JoeW

Hallowed Nights Has Returned and Wurt has Arrived + much more!

Recommended Posts

1TeeMo    35

I wish the scythe was a walking cane skin, sadly its a pickaxe. I think I will make a mod to fix this.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casul    114
16 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'm sure once Wilba comes into the lore for like a side short, they might be the quartet?

Wilba wont. She has absolutely nothing to offer that we cant already take advantage of or that we already have. We already have pigs and while werewilba would be nice we have Woodies combat form. Klei wont add Wilba because she wouldnt offer anything. Same with Walani. Surfboards would make the whole "Together" aspect of the game disappear and we already can argue we have 2 scouts(Woodie and Wortox) Some characters just wont work for DST

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BreadScientist    192
3 minutes ago, Casul said:

-snip-

While I agree their sort of niche has already been filled- it could be possible Wilba could appear with a significant rework, whether or not she was a "refresh" or a DLC

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casul    114
1 minute ago, BreadScientist said:

While I agree their sort of niche has already been filled- it could be possible Wilba could appear with a significant rework, whether or not she was a "refresh" or a DLC

Well. What would she have to offer? Pigs are accessible to everyone,the "spoiled" mechanic wouldnt work,were form would be copy and paste,etc. If they added in Wilba she would either have some random gimmick that never existed before or a copy and paste of Wurt but pigs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BreadScientist    192
Just now, Casul said:

Well. What would she have to offer? Pigs are accessible to everyone,the "spoiled" mechanic wouldnt work,were form would be copy and paste,etc. If they added in Wilba she would either have some random gimmick that never existed before or a copy and paste of Wurt but pigs

I don't know- but I will tell you I could never have predicted what the refreshes we have seen have done (with the possible exception of Warly, I guess?)

I feel like Klei could make something unique. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casul    114
Just now, BreadScientist said:

I don't know- but I will tell you I could never have predicted what the refreshes we have seen have done (with the possible exception of Warly, I guess?)

I feel like Klei could make something unique. 

Heres what I see. Warbucks,Walani,Wilbur,Wagstaff, and Wilba either dont offer anything,have too much griefing potential, or conflict with lore. Wheeler is meh she could be added because there is nothing really known about her,Woodlegs can upgrade ships or maybe cannons,etc. Besides those 2 the others have no way to really pull their weight or work with others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BreadScientist    192
Just now, Casul said:

Heres what I see. Warbucks,Walani,Wilbur,Wagstaff, and Wilba either dont offer anything,have too much griefing potential, or conflict with lore. Wheeler is meh she could be added because there is nothing really known about her,Woodlegs can upgrade ships or maybe cannons,etc. Besides those 2 the others have no way to really pull their weight or work with others.

That's a pretty bold claim to make. You have no idea what kind of changes they could do between versions. I doubt you could have predicted that Woodie would be getting two new forms.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casul    114

I doubt there will be any more additions outside of maybe those 2 as refreshes. Wormwood was released with ROT as a lunar creature. Warly with ships. There isnt a way they can add the others without some excuse via updates. And we all know we arent getting a pig update

5 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:

That's a pretty bold claim to make. You have no idea what kind of changes they could do between versions. I doubt you could have predicted that Woodie would be getting two new forms.

I knew there would be form tweaks. All these 2 forms do are guarantee Wilba and Walani not making the game. Scout got taken. Werecombat got taken. 

Warbucks got thanos snapped,Walani no longer would offer anything unique,Wilbur would be able to make mobs that steal and lower sanity so wouldnt be added,Wagstaff could grief an entire base either with the thumper or fire goggles(which others wouldnt be able to use), and as previously said Wilba doesnt offer anything without tying her to pigking and forcing a wurt copy. 

Edited by Casul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crimson Chin    519
2 minutes ago, Casul said:

I knew there would be form tweaks. All these 2 forms do are guarantee Wilba and Walani not making the game. Scout got taken. Werecombat got taken.

I think the point here trying to be made is that these characters have potential, which Klei could very easily tap into. Porting them over in their current state wouldn't do any good, but with reworks they could easily fit in and offer something that isn't already taken. I love almost all of the DLC characters design wise, and I think it would be kind of a shame to just dump them all when so much work is already done for Klei, like animations, character quotes, voices, etc. Its easier than making an entirely new character, and is highly requested around here, would probably please a good amount of people. There is really no harm in this.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casul    114
6 minutes ago, BreadScientist said:

Alright, we're gonna have to agree to disagree here.

If you wanna debate this we can make a thread and talk. I'm not saying your wrong or that it wont be added in some way I'm saying the CHARACTER wont be as in how they function and play. They all would require tweaks and changes the biggest being Wag and Walani. Personally I hope they arent added as I see no point but they could be after crazy amounts of changes

2 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

I think the point here trying to be made is that these characters have potential, which Klei could very easily tap into. Porting them over in their current state wouldn't do any good, but with reworks they could easily fit in and offer something that isn't already taken. I love almost all of the DLC characters design wise, and I think it would be kind of a shame to just dump them all when so much work is already done for Klei, like animations, character quotes, voices, etc. Its easier than making an entirely new character, and is highly requested around here, would probably please a good amount of people. There is really no harm in this.

Yes thank you you nailed it exactly 

Wag would have to drop thumper and not have fire goggles. Maybe get new devices but Winona kinda has that already. Walani maybe instead of a surfboard a skateboard or sum? It fits her character and would give both a use and an exclusive. Wilba....idk man Wurt copy? Wilbur would have to be made troll proof. But even with those additions they still wouldnt be unique really because as said. We have were forms,have devices, and have scouts

Plus who would want to travel down to monkeys just for bannanas to make huts and such. Or play a character for a land speedboost which would limit use of beefalo as travel.

Edited by Casul
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ras3rr    0

found a bug when a lit up book is still available for reading, and when it nearly “runs out” words “only_used_by_wickerbottom” appear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JJ0264    142

Wurts village is the same idea as Webber or Wilbur or Wilba, the only real difference is the portable merm king

Wurt stats jump to 250 hunger, 200 sanity, 250 health when the merm king is alive

Swamp turf acts like cobble turf to her, pretty much forces her to base at the swamp excluding late game

Wurt can see tentacles, is very short lived and isn't too difficult to spot one for any character (except night)

Wurt gets +2.8 sanity from a pet fish, doesn't loss grip even at 100% wetness and doesn't lose health after drowning, meh

Wurt can read Wicker books for sanity effects, I don't think anyone would waste those books

gets +1.33 from vegetables 

Is a vegetarian monster

 

Basically Wurt is a more anti-social version of Webber, she benefits from Woodie, Wicker and Wormwood but doesn't return the favor for anyone except another Wurt; There are far more spiders in multiple biomes and Webber can provide tons of spider materials, Merms on the other hand they are all shoved in swamps and they only drop food (the only plus is that they better fighters than pigs)

Drop the pet fish and reading for crafting reed roots would help Wurt become more of a teamplayer

Edited by JJ0264
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maciu67    551
19 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

Wurts village is the same idea as Webber or Wilbur or Wilba

We need to wait for bunnyman character.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TemporaryMan    1,492
On 10/24/2019 at 4:05 PM, Zeklo said:

O__O

Merm King died and cursed my game.

image.thumb.png.d2f3ce9864ab43df082037c0f6598dfa.png

Raindrops

RAINDROPS EVERYWHERE

Well, what did you expect when a fisher-king dies?

 

On 10/25/2019 at 1:53 PM, maciu67 said:

We need to wait for bunnyman character.

...Will Sergeant?

Edited by TemporaryMan
now I'm feeling conflicted because nobody here seems to have got the joke, but on the other hand I guess my secret is safe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    2,219

I’m pretty sure this has already been discussed somewhere.. but this update build is full of bugs Everywhere... like for example- Dying and becoming a ghost! It’s okay to become a ghost.. (it happens to everyone who isn’t a know it all veteran) but what is most defiantly NOT Okay is losing all control over your own ghostly self and floating off uncontrollably to the edge of the games map.

Sound like a glitch you’ve heard of before??? Probably- but Dev team do not get discouraged by this!! Even the major companies like Rockstar often times release updates that break old patches they’ve already fixed before.

its unfortunate.. but it defiantly happens :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
taiga_ameca    46

 

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m pretty sure this has already been discussed somewhere.. but this update build is full of bugs Everywhere... like for example- Dying and becoming a ghost! It’s okay to become a ghost.. (it happens to everyone who isn’t a know it all veteran) but what is most defiantly NOT Okay is losing all control over your own ghostly self and floating off uncontrollably to the edge of the games map.

Sound like a glitch you’ve heard of before??? Probably- but Dev team do not get discouraged by this!! Even the major companies like Rockstar often times release updates that break old patches they’ve already fixed before.

its unfortunate.. but it defiantly happens :(

That's odd, I've died plenty of times since yesterday and I've had full control of my ghost. No one else in the server had that problem. Could it be a mod problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    4,953

Considering the amount of bug reports that have popped up since the update...I'm thinking that the bugs might have something to do with the update.

I've only gotten minor ones myself but god that's a lot of reports.

Edited by maradyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quoth143    11,854

Does Wurt have a voice or instrument? I'm asking because she's silent so far and I'm wondering is using mods is interfering some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Variant    5,327
1 hour ago, Quoth143 said:

Does Wurt have a voice or instrument? I'm asking because she's silent so far and I'm wondering is using mods is interfering some. 

She's had one for a while now.

Her update rolled in and she didn't but it was fixed shortly after.

It's like, drowning Klei devs and synth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Canis    10,725
5 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Does Wurt have a voice or instrument? I'm asking because she's silent so far and I'm wondering is using mods is interfering some. 

Try updating your game / verifying your game files, assuming that you're on Steam.

Edited by Canis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Markwek    3
On 24/10/2019 at 3:38 PM, Kuba5565 said:

Thank you sooooooooo much trade inn guy!!!

Przechwytywanie.PNG.c19e7506f19fa997fa44751f6cac37f4.PNG

How did you get that skin? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    17,601

I forgot to mention it earlier but I hope that lil spider in the beginning of the short becomes a recurring character.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now