Cyclum Puzzle and Metheus Puzzle is now on console!

1 hour ago, RollingNanami said:

Completed this before, but after switching to PS4 and realizing I couldn't use my sick ancient skins, I was pretty bummed. It's cool that we can do this on console now!! Anybody looking for a partner specifically on PS4?

I almost had it with someone but ran out of time. I'll definitely be trying again soon. NSA_iswatchingus on PSN if you want to add me. I've got gear, puzzle items, and a path cleared to the chest. I just gotta knock out this silly website puzzle. 

28 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I almost had it with someone but ran out of time. I'll definitely be trying again soon. NSA_iswatchingus on PSN if you want to add me. I've got gear, puzzle items, and a path cleared to the chest. I just gotta knock out this silly website puzzle. 

Added

On 10/22/2019 at 2:54 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Rofl.. Maybe I’ll eventually figure it out, but the part about doing stuff on the website and then finding some cave in game with the same player you completed the PC stuff with has been confusing to say the least.

The minigame itself is very similar to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_(board_game)
TBH it's too complimacated for me to explain without doing it again myself, but I recall that it's possible (and a bit easier to coordinate) with one person using 2 accounts, if you have that option. Otherwise, screen-sharing with your partner is a must.

Also this helped me when we were originally figuring out the puzzle:

(post too old to actually quote or link to but it was made by my old account)

Whether this turns out to be accurate or not, this is really helpful with logically grasping the second puzzle. Each item being a certain number of a certain item going into a certain chest slot.
Much easier to do that way.

The symbols being what I meant. The squares with the notches in them are numbers; the other symbols are items that you need to later put into a chest. And it can be a bit easier to visualize your goal if you look at the letters as tangible objects.

As for the in-game portion...
If you go into the Ruins, there's one part that has a long extension of land which ends in a fully constructed Ancient Altar, and has a weird-looking chest with 6 slots.
You have to put 6 types of items in the chest. The items and their counts can be found over here.
I don't recall if the order that you place the items in matters, but it might.

Not sure if this was available on console before, but while we're on the topic...
You can also get blueprints for Ruins furniture using the chest required by the Metheus puzzle, without actually doing the puzzle.

5db373b1c6011_Ruinsfurniturerecipes.png.7d9213c3a9844f0082819d376dc0184c.png

"nightmare_timepiece" is a Thulecite Medallion. I rarely see these blueprints used in public servers; spread the word!

Spoiler
19 minutes ago, maradyne said:

The minigame itself is very similar to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_(board_game)
TBH it's too complimacated for me to explain without doing it again myself, but I recall that it's possible (and a bit easier to coordinate) with one person using 2 accounts, if you have that option. Otherwise, screen-sharing with your partner is a must.

Also this helped me when we were originally figuring out the puzzle:

The symbols being what I meant. The squares with the notches in them are numbers; the other symbols are items that you need to later put into a chest. And it can be a bit easier to visualize your goal if you look at the letters as tangible objects.

As for the in-game portion...
If you go into the Ruins, there's one part that has a long extension of land which ends in a fully constructed Ancient Altar, and has a weird-looking chest with 6 slots.
You have to put 6 types of items in the chest. The items and their counts can be found over here.
I don't recall if the order that you place the items in matters, but it might.

Not sure if this was available on console before, but while we're on the topic...
You can also get blueprints for Ruins furniture using the chest required by the Metheus puzzle, without actually doing the puzzle.

5db373b1c6011_Ruinsfurniturerecipes.png.7d9213c3a9844f0082819d376dc0184c.png

"nightmare_timepiece" is a Thulecite Medallion. I rarely see these blueprints used in public servers; spread the word!

The relic blueprints have been available for quite awhile already but I still have people asking where I got chairs and tables from pretty often. 

47 minutes ago, ItsaGamer05 said:

Hey, I have a few questions for the Metheus puzzle:

Do we need to make a new world for the ruins puzzle?

Can another person join the world and help us out, or would that ruin the puzzle?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Any world will work no need to make a new, but make sur both of you are in a the time. More people can be in the world at the time to help but I wouldnt recomment the other people to be close to the chest when putting the items in, only the 2 person that are attempting the puzzle should be close to the chest. 

Also if you get crow or butterfly in the puzzle they need to be alive obvioulsy. For people that dont know you can feed butterfly flowers to keep them alive and seed to crows.

Btw funny thing. When done you can exit the game right away and open your present then rollback if you are interested in keeping your item but I really did that because I was to lazy to exit the cave running the third time.

1 hour ago, Kuraudo0110 said:

Btw funny thing. When done you can exit the game right away and open your present then rollback if you are interested in keeping your item but I really did that because I was to lazy to exit the cave running the third time.

I'm kicking myself for not doing this! There's goes 3 yellow gems and 3 thelucite!

15 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I'm kicking myself for not doing this! There's goes 3 yellow gems and 3 thelucite!

You can always rollback a few days, unless you already did the puzzle and played the game past the rollback option, I immediately left after the puzzle was done so I'm definitely doing that when I launch the game again. Just like you, such a nightmare to need 3 yellow gems and find out I only had 2 laying around haha. Had to make preparations to kill Dragonfly first before finishing the puzzle.

Ummm.. I’m currently doing the Metheus puzzle on Xbox one right now. I was able to get through all the steps online and locate the chest in the ruins with the friend I did it with. But now when I try putting the items in the chest in the right order and with the correct quantity it just spits it out? I’ve checked over plenty of times and tried many things, like skins for items are off when in the chest, the spoilage is brand new on perishable items, everything is right but it still spits it out. Please help I’ve been waiting for this for so long and have been working on it for hours!!

3 hours ago, Foxntrot said:

Ummm.. I’m currently doing the Metheus puzzle on Xbox one right now. I was able to get through all the steps online and locate the chest in the ruins with the friend I did it with. But now when I try putting the items in the chest in the right order and with the correct quantity it just spits it out? I’ve checked over plenty of times and tried many things, like skins for items are off when in the chest, the spoilage is brand new on perishable items, everything is right but it still spits it out. Please help I’ve been waiting for this for so long and have been working on it for hours!!

Make sure that the website part of the puzzle hasn't been reset; that can happen if one of the pair doing the puzzle keeps pressing buttons.

Also make sure that your partner is there with you in-game close to the chest when you put the items in.

9 hours ago, maradyne said:

Make sure that the website part of the puzzle hasn't been reset; that can happen if one of the pair doing the puzzle keeps pressing buttons.

Also make sure that your partner is there with you in-game close to the chest when you put the items in.

I don’t think the website part has reset, both still show the glowing chest with the codes and it’s still intractable, but how can we check to make sure? We are both in close proximity, standing on top of each other doesn’t even work. I dont think either of those are the issue, could this be a glitch? And if so how can we restart or fix this? But honestly I’m really not tryna restart... thanks for any further help

If the site is still glowing and all that then it hasn't been reset; sounds like everything is fine there.
Which...makes this weird. But, you know, given that this hasn't been enabled for Consoles for as long, it's totally possible that it's a bug? Maybe you guys should file a bug report. Devs might be able to figure out something.

As for resetting it, if you decide to go that route...
I remember the process being something along the lines of 'spam every button on the website until it breaks'. That should put you back at the beginning of the puzzle part, where you'll need to re-sync your codes.

9 hours ago, Jespalian10 said:

This doesn't work on PS4 

And yes it does work on ps4. I did it 3 times, know at least 2 other couples that did it ps4. And met another couple who did it yesterday all on ps4.

There is at least 4 persons that I know who did it on ps4 in this topic.

I also just did it yesterday on ps4 with a random guy who joined my game and asked me to try. It went much smoother than expected.  I'd say we did the whole thing in <30mins except the in-game part, where we had a few issues because we misread some number symbols. ( Just beware of the number symbols too not just the runes, as 1 is always 1, but 3 cuts can mean 4 and so on).

I'm willing to help if anyone wants to to it.

Archived