Asian Characters In DST ?

My friends constantly confuse Walani with being Asian, but I'm pretty sure she's Hawaiian.

38 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I recall people theorizing that Willow is of Japanese descent due to some of her quotes and a lighter brand or someth'n.

I think @JamesBucket covered the topic of Willow being Japanese in a video, iirc. I'll try to find it real quick, gimme a sec.

Edit: Here it is. 

4 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I recall people theorizing that Willow is of Japanese descent due to some of her quotes and a lighter brand or someth'n.

I’ve always gone under the assumption that she might be Wilson’s niece. Not entirely sure why, but that’s what made sense to me. Probably the hair and clothes, even if most of the characters have a similar color scheme. I haven’t heard of the Japanese descent theory before. That’s interesting. 

It would be cool to get some cannon on characters' countries/cultures of origins... There is some theorizing that:

Wolfgang might be Russian/German.

Walry might be New Caledonian (in the South Pacific.)

Wes might be French.

and as other people said here, Walani might be Hawaiian, maybe South Polynesian.

1 hour ago, sinisterrkid said:

and as other people said here, Walani might be Hawaiian, maybe South Polynesian.

Well, Walani also might be chinese descent.

DECO_WALLORNAMENT_FULLLENGTH_MIRROR = "Good for the feng shui.",

FIRECRACKERS = "Oh, I remember these!",

12 hours ago, Kavu said:

I'm Asian and It would be cool to see an Asian character in the Don't Starve Together team.

I'm a Turkish and would to be happy to see a Turk in the game. He should be ottoman styled character. He can be a merchant. And surely love kebab!

Wosman the Kebabist

*Masallah, I'm so perfect*

tatyos-efendi-1_m.jpg

Ambiguity has it's beauty and only hints, not clear statements, fair well it this context - because it plays on each and everyone's personal preferences and imagination: characters can be whatever you want them to be, and only a minor background is suggested (via character's mechanics and aesthetics). In this train of thoughts, indeed Charlie and Willow are implied to be of Asian culture and lineage by their respective quotes, promo images and in case of Willow, her lighter (its specific model namely: 1920s-to-1930s "Willow" brand Japanese lighters). As for Walani, like previous posters underlined, she seems either Hawaiian or Polynesian while Wheeler I presume, given her skin tone and explorer background, is of Spanish descent.

14 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

It would be cool to get some cannon on characters' countries/cultures of origins... There is some theorizing that:

Wolfgang might be Russian/German.

Walry might be New Caledonian (in the South Pacific.)

Wes might be French.

Actually Wolfgang says if he inspects frog legs that it is a delicatecy in his country. as far as i know french people love frog legs. never heard germans like it or is even a delicatecy. warly is also french.

• Developer
On 28/10/2019 at 4:58 AM, Jessie223 said:

iirc maxwell being wendy's uncle isn't a definite piece of lore, there are loads of twins outside of the constant

the twins mentioned being wendy & abigail is just one possibility

What reinforced this piece of lore was Wendy's examination quote of Maxwell in Don't Starve, which was "I feel a strange kinship with him.", so there's that to consider.

Archived