I'm absolutely loving Wurt's solo gameplay so far, but she doesn't offer a lot to a team of non-Wurts at the moment (aside from the ability to quickly farm Fish, an otherwise-tedious chore). Making a Merm kingdom is a fun new goal and the Merm kingdom's aesthetic is a fantastic addition to DST's worldbuilding (the amount of new content in the form of Merm king / warrior art and animations is amazing), but it's only unique to Wurt in the sense of being a new faction; every character other than Wortox was already capable of recruiting a minion army.

The ability to move and replant Reeds on marsh turf, or to create new Reed plants on marsh turf, might be an interesting mechanic for a multiplayer perk. It fits her thematically, it adds to her established character dynamic with Wickerbottom, and it would give another reason for non-Wurts to want her on the team; she would reduce dependency on the Reed Trap setpiece / general good RNG with swamp worldgen for players who enjoy the costly Reed-based items.

Plus it just feels a little bit hollow when Wurt expands the perimeters of the marsh, but can't complete the look with additional marsh plants!

• Like 2

GamerCat11    35

Uhh idk, this could be super op cause of the celestial portal and the general fact that "Reeds" are used in alot of powerful items; like blow darts, wickerbottom's books and honey poltuses.

Soo what could Klei add instead, well if you'd ask me it'll be nothing. Cause i don't think Wurt needs anything else!

But my opinion aside, what could Wurt add to a group setting? Simple, make the merm-king's trades better!

Soo currently Wurt can give the Merm-king fish in exchange for diffrent items, these items include random and specific seeds, tentacle spots, rot and kelp. These are pretty good, but they could be better!

Soo what whould make the Merm-king's trades better? well alot more useful items and resouces, some examples whould be gems, rocks and logs. These are resources that are all ways needed and generly just goid to have, but other items like blow darts, boomarangs and ham bats whould also be pretty neat too! (non of the resouces i am proposeing are what they'd actully be in game!)

But before someone says "tradeing fish for gems, resources and weponry?", these diffrent items the Merm-King whould trade you whould require diffrent fish types. For example, if i wanted some blow darts then i whould need to give the merm-king an Eel from the caves or maybe an new type of fish from the open sea's!

All in all i'd prefer this improved tradeing over the ability to move reed's every day, but of course that is only my opinion!

(This is way longer than i first thought i'd make it! Lol)

• Like 1

Superwolfkid    722
58 minutes ago, GamerCat11 said:

Uhh idk, this could be super op cause of the celestial portal and the general fact that "Reeds" are used in alot of powerful items; like blow darts, wickerbottom's books and honey poltuses.

Soo what could Klei add instead, well if you'd ask me it'll be nothing. Cause i don't think Wurt needs anything else!

But my opinion aside, what could Wurt add to a group setting? Simple, make the merm-king's trades better!

Soo currently Wurt can give the Merm-king fish in exchange for diffrent items, these items include random and specific seeds, tentacle spots, rot and kelp. These are pretty good, but they could be better!

Soo what whould make the Merm-king's trades better? well alot more useful items and resouces, some examples whould be gems, rocks and logs. These are resources that are all ways needed and generly just goid to have, but other items like blow darts, boomarangs and ham bats whould also be pretty neat too! (non of the resouces i am proposeing are what they'd actully be in game!)

But before someone says "tradeing fish for gems, resources and weponry?", these diffrent items the Merm-King whould trade you whould require diffrent fish types. For example, if i wanted some blow darts then i whould need to give the merm-king an Eel from the caves or maybe an new type of fish from the open sea's!

All in all i'd prefer this improved tradeing over the ability to move reed's every day, but of course that is only my opinion!

(This is way longer than i first thought i'd make it! Lol)

Ah, so it can be like a merchant/questgiver that sells limited time items similar to how the Angler works in Terraria. Like maybe he puts a sign up next to him for what he requests and you can get it for a reward. Great idea!

• Like 1

GamerCat11    35
47 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Ah, so it can be like a merchant/questgiver that sells limited time items similar to how the Angler works in Terraria. Like maybe he puts a sign up next to him for what he requests and you can get it for a reward. Great idea!

Thanks, i sat down and wrote that for an entire 40 minutes straight soo im happy you liked it! Lol

• Like 1