[Game Update] - 377062

• Developer

I'm going to have to investigate this - I'm very surprised that today's update broke it, as I can't see what changed the behavior in that regards - if anything broke it I'd have expected the previous build to be the culprit, so it's fairly puzzling to me.

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

I'm going to have to investigate this - I'm very surprised that today's update broke it, as I can't see what changed the behavior in that regards - if anything broke it I'd have expected the previous build to be the culprit, so it's fairly puzzling to me.

Appreciated!!! I'm curious to know if it has anything to do with the Steam Client update that came out today around the same time.

9 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Hallowed Nights Trinkets: Worlds with 15 or fewer Hallowed Nights Trinkets will get retrofitted with a new set of trinkets. This is to support worlds that took part in Hallowed Nights in 2018. As a side effect, all worlds will get the retrofitting if it meets the above criteria.

Does this mean whenever the server starts with fewer than 15 trinkets new ones are generated?

9 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • The one man band now recruits merms as well

Nice! This was the addition I was looking for. The only thing left to optimize Wurt now would be to add a trinket-gold trade to the Merm King, preferably at a much lower rate, to at least give Wurt a way to use the trinkets to get gold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Wurt no longer has her stats restored when creating a king or going in/out of the caves

Yes, now Wurt's stats are automatically lowered (nearly halved) when Wurt goes somewhere without a King/when the King dies.

Feeding the King to keep it alive is painful enough as it is, and as it current is, gives no actual benefit to Wurt. Her max health increases? That means nothing when you consider the fact Wurt has to heal up to that new max HP to actually utilize it, and that buff is gone in 4 days unless you babysit the King. If I want full HP when the King exists, I have to heal myself an extra 100 HP, and it's instantly taken from me the moment the King dies or I go between the Caves/Surface... Hard work squandered.

Oh but the King buffs Merms/Merm Guards? They aren't very good at combat to begin with...

Idea time:

If you ask me, it should act like Wolfgang's mighty form (considering it actually has a Hunger-Stun type animation, just don't use any of the model scaling shenanigans). If the king exists: Play the animation, add 100 to MAX Health, and add 100 to CURRENT Health. King no longer exists? Remove the 100 HP, but make it impossible for Wurt to die from the transition. If you wanted to be extra fancy about it, make a new variable to handle this buff, consider it a second health bar, one that takes damage BEFORE Wurt's actual HP. Wurt has 100 brand new temporary health? Once that ticks down to 0 HP, swap it out for her actual HP before the animation. Wurt goes to a shard without a king? Disable the variable for temporary health. King exists in this shard? Set the variable back to 100, and enable it again.

Conclusion:

Let's be honest, there is no perfect solution for this issue without scrapping/entirely reworking Wurt's concept, but at least with my idea the system isn't perfect, but it would actually be beneficial to players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KCDA said:

Feeding the King to keep it alive is painful enough as it is, and as it current is, gives no actual benefit to Wurt. Her max health increases?

Oh but the King buffs Merms/Merm Guards? They aren't very good at combat to begin with...

It's actually a 50 buff to all stats. 

Plus, what Merm Guards are you getting? Those things are ridiculously strong. 

• Developer
5 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

@bizziboi Were you able to find out what is causing the problem? I can't play the game anymore because of this and there's no way to switch to older version or beta branch.

As far as I know today's release should fix it, I am able to run it on 10.10.5

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, YouKnowWho said:

It's actually a 50 buff to all stats. 

Plus, what Merm Guards are you getting? Those things are ridiculously strong. 

It's actually only +50 for Sanity and Hunger. It's +100 for Health. 150 -> 250.

Merms in general. It's less about their stats, and more about how they fight. They kite way too far and for too long (for most fights).