Wurt last new character for DST?

KLEI promised 4 new characters for Don't Starve Together. 

1. Wortox - brand new character 

2. Wormwood - new character for DST, but from Hamlet

3. Warly - new character for DST, but from Shipwrecked

4. Wurt - brand new character 

Question: this all 4 new charactres for DST or Wormwood and Warly not included in 4 new characters???

Wurt last new character or not???

5 minutes ago, TheAscension said:

Hmm, Warly not new character, but Wormwood brand new character. Strange...

Strange as it seems @Kuba5565 is correct.

I think the main difference that sets them apart is that one is paid and the other was given free. So we are still getting another paid dlc character sometime in the future.

Also in the new animations of "return of them" Warly started to appear, which means that cannonically he is now one more survivor, line Winona.

Wurt, Wortox and Wormwood are more like funny support characters they found around the constant lately, and not the main protagonists of the story. If it was a tv series I'd say that each DLC character gets an episode or two helping the survivors, and even though they are allies, they are not part of the main group. Also so far all DLC characters were born in the constant, while the survivors were all from earth at some point. Not sure if this is going to be a rule or not.

Seeing that all DLC characters are non-human and Klei most likely won't have time to make another brand new character till the end of the year, my guess is that Wilbur will be 4th one. (I doubt they will port him as he is, let's just hope he won't be nerfed too badly).

19 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Wurt, Wortox and Wormwood are more like funny support characters they found around the constant lately, and not the main protagonists of the story. If it was a tv series I'd say that each DLC character gets an episode or two helping the survivors, and even though they are allies, they are not part of the main group. Also so far all DLC characters were born in the constant, while the survivors were all from earth at some point. Not sure if this is going to be a rule or not.

Wurt and Wortox it's hard to say. But I'll be damned if Wormwood doesn't play a lead role in RoT. After all, He's a child of the moon, which is one of the major plot points for the updates.

28 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

There's also the theory that Wormwood was meant to be DST-exclusive, but ended up being added to Hamlet before his original planned debut to replace a certain other character that shall go unnamed.

No, Wormwood did not replace anyone.

That was Wheeler who replaced someone. Slide move? Compass for exploring? Unique gun? hmm.

Wormwood had plenty of beta files, including being voiced by a short sharp flute of some kind, and this latest?cb=20190124232915

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/8/8f/Wormwood_Voice_Removed.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20190125015212

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/4/41/Wormwood_Idle_Animation.gif/revision/latest?cb=20190124232915

1 minute ago, Ogrecakes said:

That was Wheeler who replaced someone.

wheeler didn't replace warbucks

Slide move?

warbucks never had a slide move

if you're going to bring up that animation: he just used his feet for friction so he can turn a direction, he wasn't using it to dodge

Compass for exploring?

warbucks never had a unique compass or any perk related to a compass

Unique gun?

warbucks never had a unique gun or any perk related to a unique gun

consider this theory: debunked

1 minute ago, Jessie223 said:

I mean, she most likely did. While she may play completely different from Warbucks, she is still an explorer archetype, albeit a different one.
It's extremely unlikely that she would have been added if Warbucks was still around, simply because two explorers would be repetitive.

41 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

i just hope the next DLC character isnt wilba

totally different than I.

I think that Pig character suits to DST even more than before Wurt update.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

But there *is* a theory that he did

Well Warbucks was replaced very fast by Wormwood...

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

There's also the theory that Wormwood was meant to be DST-exclusive, but ended up being added to Hamlet before his original planned debut to replace a certain other character that shall go unnamed.

Wormwood was datamined from Hamlet  before the character refreshes were even announced, back when he had completely different sprites

28 minutes ago, Fi7iP said:

This year there should be one more character (if klei counts warly for rework). But we still have another year of 2020 with probably more updates (hopefully :-).

New character in this year? Scarcely. Maximum content in this year: one character rework, 1-2 update Return of Them, Winter's Feast event. Everything else in next year

5 hours ago, Jessie223 said:

warbucks never had a slide move

if you're going to bring up that animation: he just used his feet for friction so he can turn a direction, he wasn't using it to dodge

warbucks never had a unique compass or any perk related to a compass

warbucks never had a unique gun or any perk related to a unique gun

consider this theory: debunked

Did you stop to actually think about what you are saying?

Do you genuinely think that someone who is aware of data mined wormwood also thinks that warbucks somehow had a everything I mentioned before being removed?

I dont think its a coincidence that Warbucks, who required a rework, who was originally titled the "gentleman hunter", pictured with a gun, who is also an archeologist and explorer, ended up being replaced with a brand new character who is an explorer ans also comes with their own unique gun. The early access trailer animation is a much weaker theory.

Just reskin the pewomatic to a reskin of the bluderbuss and give all of Wheelers items and Perks to Warbucks and it starts to make a lot more sense.

Why were there datamined files for Wormwood and Wilba but not Wheeler? Wheeler seemingly came our of no where, soon as Klei had to replace the empty hole of Warbucks with something else.

Wormwood is a very well thought out character that clearly went through a long iterative process.

Wheeler, not so much. Or at all.

7 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

my guess is that Wilbur will be 4th one. (I doubt they will port him as he is, let's just hope he won't be nerfed too badly).

That's not how DLC characters work though- if Wilbur is to be the 4th DLC character he'll stay mostly same as he is on Shipwrecked. Aside from being non-human, what sets apart Wormwood from Warly as a DLC rather than a rework character is how he saw almost no changes whereas Warly was thoroughly reworked like Winona and Willow that came before him.honestly I'd like to see Walani and Wilbur in DST through such reworks.

4 hours ago, maciu67 said:

I think that Pig character suits to DST even more than before Wurt update.

Previously I had absolutely zero desire to see Wilba on DST but Wurt's addition weirldy hyped me out, I'd love to see a rivalry between Wurt and Wilba now, through a rework.

57 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Just reskin the pewomatic to a reskin of the bluderbuss and give all of Wheelers items and Perks to Warbucks and it starts to make a lot more sense.

But why would Warbucks, a gentleman hunter, have a gun which is capable of firing any item, a compass which is able to locate almost any item, and the ability to dodge out of the way of attacks?

9 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

But why would Warbucks, a gentleman hunter, have a gun which is capable of firing any item, a compass which is able to locate almost any item, and the ability to dodge out of the way of attacks?

"Why would a hunter and explorer have a gun and a compass"

Fantastic question.

15 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

"Why would a hunter and explorer have a gun and a compass"

Fantastic question.

Huh, turns out that if you intentionally misinterpret someone's question and then phrase it in a way that sounds stupid, it sounds pretty stupid! Let me try again to write a reply up to your high standards:

Why would Warbucks have a gun like the pewmatic? It would make sense for Warbucks to have a gun, yes, but it would just be a regular gun designed for killing animals. Warbucks is implied to be a wealthy man and openly thinks very highly of himself, to the point where he considers most others to be below him, and refers to any other race as "savage" or "brutes." So why would he have a gun designed for scavenging ammo in survival situations? He wouldn't, he would just have a regular gun. And then he would die by being impaled by a rhinoceros.

Similarly, why would Warbucks, a temple explorer, have a compass designed for pointing the way to more resources in a survival situation? Again, Warbucks is a wealthy man who thinks highly of himself, so why would he carry around a navigadget, dump himself into unknown new lands, and then hope he can find something valuable to put into said navigadget and then hope it points to treasure? Really, that does not sound in-character to me at all. I feel like he would be going in with an idea of what he's looking for, rather than wandering around a jungle and hoping he finds something valuable which then points to something else valuable.

If you have an actual response this time, I'd love to hear it.

12 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I hope it finally is a human character. Or the little goat Wortox talks about in the game files, with actual ties to the gorge

The "nextcharacter" little goat lines were removed from Wortox's file, putting the possibility of such a character into question unfortunately. We'll have to wait and see

Archived