[Game Update] - 377062

• Developer
  • Hallowed Nights Trinkets: Worlds with 15 or fewer Hallowed Nights Trinkets will get retrofitted with a new set of trinkets. This is to support worlds that took part in Hallowed Nights in 2018. As a side effect, all worlds will get the retrofitting if it meets the above criteria.
  • The OSX build is now notarized.
  • Spider Dens will now grow properly again.
  • Wurt’s voice is better mixed. Her Pose, Hurt, Talk sounds are at a similar level.
  • Fixed a rare crash while using an Anchor.
  • Fixed a save/load bug with boat leaks (were controllers would be able to inspect previously repaired leaks)
  • The following items no longer sink in the ocean: Ancient Key, Beach Toy, Candy Bag, Deer Antler, Fireflies, Golden Belt, Stag Antler, Torch, Wood Fence, and Wood Gate.
  • Adjusted the Merm and Loyal Merm Guard attack frame to match their animation
  • Fixed a crash with the Merm Guards if the King dies.
  • Fixed a crash on load with the Merm King.
  • Removed watersplash on anchor when placed on land.
  • Potential merm kings will still show their hat now.
  • Wurt no longer dislikes Catcoons.
  • Merms no longer accept cooked fish
  • Wurt no longer has her stats restored when creating a king or going in/out of the caves
  • Using the deconstruction staff on the Royal Tapestry no longer crashes the game on load
  • The one man band now recruits merms as well
  • Steeped Lunar Essence will no longer cause some creatures to get stuck.
  • Saplings transformed by the Steeped Lunar Essence will no longer revert to regular Saplings when the world is re-loaded.

View full update

• Like 36
  • Thanks 13
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Boating music works on the client now.

On the client? From what I can tell, there isn't any boating music at all. Nothing plays while rowing around, and the only mention of sailing music I can find references "turnoftides_music.fsb", which doesn't actually exist.

• Thanks 1

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

On the client? From what I can tell, there isn't any boating music at all. Nothing plays while rowing around, and the only mention of sailing music I can find references "turnoftides_music.fsb", which doesn't actually exist.

Thanks. It's been removed from the notes and will be in the next update!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Hallowed Nights Trinkets: Worlds with 15 or fewer Hallowed Nights Trinkets will get retrofitted with a new set of trinkets. This is to support worlds that took part in Hallowed Nights in 2018. As a side effect, all worlds will get the retrofitting if it meets the above criteria.

Does this mean that Trinkets won't spawn in the ocean anymore? Didn't get a chance to report it, but it seems to still be a thing.

Spoiler

20191030183008_1.thumb.jpg.c1af32b473850ba592b4d7abe60ce3c6.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Wurt no longer has her stats restored when creating a king or going in/out of the caves

But now all the stats I restore to a level over the King-less max go down when I go to the caves and back... With how often I use the caves I don't think it'd be possible for me to stay above 150 health at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Hallowed Nights Trinkets: Worlds with 15 or fewer Hallowed Nights Trinkets will get retrofitted with a new set of trinkets. This is to support worlds that took part in Hallowed Nights in 2018. As a side effect, all worlds will get the retrofitting if it meets the above criteria.

We need this on PS4 because I didn't get anything this year

• Like 1

There's a crash with Wurt.
In scripts/prefabs/wurt.lua, line 37 says <currenthealth> instead of <current_health>

I copied down part of the function. The bug is in the second to last line.

local function UpdateStats(inst, maxhealth, maxhunger, maxsanity)
    local current_health = inst.components.health.currenthealth
    local current_hunger = inst.components.hunger.current
    local current_sanity = inst.components.sanity.current

inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(maxhealth)
    inst.components.hunger:SetMax(maxhunger)
    inst.components.sanity:SetMax(maxsanity)

if current_health > inst.components.health.maxhealth then
        currenthealth = inst.components.health.maxhealth
    end

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

But now all the stats I restore to a level over the King-less max go down when I go to the caves and back... With how often I use the caves I don't think it'd be possible for me to stay above 150 health at all.

Wurt got indirectly harder I guess, we need to keep alive 2 Merm Kings now...

I think this is not the correct behavior anyway, it should give you the same % of health/sanity/hunger you have on the other shard, not the same value.

Edited by ShadowDuelist
  • Like 1

Just now, bizziboi said:

Hmmm, that was not the intention. Does it not launch at all, or what are they symptoms?

Won't open at all, I know Steam was supposedly changing their compatibility with older OS, so could be that my OS isn't compatible through Steam. 

if there's any other info you'd like to see, let me know, for now I'll try a full re-install. this seemed like the only thing out of place in the system report.

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Library/libcrypto.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/dontstarve_steam.app/Contents/MacOS/dontstarve_steam
  Reason: Incompatible library version: dontstarve_steam requires version 1.1.0 or later, but libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib provides version 0.9.8

5dba2bb355b3d_ScreenShot2019-10-30at5_32_10PM.png.593a2f3ff9c8b322fd92c3ab633d4a88.png

1 minute ago, bizziboi said:

@sokoteur

Was it today's update that broke it for you? Were you able to play with the update from last week?

Seems like it, I was able to log in yesterday (didn't start a game as I didn't have time, but was able to open the game and weave some items and receive the new firepit).