Why do you play as your main?

Personally I love the concepts behind my mains Winona and Warly, -a strong independent mechanic woman and an exotic french cook. I also like the fact that they aren't the most commonly played characters since I avoid picking characters that are already in the server there's usually either one or both of the characters missing from servers (imagine my misery if I mained Wendy or Webber). Warly also caters to my playstyle a lot since I love cooking any and all crock pot recipes. I love Winona's design and skins, particularly Rosette and Triumphant, and thanks to the rework, spotlights and catapults are a great addition that I can support the team with.

I like to play characters that have an aesthetic i like, wortox and workwood are my faves rn, and then i like woodie because i can go fast and i like fighting as moose. Im really looking forward to Wurt, cuz her fish kingdom looks right up my alley

13 hours ago, Lammarr said:

Maxwell 'cause shadow duelists are epic and underrated and i can feel that sweet feeling of superior resource gathering.

The low health is a joke of a con when you're hosting your server anyways and it only makes Maxwell harder to play instead of limiting him.

If i'm not hosting,other players are potential meat-shields sometimes...

Also politely asking a Wicker to craft a The End is Nigh book in order to murder base parasites in a non-pvp server is fun too.(Well,in case they're monsters,bunnymen can do the trick).

Btw some of his quotes are...uuuh...odd?

Screenshot_808.png.0ccae29ba8ad7d1bc9701b6f3d13616f.png

Yes,Maxwell,you did.

any tips with shadow duelist?

Spoiler

So, if you play with me, I choose:

1)Great Maxwell(I'm Maxwellmain, yep. He's supercool man and very useful character for me and for people at the servers xD) 

2)Wickerbottom(It's a powerful old lady x)) 

3)Wes (Cute mime and he's evil X'D) 

4)Wolfgang(Strong man and very useful) 

5)Winona(New power of Nona :^)) 

6)Woodie(Funny and good character for farm differents things)

These characters I love, too, but I don't play:

1)Wilson(So boring for me) 

2)Willow(Oh,no,my base! It' s a terrible fire!!! Help pls!!!) 

3)Wendy(I have a depression 24/7 and ghost-sister) 

4)WX-78("I kill u!I DESTROY U!!!" 

5)Webber(We are spiderman. And many spiders kill u) 

6)Wigfrid("Oh my Holy SoUl, I want to eat meat!!! MeAtBalLs!!! "

7)Wormwood(He's a weak and so friendly for this world=')) 

And I also like:

-Warly(Poor and kind man with great abilities. He has a sad story :'^)) 

Neutral:

-Wortox(And good character. And bad character :0)

12 hours ago, trinket_4 said:

Bonus: the only character that has 4 ghost types

Wortox and Wormwood would like to speak with you.

I main Wortox, because I love the soul hopping across rivers, and the easy health regen. I'm really good at gathering food, so the hunger penalty is never to bad.

when i first played dst, i wanted to pick the first character that caught my eye, and since i like clowns and stuff i played as wes without reading his little description. this was far before i knew he was one of the game's more challenging characters, but i got used to his playstyle and I've been playing as him since. i do want to purchase wurt once she's out and give her a try though! she seems to have a very unique playstyle, and her design is just adorable. 

Edit: i just think hes neat

Currently: Wormwood and Warly, tho definitely looking forward to Wurt for aesthetic reasons (I'm a huge sucker for fishmonsters)

Wormwood:Interesting engaging with a character that doesn't use food to heal, actually encouraging me to look towards alternative mechanics I've never used (healing items and sleeping), also is excellent early game for building up a seed/crop rotation, dung and rot farms, mushroom planters, nasty trap fields, but doesn't have much going on once you have your resource game covered aside from being an easy source of living logs. (Also is great for getting yo damn beefalos tamed)

Warly: Just fun in the effect that you basically become the game's chef and your focus shifts to crock pot recipes and their niches/usefulness. Still haven't memorized them all, but definitely have a quick and easy cheat-sheet for DST recipes. Also one of the best supports in the game between his exclusive recipes and spices.

And between the two, excellent synergy. Let the foodlords reign supreme.

At first I had Wilson and Wickerbottom as my main characters.

Wilson because he felt like a good character same with Wickerbottom. Liked that Wicker had books that I could use a lot.

Then Winona after refresh. Liked her new buildings. 

Then Wortox. Liked the ability to teleport and quickly get health. 

Then Willow, really liked her after the refresh. Loved using Bernie.

Then Wormwood. Had good items, liked that he could get Living Log early. 

Then Warl....Woodie. Liked that he now after refresh could turn into a powerful weremoose and have the ability to quickly explore the map as weregoose. 

Maybe I will like Wurt a lot next.

I wish I liked Warly more but I will try him more later at some point. Might like him more then.

I main Wilson, because I love Wilson as a person, not as a gameplay character. Is a lot of it my headcanon? ...Yeah, but none of it contradicts the actual canon, so it could be canon if Klei chose to confirm it.

The moment I knew I loved Wilson was when I was making my way through the Cyclum comic puzzle, and I saw the part where (spoilers for the comic if you haven't read it yet):

Spoiler

After Wilson very warily investigates the stick he heard crack and sees that it's Maxwell, his reaction is anger. Not fear, not bewilderment, not sympathy, not relief that it's not a monster (which is debatable), not happiness at seeing another person when he's been alone in the wilderness. Pure, righteous, face-punching rage. He's still gentleman enough to drop his axe first, but once he does, he jumps right into the vengeful fisticuffs.

This made me realize that, while Wilson may be a scientist and a gentleman, he's brave and values himself as a person enough to defend/avenge himself like that. A lot of scientist/scholar/nerd characters are depicted as meek and shy, with poor self esteem. But Wilson is tough. Still a gentleman, still a scientist, but tough. And he cares about himself enough to get angry when he's been wronged like that, rather than to just take it quietly.

At least that's my interpretation.

So that, plus his many other endearing little traits revealed through his examination quotes and the various artwork and animations Klei has made, is why I love Wilson. And because I love him, I prefer to play as him over the other characters.

Maxwell (early game) because not having to worry about sanity in the ruins or just in general is great. 

Warly (late game) because I love the team based support playstyle. I am good with managing my picky diet and I always play with a reliable team who wants to keep the buff operation up and running as much as possible 

Webber because most other characters I'm pretty bad at willow I just cant help setting stuff on fire wicker I always die in swamp or just dont make books.warly is one of the few characters I can play without trouble 

Frankly I'm too scared to see what happens if I stop playing them since I'm chemically addicted.

But nah I love Wormwood cus I love absolutely riddling the world with crops. See a seed? Plant it! Also his bramble traps are just really fun to use and easy to make lots of. Oh, and who could forget that he's the cutest thing in probably any game ever and if anything was to happen to him I would kill everyone then myself.

21 hours ago, Theukon-dos said:

*looks at PFP with suspicion*

I love my plant boy as well i just... that i really hate his lack of healing and of course i always play alone so... no wortox ambulance for me.

Depends on what I feel like doing on a pub.

I usually play Willow, though. I hop in, find base, burn it farm nightmare fuel, make 30 dark swords, leave.

Sometimes I play as Webber. I vastly enjoy making a massive spider empire and invite all the Webbers and create a kingdom and being racist asf to normal human plebs. Usually end up becoming a legend on the server, untill winter hits and everyone leaves :( 

4 hours ago, Bernado1 said:

It's sad but I don't play with my main anymore,there are just so much better characters that I don't feel like playing with him right now.

Same here, I love Maxwell for being a summoner and an anti-hero mean guy, but I've played so much with him (at least 1000 hours) that I got bored.
I'm currently playing almost exclusively Woodie because of the druid vibe and the treeguards summoning, and Wortox because of the teleports, and I'm having a blast with both.

I'm pretty sure I'll get back to good ol' Maxie, when his rework comes.

I play Webber because I like baddies/monsters and having minions. He has a unique niche in spider farming (although Wendy kinda treads on this a bit), and he makes what is usually a hostile entity (spider dens) a safe haven. He has a fairly balanced downside in pigs hating him, so he doesnt feel OP. 

Maxwell is my second, mostly because of the being the baddy and having minions. 

I enjoy playing Wicker because not having to build expensive alchemy engines every time i forget to prototype something before going on a big adventure is just golden

Plus I'm always running out of inventory space, and as Wicker i can just insta make backpacks and shovels

Archived