[Poll] On Mains

ANOTHER WITTY POLL TITLE  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you main??

2. 2. Why do you main your main?

• A guide told me to.
    • They look cooler than the rest of the characters.
    • They have lots of strengths which improve my gameplay experience.
    • They're fun to play with.
    • They're challenging to play with.
    • A friend told me to.
    • I tried them out one day and they stuck.
    • They've just come out and I decided to main them.
    • I like their personality.
    • I like functioning as the role that they provide.
    • Other (do list down in the comments!)

I was only nine years old. I loved Maxwell so much, I had all the skins and strats. I'd pray to Maxwell every night before I go to bed, thanking for the life I've been given. "Maxwell is love", I would say, "Maxwell is life". My dad hears me and calls me a griefer. I knew he was just jealous for my devotion of Maxwell. I called him a Wendy main. He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel something touch me. It's Maxwell. I'm so happy. He whispers in my ear, "Freedom, at last!". He grabs me with his powerful shadow hands, and puts me on my hands and knees. I open my mouth for Maxwell. He begins puking nightmare fuel into my mouth. I can feel my sanity meter getting low. I swallow the endless stream of nightmare fuel. I want to please Maxwell. He roars a harmonium, as he fills my mouth with his fuel. My dad walks in. Maxwell looks him straight in the eye, and says, "Freedom suits me". Maxwell leaves through my window.

Maxwell is love. Maxwell is life.

4 hours ago, BreadScientist said:

This makes me seem like a lunatic

I mean...in a way I kind of get all that. I was similar with robots and mechanical suits and stuff.
If WX's rework is good, that's probably who I'll go to next; I really like his personality and general concept, just waiting for his gameplay to get interesting.

Well, I chose Wendy of course! I admit I was initially drawn to her & Willow because their personalities are great and I like their aesthetic. Wendy is sad crazy and Willow is bad crazy. x3 Thinking on it, Don't Starve has one of the best rosters of female characters I've ever seen. There is so much diversity and personality among them. You rarely see older women characters, for instance, & Wicker's game play is one of the best in game.

I ended up sticking with Wendy because I like her game play. I find I can do most anything on her solo or with other players with relative ease... but she doesn't make things too easy; sort of jack of all trades. However, I also play a lot of other characters depending on what's needed or just my mood. Wormwood, Wurt, Webber, & Wigfred are probably my next in line picks lately. 

1 hour ago, Lammarr said:

I was only nine years old. I loved Maxwell so much, I had all the skins and strats. I'd pray to Maxwell every night before I go to bed, thanking for the life I've been given. "Maxwell is love", I would say, "Maxwell is life". My dad hears me and calls me a griefer. I knew he was just jealous for my devotion of Maxwell. I called him a Wendy main. He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel something touch me. It's Maxwell. I'm so happy. He whispers in my ear, "Freedom, at last!". He grabs me with his powerful shadow hands, and puts me on my hands and knees. I open my mouth for Maxwell. He begins puking nightmare fuel into my mouth. I can feel my sanity meter getting low. I swallow the endless stream of nightmare fuel. I want to please Maxwell. He roars a harmonium, as he fills my mouth with his fuel. My dad walks in. Maxwell looks him straight in the eye, and says, "Freedom suits me". Maxwell leaves through my window.

Seeing "Maxwell is love, Maxwell is life" I already knew exactly what the whole post was and I was just as fearful reading through it.

I main Woodie because I can’t stop XD  for the most part, when I play anyone else all I can think of is how I wish I’d picked Woodie. That feeling is amplified when I’m chopping trees  

Warly is one other character I do enjoy playing though. His personality, and essentially “alchemist” archtype of being able to massively support the team through his unique craftables make him fun to play. Plus I love his Trawler skin, and like cooking IRL, so his meals and comments on food are pretty enjoyable. 

Most of the characters I find are fun and have their place in the constant. DST attract people for a good set of different reason: the farming, the cooking, the fighting, the exploring and more. Choosing your character is a way to get a bit more of what you really like in the game and a bit less of what you find annoying. You don't like to slowly explore all corners of the map? Cool, get Wortox. You like the cooking experience? Warly comes and makes it even spicier. Ressources gathering is boring? Grab Maxwell and destroy the constant. DST is Ez and you are MLG godlike gaammmer? Mime boi entered the chat.  Literally all characters are made so the experience is personally enriched

Up there I chose Wendy because she's "cooler than the rest". Like, I don't think she's the best. Any dmg reduction in DST is more a pain than people think. The world of the constant just fits her very well I think and I really like to have Abi around taking care of the pest mobs like bats and spiders while I am doing ma things. 

#ShesmyBae #notpedo  

On 2. 11. 2019 at 8:22 PM, Lammarr said:

why can I relate to this irl?

Webber fo' sho. I find him to be the total package: his perks provide a defined role, and his downside is significant, but not insurmountable. He plays well on his own while still synergizing well with several different characters. He's not OP, he's not UP, but he is interesting. I dislike playing characters considered OP, but I also don't want to be detriment to the team. Bonus points for being a spoopy monster, and for being a minion-master type character which is what I usually try to play in most video games.

I've been trying to make the switch to Wormwood recently, but I find him just a tad lacking. His Green Thumb tab is underwhelming, and his seed planting is amazing, but doesn't truly shine unless a Wickerbottom is present. I feel like he needs a tiny bit of love to bring him up to my boy Webber's level.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:07 AM, Starlogy said:

Actually I'm the total opposite. I was formerly a Wicker main that felt Wigfrid would make our worlds somewhat more difficult. As well, her downside captivates me a lot; a lot of the best healing foods are veggies, so Wigfrid's gotta think about things differently for healing. Helms are very nice as well as they are made from resources that don't see much use elsewhere.

Actually, being able to eat meat leaves her with one of the best healing foods in the game: pierogis. They heal just as much as dragonfruit pies AND they spoil a lot slower than pretty much any other recipe in the game aside from bacon and eggs. 

On 11/1/2019 at 11:33 PM, Plushical said:

capture191132.PNG.d64ff2ced569bf71996b1c9e1e2b3101.PNG

capture191133.PNG.b5c1f2922c0a2e4a17c5b8539f733c55.PNG

Hold up just a second. 0 people voted for "A guide told me to" at the time of this response. Explain yourself, good sir!

Since day 1 of owning this game I'm a die hard Woodie main. chopping trees feels like a chore with anyone else and I grew so accustomed to messing around with beaver that picking him is second nature! There's just something about him that catches my eye compared to the rest.

I also play a fair amount of Warly as he stuck out to me in a similar fashion to Woodie when I saw him for the first time, and I thoroughly enjoy playing as him! On the whole though, DST has a fun roster and I could easily see myself falling in love with playing as most if not everyone in the game.

Archived