Wurt is a potential paradox

Wurt is circular in creation. What I mean by that is wurt is supposed to be an adolescent merm guard. But the problem with that is, merm guards don't exist without a king to protect. But Merm Kings don't exist without a wurt to conceptualize them by being told of (or reading of) kings and stuff in books that lead to her building a tapestry.

unknown.png

im so sorry skye

1 hour ago, Charesque said:

So basically what you're saying is merms with horns don't exist and Wurt should have been a goat.

There was that one quote by Wortox about the 'nextcharacter' being a goat. Kinda seems like she was changed mid-development from a goat or partial goat turning merm to what she is now.

I like current Wurt of course, but I can't help but wonder about that.

8 minutes ago, maradyne said:

There was that one quote by Wortox about the 'nextcharacter' being a goat.

That is the main reason why i thought Wurt was going to be a goat - and then turns out horned merms (which are not mermified goats for some reason) exist.

Why are there even merms with horns? It's not like they're associated in any way with goat people from Gorge.

3 hours ago, maradyne said:

There was that one quote by Wortox about the 'nextcharacter' being a goat. Kinda seems like she was changed mid-development from a goat or partial goat turning merm to what she is now.

I like current Wurt of course, but I can't help but wonder about that.

New theory: Klei changes characters/updates every time the community starts getting close to the truth so that we're never right 

Edit: alternatively klei could also be releasing info to throw us off like with the essential wurt reveal

The chicken paradox can be solved by inventing a "proto-chicken" that happened due to undisclosed external circumstances. If we apply that approach to this situation, then Wurt is the original merm guard, all other merm guards are created by her with the help of the merm king.

Implying

:wilson_incredulous: ew

43 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

The chicken paradox can be solved by inventing a "proto-chicken" that happened due to undisclosed external circumstances. If we apply that approach to this situation, then Wurt is the original merm guard, all other merm guards are created by her with the help of the merm king.

Implying

:wilson_incredulous: ew

is wurt god

Interestingly enough.. all of Klei’s frog-like creatures in their games have horns on their heads, the toad, Merms, even the things in their other games have them.

Perhaps it’s a silly attempt to avoid potential lawsuits from Kermit the frog? -shrugs- who knows..

Wurt has made so far for the Merm empire a lot more than the king itself:

• She sets the scene for a king to be elected
  • She builds houses with her own claws for the merms peasants and also for the elite refined merm guards. She probably even trains them herself.
  • She commands the armies into battle, conquering new territories and defeating everything in their way, further expanding her turf and increasing their numbers

The king is a mere puppet to boost the merm's morale, so they fight better for her. Heck, if she doesn't like him enough, she let shim starve to death. Wurt is the true empress behind the new merm order that will take over the constant. We've released a force of nature here, if she ever grows up, we're basically raising a green scaly Gengis Khan.

What have you done people?! its all your fault! Can't you see that behind that cute little face, lies a terrible curse upon these lands! I.. I..fine.. I'll go home now...

Empress_Wurt.thumb.jpg.799dae2e15eb7e8b2b4773657d1f7ff1.jpg

Archived