Recommended Posts

Starlogy    2,524

the fact that the easiest stuff to make gives less than 40 hunger is going to make this character very non-beginner friendly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1bubbainpa    975

We don’t know if wurt is going to be full-vegetarian or half vegetarian, maybe we should wait til she comes out before making these guides.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parusoid    348
Just now, 1bubbainpa said:

We don’t know if wurt is going to be full-vegetarian or half vegetarian, maybe we should wait til she comes out before making these guides.

Thats why my post starts with "assuming"

5 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

the fact that the easiest stuff to make gives less than 40 hunger is going to make this character very non-beginner friendly

But due to low cost you can make a lot of it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lammarr    1,030

Eggs are meat.

Just ask your local friendly bunnymen,also Wigfrid can eat eggs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parusoid    348
8 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Eggs are meat.

Just ask your local friendly bunnymen,also Wigfrid can eat eggs.

Yep, they are. They still can be used in crock pot to produce non-meat dishes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lammarr    1,030
10 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Yep, they are. They still can be used in crock pot to produce non-meat dishes

Oh wait a second i didn't read your original post correctly lmao.

Btw i don't think is a good idea to build merm houses in the lunar island only to kill creatures that can't reproduce or respawn.

Edited by Lammarr
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parusoid    348
Just now, Lammarr said:

Btw i don't think is a good idea to build merm houses in the lunar island only to kill creatures that can't reproduce or respawn.

Maybe they will be able to reproduce eventually. Lunar Island got to be used for something

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lammarr    1,030

But are we sure she can eat honey? i mean,her disavatange is that she's a vegetarian a.k.a she can only eat vegetables and fruits.

Also merms in-game can only eat vegetables and fruits.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parusoid    348
1 minute ago, Lammarr said:

But are we sure she can eat honey? i mean,her disavatange is that she's a vegetarian a.k.a she can only eat vegetables and fruits.

Also merms in-game can only eat vegetables and fruits.

We are not sure, we just assume according to the definition of vegetarianism (which is abstaining from the consumption of flesh) and what is considered meat in game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parusoid    348
19 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Perhaps you should play Wurt at least once before making a guide for her diet.

How do you know i didnt :D

 

 

On the other hand its not rocket science. Im experienced enough player to know what is the best food to use that are not meat based, and this post is me sharing this knowledge with you. If she vegetarian, just exclude meat from diet. Thats what I did, pointing out the best non meat items to fill hunger, since a big part of playe rbase just survives on meatballs. If udpate will reveal some new way of telling meat from veggies in game, which is unlikely, then i will edit the guide

Similar thing happend with wormwood when they announced he cant heal from food, then poeple had to learn healing from other sources, if they were used to eat pierogi to heal. Experienced players could tell the best way of healing excluding food before they had chance to play him. And based on that knowledge they were creating lists such as this one

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fill-Lips    281
1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

Durian/Extra Smelly Durian both gives 25 hunger but also lowers sanity by 5. Raw Durian lowers health by 3, cook it to remove this penalty.

On 18/10/2019 at 10:10 PM, JoeW said:

Wurt is a vegetarian with a particular appreciation for Durians

This tip seems like a dud if the main reveal page has a specific point about durians being different values for wurt.

Also depending on what kind of vegetarian wurt is, recipes that use eggs and butter as main ingredients may or may not be edible.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parusoid    348
36 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

This tip seems like a dud if the main reveal page has a specific point about durians being different values for wurt.

Also depending on what kind of vegetarian wurt is, recipes that use eggs and butter as main ingredients may or may not be edible.

For now i just described current state of Durian. The main reveal page does not say anything about different values, it just says she likes it more. We will see what does it mean whe she goes live.

There is one kind of vegetarianism by definition. As for the recipes that use eggs and butter, currently game works in a way that the type of crock pot dish is not dependant on the fillers, so you can add meat to Waffles and it will still be non-meat dish. Its unlikely that klei wll introduce mechanic of chaning type of dish depending on its fillers

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bird Up    717

I personally can't wait to see how difficult it will be for all the Wurts to not starve in winter. You can't eat meat or eggs, can't get butterflies, can't use bee boxes, can't get berries, can't get birch nuts, can't get seeds or grow seeds. Sure, one Wurt can save up a ton of food for himself for the entire winter, but on Wurt's release week, one server is going to have like 5 Wurts and they're all going to compete for the same food. Food will be very limited in winter. Limited to like... cacti, carrots from bunny farms, kelp, stone fruits, and whatever food was saved from autumn. Meanwhile, the Merm King has to be fed as well, so there's even more trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonicDen220    709

No one is gonna mention this blessing?

latest?cb=20130814160040

I dunno, I might be the only person that rushes the ruins for belt of hunger as the main goal. It's just such a convenience and pretty much the best body slot item if you don't use a backpack. I also like how it benefits literally every new added character in one way or another - Wortox and Wormwood (in spring) especially.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see Wurt having difficulty surviving in winter aside from limited crock pot recipes early on, otherwise they do list her as "vegetarian" and not "vegan" or "herbivorous". Eggs, milk, honey are all not against a vegetarian diet, and those along with foraged food, cactus, and stone fruit are fairly regularly available in winter. You can also grab cave bananas as well as mushroom farms from the underground (which still grow in winter).

What I would more want to see is some more recipes involved with materials like these for your crock pot. There isn't a lot of variety when using non-farm foods (which are limited in winter if any at all), and without meat in your recipes, there isn't really anything "hefty" you can eat to fill you up. So while not too stressful for winter, I would hope klei can add more crockpot recipes that involve winter foraged foods, eggs, and/or mushrooms. (And more recipe variety is always fun for Warly)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lammarr    1,030
15 minutes ago, knaveofclubs22 said:

I don't see Wurt having difficulty surviving in winter aside from limited crock pot recipes early on, otherwise they do list her as "vegetarian" and not "vegan" or "herbivorous". Eggs, milk, honey are all not against a vegetarian diet, and those along with foraged food, cactus, and stone fruit are fairly regularly available in winter. You can also grab cave bananas as well as mushroom farms from the underground (which still grow in winter).

What I would more want to see is some more recipes involved with materials like these for your crock pot. There isn't a lot of variety when using non-farm foods (which are limited in winter if any at all), and without meat in your recipes, there isn't really anything "hefty" you can eat to fill you up. So while not too stressful for winter, I would hope klei can add more crockpot recipes that involve winter foraged foods, eggs, and/or mushrooms. (And more recipe variety is always fun for Warly)

Eggs are meat in the game's code,so yeah,she can't eat them.

But honey and eletric milk,i'm pretty sure they have no tags or something like that,we don't know if her disavatange is only eating vegetables and fruits or that she can't eat meat.

Also i think she's a ''vegetarian'' 'cause she's a merm,they only eat vegetables and fruits in-game.

Edited by Lammarr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeeClops    95
15 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

No one is gonna mention this blessing?

latest?cb=20130814160040

I dunno, I might be the only person that rushes the ruins for belt of hunger as the main goal. It's just such a convenience and pretty much the best body slot item if you don't use a backpack. I also like how it benefits literally every new added character in one way or another - Wortox and Wormwood (in spring) especially.

+1 i do that too, esp since i main wolfgang, but it's great on any character really, but esp the ones with food debuffs.

i love to go hunger belt/magi/night armor and then bone armor when it becomes available, and get rid of the other light sources from inventory(keep one of miner/lantern/moggles tho), since i do renounce the backpack.

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axelocke    2,903

I'm just gonna assume anything with a long eating animation is something she cannot eat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lammarr    1,030

Am I the only one that's excited to see Wurt's reaction towards fish recipes?

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For as much of a discussion about all kinds of various minutiae of what's ok in Wurt's diet or not, I'm curious how "leafy meat" is going to factor into her diet. I mean, it is in one way technically meat....also it is technically vegetable...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FeagleSnorf    642
On 10/20/2019 at 5:36 PM, Bird Up said:

I personally can't wait to see how difficult it will be for all the Wurts to not starve in winter. You can't eat meat or eggs, can't get butterflies, can't use bee boxes, can't get berries, can't get birch nuts, can't get seeds or grow seeds. Sure, one Wurt can save up a ton of food for himself for the entire winter, but on Wurt's release week, one server is going to have like 5 Wurts and they're all going to compete for the same food. Food will be very limited in winter. Limited to like... cacti, carrots from bunny farms, kelp, stone fruits, and whatever food was saved from autumn. Meanwhile, the Merm King has to be fed as well, so there's even more trouble.

Survival of the fittest? No?

 

I’ll just see myself out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lammarr    1,030
14 hours ago, knaveofclubs22 said:

For as much of a discussion about all kinds of various minutiae of what's ok in Wurt's diet or not, I'm curious how "leafy meat" is going to factor into her diet. I mean, it is in one way technically meat....also it is technically vegetable...

Nope,leafy meat is meat,you get them from plant creatures,that's why it's leafy.

It's meat alright. Wigfrid can eat it,bunnymen hate it,also you can't even use it in the crock-pot!

Flesh is flesh. Where do we draw the line?

Edited by Lammarr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now