Pooping_Pete

Every problem I've had with Wurt so far

Lammarr    1,288
6 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I'd like to be able to trade with the merm king for gold tbh, that way she has an alternative to it. No sanity drain from wetness, or wetness immunity would be nice too (I rarely ever drop Items because of wetness).

I'm almost pretty sure she only loses sanity from equipped wet items.

Btw why merms die when a boat gets destroyed? It's so dumb.

• Like 2

-Variant    5,007
4 hours ago, Canis said:

The "strong grip when wet" is the most pointless perk in the history of Don't Starve, because Wurt has no other perks regarding Wetness and still gets the downsides of being wet (losing sanity and temperature.)

I've been doing a lot of testing, and things are inconsistent as Hell, but I suffer nothing from wetness at all.

The most notable thing is that I can freely jump into the water (plank) and "swim" to shore without suffering anything. No item loss either.

Prefaps the perk was worded badly?

• Like 3

Canis    9,516
1 minute ago, -Variant said:

I've been doing a lot of testing, and things are inconsistent as Hell, but I suffer nothing from wetness at all.

The most notable thing is that I can freely jump into the water (plank) and "swim" to shore without suffering anything. No item loss either.

Prefaps the perk was worded badly?

You can still easily go insane and freeze to death at high wetness. Earlier today when someone picked up an ice staff setpiece in a pub, my sanity easily dropped to 0 and my health to 20 (freezing) because it was too early to prepare for such thing.

And I was playing as a fish person.

Edited by Canis
  • Like 2

Alexias    757

I don't like how she can't trade with pig king because I mostly play solo so I can't farm gold :/.

• Like 1

Ginosaji    84

the bonus buff from a existing mk is way too op. why does it have to set all stats to max?

i'd like to see klei using blacked out stats instead, just how it's being used for maxwell on sanity or characters on getting brought to life again with a heart.

just reverse the effect so she has a base 250 hunger etc but black it out unless there exists a mk.

GenomeSquirrel    495

Since spears are a requirement for flortifications, having merm king drop flint instead of gold would be great alternative.

But I agree that this passive merm ai is a letdown

maradyne    4,927
1 hour ago, sinisterrkid said:

Merm Villages:

The combat AI is indeed a bit strange, at least in my testing with console commands. They will attack some mobs automatically, like Bunnymen, but not others, like hounds or Deerclops. (Either close to their homes or not). Hounds and Deerclops had to aggro them first. I don't know how Mermguard's loyalty to you work: will they automatically aggro anything you start a fight with? It's still a very useful defensive and offensive device, but I wouldn't mind having them be more aggressive to at least hounds, yeah.

Noticed this when playing earlier. When loyal, they stop aggroing on things that they would normally aggro on.

Super weird thing: when loyal, they won't be targeted by tentacles that they walk over. The tentacles just...stay buried, not seeming to notice that anything is there.
Happened to get a world with a Reed Trap and based there. The merms ended up being more effective at clearing tentacles in their normal roaming state than they were when recruited.
Not sure if it's a bug; might be intended to match Wurt's tentacle avoidance perk.

• Like 4

sinisterrkid    506
8 hours ago, Pooping_Pete said:

that doesn't really excuse how half the drops you get from farming merms, one of Wurt's main purposes, can only be used in a way that is worse than things like lichen or lightbulbs.

I forgot to add you can turn frog legs into eggs via birdcage and use the eggs as fillers in Crockpot recipes for Wurt

SinancoTheBest    1,313
3 hours ago, Alexias said:

I don't like how she can't trade with pig king because I mostly play solo so I can't farm gold :/.

I hope they add some kind of a gold trade with the Merm King to compansate: such as frog legs for gold in a 1-1 ratio.

Rellimarual    4,058
8 hours ago, Sweaper said:

She makes basing in swamp fun, that's about it, for me that's a big plus since the biome is pretty bland and only really useful for reeds and tentacle spots for Wicker.

Back when there were really good players on this forum, quite a few of them preferred basing in the swamp for various reasons. I only got  into it myself later on, as a way to avoid newbs on publics, so I don’t remember all their reasons now. It’s far from bland, though, and an excellent base for Wigfrid because of all the meat and things to kill.

• Like 1