Hallowed Nights Has Returned and Wurt has Arrived + much more!

On 10/27/2019 at 5:16 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I’m still trying to figure out what exactly the heck the Halloween Candies are good for.. lol I get them for taking useless junk and giving it to the pig king they seem to be FOOD items, but they provide very little in the form of helping you Not Starve..

One very small use for them is feeding mobs in your inventory, since no candy deals damage when eaten*. I was transporting moon moths around my world recently and the little guys loved the not-so-candy corn I was carrying on me.
You can also use candies to bait mobs like pigs or gobblers, since they never spoil.

*I accidentally killed a full stack of moths a bit earlier because I forgot the Winter's Feast fruitcake does deal 2 damage...

A quick question, because the search didn't result in anything and I don't want to fly over everything here.
It's probably like Wortox again, if I only want the Abyssal Skin, I have to buy it extra or the big package, right?
In the Wurt Abyssal Chest, is Wurt not included, only the outfit?

If so, this will be another character I won't buy~, because I just can't understand why they don't sell all their outfits for 4,99€ extra with Wurt uu ...

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Anyone know when Hallowed Nights ends? I’m hoping it runs until Winters Feast starts in December.. I need some decent Halloween Skins. :(

Me Likey Da Spooky!

Last year it went on that long, but mostly thanks to Forge, they extended hallowed nights alongside Forge. To be frank I don't even remember any hollowed nights content since the limited time Forge hype so overshined the regular gameplay. Oh how I miss the evens, hope Klei someday brings back Gorge.

9 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Last year it went on that long, but mostly thanks to Forge, they extended hallowed nights alongside Forge. To be frank I don't even remember any hollowed nights content since the limited time Forge hype so overshined the regular gameplay. Oh how I miss the evens, hope Klei someday brings back Gorge.

Even though I didn’t get to play the Gorge/Forge Events.. I would still very much rather prefer permanent content added to the core gameplay over seeing the return of some limited time content.

the Only exceptions to that would Be Hallowed Nights & Winters Feast since those events are seasonal themed around Holiday Seasons.

Hi, I'm playing on xbox and I have few questions:

Am I supposed to find pumpkins on the ground ? I explored all my world, on surface, to find trinkets and I realised there was no pumpkins anywhere.

I didnt go back in the cave since Halloween, do we find trinkets on the ground there too ?

And I understood the candy bag has no limit, but I'm stuck at 40 per slot. Maybe I misunderstood ?

1 hour ago, Moonatik said:

Am I supposed to find pumpkins on the ground ? I explored all my world, on surface, to find trinkets and I realised there was no pumpkins anywhere.

I didnt go back in the cave since Halloween, do we find trinkets on the ground there too ?

And I understood the candy bag has no limit, but I'm stuck at 40 per slot. Maybe I misunderstood ?

While yes, you should find some pumpkins in Deciduous Forest, around PK village and the sorts early game, do bear in mind they are eaten by Pigs and ultimately rot. As for trinkets, only on Forest shard can be found, not in Caves. And ofc Candy Bag has limits, namely 20 slots for Candies, Decorations and/or Trinkets - and each of them stack up to 40.

7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

are halloween trinkets renewable or is there a finite amount of Hallowed Nights trinkets + the chance of spawning more from tumbleweeds?

There's indeed a finite number of Trinkets scattered around the Forest shard (on Ocean included) at world generation, but as you mention you can find Halloween Decorations (not Trinkets) in Tumbleweeds (3 regular RNG items + 1 occasional Totally Normal Tree Decoration) and Graves. So no renewable option for Trinkets.

One other thing I should've previously mentioned is you can have in Cave shard the special Halloween Skeletons Set-pieces - like the "dead carolers" with gnomes and candy, etc - more so if Boons are on above-"default" settings.

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

So no renewable option for Trinkets.

And dear buddy here is where i come with some great news for you. Halloween trinkets during hallowed nights are indeed renewable. 

You can break down Ancient Pseudoscience station with a hammer for it to yield (low chances) trinkets ! After some testing i found out that it can also spawn some halloween trinkets :)

If you are looking for certain trinket in particular you can smash it and rollback until you get what you want or reset your ruins (i know i know killing fuelweaver just to get more halloween trinkets seems a bit far fetch but eh im just here for information)

Technically true but not very reliable and/or efficient.

If one wants to "squeeze" some more Halloween Trinkets and Decorations, one can dig up all graves, including the ones at Ancient Guardian's cemetery for some RNG chances to get them.

Or wait till next Hallowed Nights event (2020) to kick in, heh.

15 hours ago, Sub Maxwell said:

Has there been anything said about Hook, Line and Inker yet?

Nothing, apart from that it comes in "early November", which is now probably just November. JoeW said that they'll have info one week in advance. I believe and really hope that we get news this Thursday and the beta next week.

7 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Nothing, apart from that it comes in "early November", which is now probably just November. JoeW said that they'll have info one week in advance. I believe and really hope that we get news this Thursday and the beta next week.

Okay thanks, I’m really excited for the beta too.

34 minutes ago, Markwek said:

Hook, Line and Inker? What is that?

On 24.10.2019 at 6:33 PM, JoeW said:

The next Return of Them beta update "Hook, Line and Inker" should release early November. But as always, that is an estimate and things could change, expect more details about a week before release.

Also, it started not long ago: 

Before the Hallowed Nights are to end I got myself a Candy big and filled it to full of stuff to trade with the Pig King- the following picture is my Candy Results afterward. Poor Wendy... Death by SweetTooth. 

That reminds me of something that happened to me a lot back when I was younger.. Oh I remember now a PlayStation 1 game called Twisted Metal!  Yeah.. :( I miss that game franchise.

Erm Anyway, I’m working on a cool super spooky In-Game Picture to celebrate Halloween, but it’s going to take some time.. because In order to make it look right I will need to take several different pictures at different times of day and then cut and paste certain spooky features into the photo- the reason why, Bats Don’t Sleep at Night.. and Frogs Don’t come out at Night, seems the logical choice is to do the photo during day.

BUT WAIT- Jackolanterns Don’t light up spooky during day.. so like I said- it’ll take me some time but I’ll post the results here once it’s done.

D4CB5E25-8C80-4DF7-896E-14FDE2D0934D.jpeg

I don't remember seeing it mentioned on the Forums or in the patchnotes (did I miss it?), but pig king doesn't fall asleep immediately when night falls if you keep giving him trinkets; in fact, it stays awake as long as you don't stop with the gifts. I think it's a nice little change from last year :) 

Archived