Wurt vs. Wilba

On 10/28/2019 at 2:11 PM, maciu67 said:

Yes but she can have "Woodie's old transformation system" and if we have two characters who can befriend monsters we can also have two wereform characters.

No. Webber and Wurt have different playstyles. Your Wilba will never make it into DST it makes no sense lore wise etc. Give it up

1 hour ago, Casul said:

Your Wilba will never make it into DST it makes no sense lore wise etc.

The "Royal Adventurer" decides to go on an adventure and winds up in the Constant!

Unless you have some other compelling "lore reason" why she can't because I'd love to hear it.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

The "Royal Adventurer" decides to go on an adventure and winds up in the Constant!

Unless you have some other compelling "lore reason" why she can't because I'd love to hear it.

Ah yes random ******* pig falls down mountain and meets survivors 

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

A pig coming from Hamlet where pigs function completely differently and have aspects that would make no sense in a game outside Hamlet

What's she gonna do. Make hamlet pigs and shops. Make royal stuff? Bloody be a woodie clone? Give it up your precious Wilba barely fits in Hamlet let alone DST

3 hours ago, Casul said:

A pig coming from Hamlet where pigs function completely differently and have aspects that would make no sense in a game outside Hamlet

What's she gonna do. Make hamlet pigs and shops. Make royal stuff? Bloody be a woodie clone? Give it up your precious Wilba barely fits in Hamlet let alone DST

Well uh... the Moon Baby did just that.

He fell down the mountain or whatever and ended up in the forest part of the Constant, don't see why Wilba can't.

Also yes, exactly that, you have the legit option to do that in DS. You can, at almost any point just up and pop into RoG and make your own town with the key.

14 hours ago, Casul said:

Why would she have to fall down? Wouldn't it be more appropriate that, as the Royal Adventurer, she willingly decided to venture down to seek out new horizons for herself? 

14 hours ago, Casul said:

Having a "minion" character that depends on befriended mobs not for fighting but for aristocracy actually sounds pretty exciting. Wilba could very well be given the potential to construct entire civilisations that grant her teammates extra perks, items and support via a trading system similar to the Pig King, but gives a variety of unique rewards as opposed to just gold. 

On 10/28/2019 at 3:35 PM, minespatch said:

like Ariel

hahahahaha i geddit

But yea Wilba coming alongside some Hamlet content would be pretty neat. Heck, I love the nature features and worldgen in that dlc, bring some over. Maybe even rework the Ruins with actual traps, mazes, and orderly structuring.

As for Wilba herself, she could bring some ramshackle high society to the pig kingdom. I like the idea of 'minions' being used for stuff beyond what we already have, ie fighting and gathering.

I find the "Better Woodie" arguments kind of misleaded, sure Wilba is a gatherer but with a hell of higher cost in long term than Woodie, which has advantages Wilba don't and other way around. More than one Woodie main isnt going to swap to Wilba just because she chops trees as fast than him.

It's all about character preference for many people not "who's more OP".

(

2 hours ago, MonsieurConnard said:

I find the "Better Woodie" arguments kind of misleaded, sure Wilba is a gatherer but with a hell of higher cost in long term than Woodie, which has advantages Wilba don't and other way around. More than one Woodie main isnt going to swap to Wilba just because she chops trees as fast than him.

It's all about character preference for many people not "who's more OP".

(

The only thing that Woodie has that Wilba don't is walking on water and spider farming with AOE damage.

They're almost the same,Wilba is just cheaper requiring two monster meat to transform without taking any damage or crafting,you need to wait more to untransform and you can eat monster meat to make the transformation last longer.

Also there's the fact that Werewilba can craft and use her inventory,unlike Woodie's Wereforms.

Her wereform is way better than Woodie's and way cheaper.

Woodie's main gimmick are his transformations and Maxwell is way better in resource gathering than him.

Now tell me how Werewilba is not better than Woodie's Wereforms in everyway.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:13 PM, Casul said:

You can play as Wilba in non-hamlet world????

Wheeler - needs more team perks like she can craft different types of guns (fire, electric, water) but other than that, I think she'll be an easy fit without being too similar to another character the closest being maybe Wortox? (Pew-matic horn - shoot beardlings for easy nightmare fuel)

Wagstaff - might be too much lore, but could totally work; Exchange the thumper for something else since there will be too many tree-choppers and he's a inventor Klei could refresh him into almost anything (base at desert for trinkets then use teleport to PK for tons of gold)

Warbucks - Gold/Gems gives sanity gain of +40 to him and +20 to everyone who's near Warbucks, knows petrology (magnifying glass and ball-pan hammers for extra rock materials), hunting hobbyist - craft the blunder buss + sanity gain from killing (sanity killing can be a downside like Wigfrid) not affected by sink holes

Wilba is the least likely Hamlet character imo; Basically Woodie without Lucy who can control his curse, there's rarely any evil pigs in the world and crafting pig torches would be kind of dull (Besides we already have Woodie, Maxwell, Warly (somewhat) & Wurt as tree-choppers)

Archived