Asian Characters In DST ?

3 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

What reinforced this piece of lore was Wendy's examination quote of Maxwell in Don't Starve, which was "I feel a strange kinship with him.", so there's that to consider.

kinship doesn't necessarily have to be relationship, but it does make the interpretation that they're related more likely

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Warly speaks some french, but due to some of his quotes and his rework video I thought he was of French Creole descent, probably from louisiana.

From Warly wiki's page, in the Lore section:

[...] Additionally, he could have roots in Louisiana due to his quote for Seafood Gumbo: "Incredible! Just like Nana used to make!"

I know it's also possible that DST designers/text-writers just threw a bunch of stuff together at semi-random, I just think it's fun to think of character's lore even if for headcannon purposes.

On 28.10.2019 at 5:00 AM, Kavu said:

I'm Asian and It would be cool to see an Asian character in the Don't Starve Together team.

That's not gonna work.

You see: characters in DS are never heavily based on real-life cultures. They are always abstract.

There was one - Warbucks - british explorer - but he was deleted because he was somehow insulting to someone.

Lets say klei adds jew chararcter. Lets say he is a dark mage and has some rather black dialogue. I am 100% that some jew will be insulted and will report klei for insulting jews.

Same applies to basing characters on any other cultures.

5 hours ago, Desblat said:

Lets say klei adds jew chararcter. Lets say he is a dark mage and has some rather black dialogue. I am 100% that some jew will be insulted and will report klei for insulting jews.

JewISH. Makes all the difference. 

Let's just disregard the dark magic stuff too...

No harm no foul. Let's keep it moving friends. 

20 minutes ago, Girl Bart said:

Always wanted an asian char in DS! (As an asian myself) 

so I designed my own! Meet Willis the Calligrapher / Tailor (haven’t settled on his profession yet)

17A7DFB1-810D-488C-9D0E-2692992A37BE.jpeg

That looks really good. I like the idea of a tailor. He’d probably be able to repair clothing far more efficiently, and could probably make something special with silk and beefalo fur, though I’m not sure exactly what. Maybe improved vests and hats (for winter and summer) that last twice as long?

4 hours ago, SouthTom said:

I guess Canada doesn’t count then.  :’(

Maybe Canada is like Asgard. It’s a people, not a place :p

“This could be Canada, eh?” says Woodie, overlooking the rolling hills of the Constant. 

Archived