Wurt vs. Wilba

I don't know about you guys, but I think Wilba should be added to Don't Starve Together because it has a Merm character now (Wurt)

There would be a good rivalry and memes, two enemies in the same game would be wonderful

Imagine the possibilities, please Kleiiii, make it happen!!!

25 minutes ago, mr_kiwo said:

I don't know about you guys, but I think Wilba should be added to Don't Starve Together because it has a Merm character now (Wurt)

There would be a good rivalry and memes, two enemies in the same game would be wonderful

Yes Yes Yes, somebody has the same opinion as me.

The problem with Wilba in DST is that she'd fill the same role as Woodie to a T (except better) unless heavily reworked.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% down for Wilba as long as there isn't another character v character debate, that's the thing we're trying to stray away from with reworks.

56 minutes ago, mr_kiwo said:

The possibilities would begin and end with one character clicking on the other character and perhaps getting something less nice than a hi.

Unless you expect that they'd remove control from both players when both are on screen, and the ai force attacks until only one survives.

Seems like a waste of a new character slot to be honest.

13 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Seems like a waste of a new character slot to be honest.

This.

I'm really hoping to see something brand new like Wurt was, instead of just another ported character. I think we got already the best team oriented characters both Shipwrecked and Hamlet had to offer.

31 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

This.

I'm really hoping to see something brand new like Wurt was, instead of just another ported character. I think we got already the best team oriented characters both Shipwrecked and Hamlet had to offer.

While I'd be alright with Wilba, as long as she doesn't auto-aggro my fishy baby as Genome said ---- I'd prefer Wheeler. She's quite different from anything we currently have. Her brand of range & kiting could make DST combat a bit more interesting. 

1 hour ago, Canis said:

The problem with Wilba in DST is that she'd fill the same role as Woodie

Yes but she can have "Woodie's old transformation system" and if we have two characters who can befriend monsters we can also have two wereform characters.

Just now, maciu67 said:

Yes but she can have "Woodie's old transformation system" and if we have two characters who can befriend monsters we can also have two wereform characters.

Woodie has wereforms that can
-Go fast
-hit hard
-Gather resources

Wilba's wereform can
-Go fast
-hit hard
-Gather resources

If Wilba were to join the DST roster, she'd need a rework of her own.

1 hour ago, trinket_4 said:

If you think lore-wise, why would Wilba, a princess of hamlet, would leave the pig kingdom to meet the other survivors and a merm kid?

I think she should stay in hamlet

Don't forget she's "The Royal Adventurer". She's a bit of a rebel. 

16 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Technically speaking yes, we can, but the real question is, should we? The other characters don't really overlap themselves:

EG: Webber and Wortox are both monsters, but their roles and gameplays are extremely different. Wurt and Webber, despite the fact they both befriend otherwise hostile mobs, are also 100% different, since the mobs they befriend are also completely different. 
Even the good Ol' Wolfgang Vs Wigfrid topic, despite the fact they both specialize in fighting, they are mechanically completely different to play as, and the things you can do as one or the other, are different too.

Wilba, as @Canis said, would need a complete revamp from the ground up, since she'd be just a better Woodie. And to completely change a character that is not in the game already, why not get just a brand new character?

IMHO If the thing is shapeshifting, we could get a Doppleganger (a character that can learn to become into other mobs of the constant) or something more interesting like that, than just a "better Werebeaver"

Slightly off-topic, But I like to imagine Wilba went to the Forge for combat training or something, She'd absolutely LOVE battling enemies. Doing whatever she wants and fighting everything!

I also like to imagine Pugna is her uncle

not really... Wilba doesn't offer that much to DST in her current state besides being against Wurt and she is kinda similar to the beaver gameplay-wise

I hope the devs introduce new characters rather than recycling others from single player... BUT if we talk about something that thematically might make sense I would love to have Woodlegs instead... cuz boats and things.... a well reworked version of him ofc.

8 hours ago, FeagleSnorf said:

Isn’t there a mod for Wilba?

If I’m wrong sorry I don’t play on pc. Yet...

Yeh, @Hornete's mod "Hamlet Characters"

im totally not plugging it for him so he'll make Walani's DST /carol sooner.

Like I already made a /carol for SCP-049 like you asked, hold up your end of the bargain you lazy bum

Why would she explore outside the Hamlet? Why she wants to explore new lands, claim them for the pigs, and refine the cursed ones.

New mechanics: she can craft unique things to turn pig houses into more refined pig houses. As well as cute normal pigs and turn them into refine pigs. These pigs will now open up Hamlet style shops for all players to use. 

On a different note: I find the argument that there are already characters that do X role fairly weak. We can have multiple characters fill a 'role' as long as they provide different gameplay through their weaknesses. We have two strong/battle characters but they are different due to their weaknesses and effects. 

Wheeler is a scout but is different due to her smaller inventory, speed based inventory, and unique Dodge.

Wagstaff can exist along side Winnoa since despite both being inventors, they create different things that have different uses. They also have different weaknesses and thus slightly different play styles. The DST version of Wagstaff could even be modified to work together with Winnoa in that he could make generators as well. And that his machines (teleporter and thumper) requires power. 

Walani could be a sea-scout. Using a personal surf board to explore the sea before any one really makes a boat. 

The art of these characters are already done. They can be ported as a side-update to more grand updates or more unique characters. 

Archived