to give a lil show, a balloon and a gift.

1 hour ago, SDragonhead said:

If it weren't for the existence of Wes I wouldn't have known about this game.

I guess i've just stuck with him since the start years ago. I'd get homesick when I play as another character. Overall I think the effect of starting to play the game as the 'hardest' character rendered me to learn to be well at surviving and gain techniques  very early rather than juggle characters in hopes to see how i'd fair better. Don't get me wrong I can do fairly well as other characters but eh I'm just more attached to aesthetics than flipping bosses like omelettes which isn't what I do for fun in this game. In public servers I make my own base alone and come around to others just to give a lil show, a balloon and a gift.

I enjoy Wes only while flipping bosses like omelettes:

image.thumb.png.0c1bb3b19bdd395fcb00b1751c5cce6b.png

Hmm... looks like results remain rather consistent despite higher releases. I can recall making a similar poll during Wortox's release, and the main trends I've noticed are that:

- Maxwell, Woodie and Wig are the highest placers

- More people choose Wig over Wolfgang

Simply put I started playing DST and mained Wx very early on, but now I play Maxwell

Sometimes I play woodie/wolfgang because they're cool

I main Wormwood in singleplayer because

8Pmt50sNFa5gIAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

Edit: Currently the average of mains is 14 (13.5 rounded) 

So if your main is above average, it's popular if it's below average it's more obscure

23 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Hmm... looks like results remain rather consistent despite higher releases.

Even though We, the Klei forumites, are big fat nerds about the game and may not necessarily represent the average DST player, it's pretty cool to see the actual stats of how WE see the game.

Archived