Sign in to follow this  
hedition

Checkpoint for supply

hedition    5

I am quite sick of my dupes carrying slime or bleach stone from one end of my base to supply a hand sanitizer or algae distiller, only to have them drop it halfway.

I added storage on beside these structures with their own supply. Why do the dupes supply one a hundred of tiles away?

It will be great if checkpoints can be added to limit certain supply from passing through

silverbluep    15

Use sweepers and shipping rails.

If they are dropping things halfway, its either due to your corridors not having enough oxygen, or they are too long and traversal gets interrupted by schedule.

Try to build tubes around?

Also keeping overy storage a single resource type helps me; i dinno why

hedition    5

The problem isn't with helping them facilitate their supplying of a distant station, but PREVENT them. Stop them from carry a certain resource past a certain point.

Edited by hedition

beowulf2010    528
1 hour ago, hedition said:

The problem isn't with helping them facilitate their supplying of a distant station, but PREVENT them. Stop them from carry a certain resource past a certain point.

Without a mod that probably doesn't exist, the only thing that you can do is build a conveyor system and lock your dupes out of the rooms. 

KittenIsAGeek    1,196
8 hours ago, silverbluep said:

Try to build tubes around?

Currently my dupes have broken vacuum rooms by carrying off-gas materials through the tubes.  Slime carried by a dupe through a tube will off-gas if the check happens while in a vacuum room.

5 hours ago, hedition said:

The only way to do this is in the case of a material harboring germs.  

Yank31    21
10 hours ago, hedition said:

It will be great if checkpoints can be added to limit certain supply from passing through

Yes, it would be.

I had never even clicked on the thing before your post, I see now they require power and generate heat. I don't get what they do better than a door would. In fact they seem worse in every regards... :(

KittenIsAGeek    1,196
1 hour ago, Yank31 said:

I don't get what they do better than a door would.

A checkpoint halts dupe movement without breaking their pathing.  Thus a dupe will stop in front of a checkpoint and wait for it to turn green, but won't switch tasks or drop their load.  A locked door will prevent pathing.

Yank31    21

Nice, good point. Very good point actually.

Btw, I was curious about your gem harboring material stopper, could you elaborate?

KittenIsAGeek    1,196
2 minutes ago, Yank31 said:

Btw, I was curious about your gem harboring material stopper, could you elaborate?

There is a "Germ Sensor" in the automation tab.  It detects germs within a range.  You can set a threshold for the amount of germs.  So, you can use it to close doors or whatever to prevent dupes from going beyond that point.

image.png.10472082c9aa48aed63fd50641641cae.png

bobe17    17

I'm pretty sure a suit checkpoint turning red breaks pathing. Can someone confirm ?

Chthonicone    88
3 minutes ago, bobe17 said:

I'm pretty sure a suit checkpoint turning red breaks pathing. Can someone confirm ?

I think they mean duplicant checkpoints, not suit checkpoints.

Yank31    21
44 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

There is a "Germ Sensor" in the automation tab.  It detects germs within a range.  You can set a threshold for the amount of germs.  So, you can use it to close doors or whatever to prevent dupes from going beyond that point.

image.png.10472082c9aa48aed63fd50641641cae.png

Oh, yeah. I always thought this was a pipe sensor for some reason. Never felt I had to use it either. :(

But yeah, makes sense, thanks!

bobe17    17
5 minutes ago, Chthonicone said:

I think they mean duplicant checkpoints, not suit checkpoints.

Yes, sorry. Indeed, i was talking about atmo/jet suits checkpoints.

CipherLoco    9

I just want a mod that I can check a box like conveyor loaders to prevent manual use on normal storage.  That would solve SOOOO much frustration.  Would fix the emitting ores, and for some reason for me, SAND!  Sand everywhere, SAND, SAND, SAND!!!  I have sweepers everywhere with storage with sand, but I still see sand dropped everywhere.  Makes me want to punch my monitor...

Edited by CipherLoco