• Maxwell
    • Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • Webber
    • Wickerbottom
    • Wigfrid
    • Wes

Webber main here. I still voted Wendy for next rework because I think she needs it more, but I agree that Webber's niche has been stolen by Wurt and should perhaps get rework 5/12 (6/13?). You know, I actually thought, from the original announcement of reworks right up until about 1-2 weeks ago, that Webber didn't have nearly any issues, balance or enjoyment wise, and should be one of the last characters to receive a rework, somewhere between 9th and 12th out of 12. Wurt was a big oof to Webber and managed to single-handedly flip my entire opinion on when my main should be revamped. Was Wurt Klei's excuse to give Webber some love? As far as shorts and icons and whatnot are concerned, Webber is like the third main character after Wilson and Willow.

25 minutes ago, CobaltGengar said:

Webber main here. I still voted Wendy for next rework because I think she needs it more, but I agree that Webber's niche has been stolen by Wurt and should perhaps get rework 5/12 (6/13?). You know, I actually thought, from the original announcement of reworks right up until about 1-2 weeks ago, that Webber didn't have nearly any issues, balance or enjoyment wise, and should be one of the last characters to receive a rework, somewhere between 9th and 12th out of 12. Wurt was a big oof to Webber and managed to single-handedly flip my entire opinion on when my main should be revamped. Was Wurt Klei's excuse to give Webber some love? As far as shorts and icons and whatnot are concerned, Webber is like the third main character after Wilson and Willow.

Not a Webber main here, so I'd like to know, why and how did Wurt steal Webber's niche? It's not like Wurt would be any better than the average at getting silk and spider loot. Also, from what I can tell, getting up a spider army is way cheaper, easier and more reliable than a merm army. And alone the fact that they both can befriend some monsters doesn't mean they take each other's role, in fact spiders and merms are quite different imo. So why is Webber now less useful or fun to play? 

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

How can a character be perfect and useless? I don't understand you...

She have a depressed character style and even her sound make me remember the death. She was my first favorite character but after learning play with other characters (like Maxwell) I just realized she is powerless and bad character.

Not a Webber main here, so I'd like to know, why and how did Wurt steal Webber's niche? It's not like Wurt would be any better than the average at getting silk and spider loot. Also, from what I can tell, getting up a spider army is way cheaper, easier and more reliable than a merm army. And alone the fact that they both can befriend some monsters doesn't mean they take each other's role, in fact spiders and merms are quite different imo. So why is Webber now less useful or fun to play? 

I suppose you could be right, after all that was only the impression I have gotten from Wurt, who I don't actually even have. Webber only really loses on the useful side rather than the fun side, to me. My thought processes are mainly that merms can actually be used for combat when the Merm King is present, which only provides benefits so why wouldn't he be sought after (I think? Again, not well-versed in Wurt knowledge). Spiders cannot coexist with literally anyone else without attacking them, and there is no way to negate that attribute either, so spider armies sound like an inconvenience to everyone but Webber. Silk and monster meat can be farmed relatively easily with a number of characters, so that also reduces incentive to use him in favour of someone who can do that and other things. I guess I just feel like the army thing was the main thing Webber had over some other characters, and now that that is gone, he seems like he could be more of a burden than an asset to a team. I have lots of hours in Webber, but I will be the first to admit that I probably am not that good at the game and don't use him well enough myself, so I'm willing to believe that I just have misconceptions about Wurt, Webber or either of their characteristics.

I'm no Webber main either, but I think I can understand the concerns. Webber used to be the only character with unique followers and neutrality towards an existing mob in the game. I don't think Wurt really overshadows Webber or anything, though. I personally believe that Wurt's gameplay revolves around making your own civilization of merms while Webber's resolves around befriending and making use of spiders that practically infest the world in safer ways than other characters. From my experience, Webber is one of the more played characters overall just for the fact that he starts with a den and that he's passive towards spiders. It lets players use rabbit traps to kill spiders much more easily and thus get food and prepare for winter. While I don't think that this is very efficient, I have seen it countless times on the servers I've played on (mostly public ones).

I have personally played Webber a bunch, but I haven't really had much to do with him (both before and after Wurt's release). Spiders are super weak as followers, with only 100 health and 20 attack damage. They're also aggressive to a lot of creatures (including Chester...) and almost immediately eat any meat you get from something you kill with them. I hope a Webber rework comes soon and makes spiders useful and unique as followers/friends. I think it's unnatural for a character who (based off his lines) considers spiders to be friends to specialize in making them fight and kill each other. Not to mention spider wars are a likely a bug anyway...

I think that Wurt does have abilities that let her collect spider loot better than the average character. I've found that you can place a spider den or two near a bunch of guard merms and get free spider drops over time with no action from you other than keeping the King alive. It is true that you can do this with bunnymen (or even pigmen) too, but I think what makes merms so much better at it is that they're completely passive towards Wurt and that they don't eat the monster meat the spiders drop. Merms also stay out of their home all day rather than only at day or dusk/night, so they often wander on top of the webbing, aggro spiders and end up killing them. Even a spider queen is no match to a bunch of fishmen with fists comparable to a tentacle spike. You don't even need the meat as Wurt since she's a vegetarian and she gets extra hunger from vegetables, so if you're too lazy to check the den area every once in a while to make sure wandering spiders don't eat them, I don't think you'll be missing out on much.

I voted Wendy because I'm really interested to see her potential expanded, but I don't think she's that bad honestly. Just check pro Wendy main players on twitch or youtube and you'll see what I mean.

From the characters not reworked yet, I think Webber needs some tweaks the most, @Electroely placed in much better words above, the exact same opinion I have. 

Webber's main use is to get millions of spiders killed which is super useful early on, but if you are Wolfgang, Woodie or Wendy you can pretty much do the same thing, just slightly slower. Also past the early game anyone can set 4 bunny hutches around a nest and get all their silk and glands needs covered passively for the rest of the playthrough. Wendy is much more versatile in that sense. For an efficient team playthrough I'd start the game with Webber, get all the spider stuff needs covered then switch to someone else, probably during the first spring.

Regarding Woodie, I've seen some of the posts of the woodie mains dissapointed about the rework. I guess if you got used too much to his specific way to play the game, the current changes made him too different and made for them hard to recognize the same character they loved. The thing is, unfortunately the woodie mains before the rework were a minority among players, and the current changes made a lot more people get interested in him.

I personally love the current Woodie and I think Klei got him all the fun a shapeshifter character could have in this game. I'm playing him almost exclusively now. 

2 hours ago, Electroely said:

I'm no Webber main either, but I think I can understand the concerns. Webber used to be the only character with unique followers and neutrality towards an existing mob in the game. I don't think Wurt really overshadows Webber or anything, though. I personally believe that Wurt's gameplay revolves around making your own civilization of merms while Webber's resolves around befriending and making use of spiders that practically infest the world in safer ways than other characters. From my experience, Webber is one of the more played characters overall just for the fact that he starts with a den and that he's passive towards spiders. It lets players use rabbit traps to kill spiders much more easily and thus get food and prepare for winter. While I don't think that this is very efficient, I have seen it countless times on the servers I've played on (mostly public ones).

I have personally played Webber a bunch, but I haven't really had much to do with him (both before and after Wurt's release). Spiders are super weak as followers, with only 100 health and 20 attack damage. They're also aggressive to a lot of creatures (including Chester...) and almost immediately eat any meat you get from something you kill with them. I hope a Webber rework comes soon and makes spiders useful and unique as followers/friends. I think it's unnatural for a character who (based off his lines) considers spiders to be friends to specialize in making them fight and kill each other. Not to mention spider wars are a likely a bug anyway...

I think that Wurt does have abilities that let her collect spider loot better than the average character. I've found that you can place a spider den or two near a bunch of guard merms and get free spider drops over time with no action from you other than keeping the King alive. It is true that you can do this with bunnymen (or even pigmen) too, but I think what makes merms so much better at it is that they're completely passive towards Wurt and that they don't eat the monster meat the spiders drop. Merms also stay out of their home all day rather than only at day or dusk/night, so they often wander on top of the webbing, aggro spiders and end up killing them. Even a spider queen is no match to a bunch of fishmen with fists comparable to a tentacle spike. You don't even need the meat as Wurt since she's a vegetarian and she gets extra hunger from vegetables, so if you're too lazy to check the den area every once in a while to make sure wandering spiders don't eat them, I don't think you'll be missing out on much.

Then again merm are no better than pigs atm. and everyone except for wortox and webber have access to rabbit hutches. If anything w ould love webber to craft his shamlet here in dst.

16 minutes ago, z3rox12 said:

Then again merm are no better than pigs atm. and everyone except for wortox and webber have access to rabbit hutches. If anything w ould love webber to craft his shamlet here in dst.

As I've said in my post, merms are stronger, faster and tougher than pigs, don't eat meat-type foods you may be seeking out of your mob kills, stay out of their house all day rather than only during daytime and are completely passive to any character as long as the King of the Merms is alive and well. I think they're a great follower for Wurt to have access to and help her teammates with, definitely better than pigs if you have her around.

13 hours ago, csc_unit said:

Yeah like if they give her bunch of shenanigans. They just really should work on Abigail ; focus on Abigail. Better AI, a defensive stance, diffent attack depending if fighting a boss or bunch of mobs. A better abigail against bosses where Wendy needs to control in some way Abi during fight. HUH!

Okay yeah this honestly. A way for Abigail to not just suicide rush bosses would be greaaaaaaaaaaat.

I sincerely hope it's Wilson. The poor guy went from neutral to obsolete compared to the other characters. It has no highlight, no uniqueness. His personality and potential doesn't match anything with ingame character. Even beard he has no differential.

42 minutes ago, zVince said:

I sincerely hope it's Wilson. The poor guy went from neutral to obsolete compared to the other characters. It has no highlight, no uniqueness. His personality and potential doesn't match anything with ingame character. Even beard he has no differential.

Something like the Mad Scientist Lab would be perfect for Wilson, especially if it required experimentation to figure out what potions were harmful/helpful. This would help keep him as the "neutral" character.

21 minutes ago, Nolgore said:

Something like the Mad Scientist Lab would be perfect for Wilson, especially if it required experimentation to figure out what potions were harmful/helpful. This would help keep him as the "neutral" character.

This is one of the possibilities I discuss most with friends. Mad Scientist Lab would be the little but perfect. I'd bring a different touch to the character.

1 hour ago, Nolgore said:

I like this idea. It's not like it would be a foreign field for Wilson, because he's mixing chemicals in the very first origin trailer! :D 

Maybe he could be what I envisioned for Waverly, being able to experiment with and provide new uses for things like feathers, teeth, evil flowers, and more!

Another thing, you know how the characters' portraits usually give a quick visual glance as to what they can do? For example, in her default portrait, Willow is shown surrounded by fire, holding a match in one hand and Bernie in the other. This would lead me to believe that she was a pyromaniac, and that she probably had perks relating to fire.

Wilson's portrait, however, wouldn't make me assume that he could grow a beard. :sure:

image.png.4a45dec08fa3e64bcafd26bd0c517ab2.png

7 hours ago, Slagger said:

She have a depressed character style and even her sound make me remember the death. She was my first favorite character but after learning play with other characters (like Maxwell) I just realized she is powerless and bad character.

See, I intensely dislike Maxwell, but play Wendy all the time. Personally hoping they just make Abigail a bit easier to control since that's the major complaint & move along.

The only thing I beg for that Wilson should totally have is when he shaves his Beard hair and leaves it laying on the ground that when below 40% Sanity he see’s eyeballs form within it and his beard hair becomes a Monster version of a Rabbit.

It makes sense considering killing a Monster Rabbit gives back beard hair.

Wx rework idea: make him x2 fast then he already is but the downside is when he is overcharged his bzbzbbzz sound could be heard across all of the constant and no matter what it is on full volume. And when he eats gears he explodes.

Spoiler

no pls no nerf wx. He good boi. 

Just now, Rosten said:

Please god don't rework Wilson.

Let there just be one character without a bunch of gimmicks.

I thought this in the past, but...
New Woodie in human form is basically that. Makes current Wilson seem kind of redundant.

55 minutes ago, hl3bekliyenadam said:

Wx rework idea 

(First and foremost I know it's a joke, but it's on the same topic).

Honestly the one thing I really want for WX-78's rework is for his face to change when overcharged. Like so:

Spoiler

Electric.PNG.d9a2ef7e36a85735e70b411e4502bec1.PNG

we don't need a standard wilson-like character

i wouldn't be bothered with wilson not being reworked, but it's silly to act like wilson being reworked is a bad thing

36 minutes ago, maradyne said:

I thought this in the past, but...
New Woodie in human form is basically that. Makes current Wilson seem kind of redundant.

while human woodie plays close to wilson, you still have his treeguard and follower perks (which i know are ignorable), plus forced wereform when there's a full moon or when you eat too much monster meat

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

(First and foremost I know it's a joke, but it's on the same topic).

Honestly the one thing I really want for WX-78's rework is for his face to change when overcharged. Like so:

Hide contents

Electric.PNG.d9a2ef7e36a85735e70b411e4502bec1.PNG

OMG YES! Klei, write that down.

Archived