Sign in to follow this  
Z0366

Thourough Test: Everything you need to know about dupe movement speed on running/flying/tubing

malloc    105

Do corners in a tube make a difference (i.e. up 50 then sideways 50 vs [up 1, sideways 1, repeat 50 times]) ?

• Like 1

BLACKBERREST3    233

It seems like these guys didn't do proper testing.

Very nice research! I always used the ladder-pole combo early game because it helped with airflow and speed. Now after reading this, it appears I don't have to make any changes nearing the late game. What puzzles me is that some people were saying that ladders can be faster than poles, but that is simply not possible from what your saying. Is there more to this or is this not possible?

Spoiler

skill cap 20 = 3 units of speed

3*1.2=3.6 (plastic ladder)

3.6>4 (fire pole)

Grimgaw    523
1 hour ago, BLACKBERREST3 said:

Donwwards there is nothing matching a pole.

In case you didn't read the OP, tubes are faster.

Z0366    123

3 hours ago, BLACKBERREST3 said:

It seems like these guys didn't do proper testing.

Very nice research! I always used the ladder-pole combo early game because it helped with airflow and speed. Now after reading this, it appears I don't have to make any changes nearing the late game. What puzzles me is that some people were saying that ladders can be faster than poles, but that is simply not possible from what your saying. Is there more to this or is this not possible?

Let me introduce DIgger 10, my athletic 22 dude, he cannot beat researcher 1 who is on a firepole down. So, firepole is faster whatsoever. In fact you can confirm it by their default behaviour, when they travel down, they themselves will choose firepole by default calculation.

image.thumb.png.8df529f6c356dad70731fa6c6a8fd30a.png

3 hours ago, BLACKBERREST3 said:

Hide contents

skill cap 20 = 3 units of speed

3*1.2=3.6 (plastic ladder)

3.6>4 (fire pole)

image.png

6 hours ago, malloc said:

Do corners in a tube make a difference (i.e. up 50 then sideways 50 vs [up 1, sideways 1, repeat 50 times]) ?

A very good question! It made a huge difference. Tubes going diagonally is much slower than that going straight sideway and down. Apparently there is an aceleration process in the tube, every time a turn is taken, the speed is reduced. So, the less turning, the better.

image.thumb.png.d77edd0d8acf2c535dad277766f7cd1d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2