Best Foods Recipes for Wurt?

I'm very curious how Wurt's players will be handle with feed. Having the vegetarianism as restriction  will surely be a great challenge. By far the base feed in the Early Game are meat-based foods.  Example: Meatballs, Meaty Stew, Bacon And Eggs, Pierogi, Honey Ham, Honey Nuggets.... 

I made a relation of the dishes of the crock pot that do not carry meats as an ingredient, besides values and difficulties to make a certain recipe. Which one do you think will be more viable for Wurt to handle in early game? 

TD2i1Yw.png

Crockpot Foods:

Spoiler

Ratatouiller
Health: 3
Hunger: 25
Sanity: 5
Ingredients: Vegetables and Fruits.
Dificulty: 0 

Mandrake Soup (no pls, no)
Health: 100
Hunger: 150
Ingredients: Mandrake and Twigs.
Dificulty: Mandrake. 

Waffles
Health: 60
Hunger: 37
Ingredients: Butter, Eggs, Berries and Twigs.
Dificulty: Butter. 

Dragonpie
Health: 40
Hunger: 75
Ingredients: Dragon Fruit and Twigs/Vegetables/Fruits.
Dificulty: Dragon fruit.

Fruit Medley
Health: 20
Ingredients: Durians and fruits.
Dificulty: Durians. 

Butter Muffin
Ingredients: Butterfly Wings, Vegetables and Twigs.
Dificulty:

Stuffed Eggplant
Ingredients: Eggplant, Vegetable and Fruits/Twigs. 
Dificulty: Eggplant. 

Fist Full of Jam
Ingredients: Fruits (Expect Dragon Fruit)

Pumpkin Cookies
Health: 0
Sanity: 15
Ingredients: Pumpkin, Honey and Twigs.
Dificulty: Pumpkin.

Taffy
Health: -3
Ingredients: Honey and Twigs/Fruits.

Powdercake ._.
Hunger: 0
Sanity: 0
Ingredients: Honey, Corn and Twigs.
Dificulty: Corn.

Jellybean
Health: 120
Ingredients: Royal Jelly and Fruits or Vegetables.
Dificulty: Bee Queen.

Flower Salad
Hunger: 12
Ingredients: Cactus Flower and Vegetables.
Dificulty: Cactus Flower. (Only summer)

Trail Mix
Ingredients: Roasted Birchnut, Berries and fruits/twigs. 

Creamy Potato Puree
Sanity: 33
Ingredients: Potato, Garlic and Vegetable.
Dificulty: Potatos and Garlics. 

Banana Pop
Ingredients: Banana, Ice and Twigs.
Dificulty: Banana (Cave)

Aspargus Soup
Hunger: 18
Ingredients: Aspargus, Vegetables and Twigs
Dificulty: Aspargus

Spicy Vegetable Stinger
Ingredients: Radish por Aspargus, Ice and Vegetable.
Dificulty: Radish and Aspargus.

Melonside 
Sanity: 20
Ingredients: Watermelon, Ice and Twigs.
Dificulty: Watermelon.

Fancy Spiralled Tubes
Ingredients: Potatos, Twigs and Fruits.
Dificulty: Potatos. 

Ice Cream
Sanity: 50
Ingredients: Milk/Butter, ice and honey.
Dificulty: Milk/Butter. 

Warly Crockpot Foods

Spoiler

Fresh Fruit Crepes
Ingredients: Fruits, Butter and Honey.
Dificulty: Butter (rarity) and Warly dependence.

Puffed Potato Souffle
Ingredients: Potatos, Eggs and Vegetable/Fruits.
Dificulty: Potatos and Warly dependence.

Salsa Fresca
Ingredients: Tomato, Onion and Fruits/Vegetables.
Dificulty: Tomato and Onion and Warly dependence.

Glow Berry Mousse
Sanity: 10
Ingredients: Glow Berry and fruits.
Dificulty: Glow Berry and Warly dependence.

Voat Goat Chaud-Froid
Ingredients: Voat Goat Horn, Honey and Twigs.
Dificulty: Voat Goat Horn and Warly dependence.

Grim Gallette
Health: 1
Ingredients: Nightmare Fuel, Potato and Onion.
Dificulty: Onion, Potato and Warly dependence.

Hot Dragon Chili Salad
Ingredients: Dragon Fruit, Pepper and Vegetables.
Dificulty: Dragon Fruit, Pepper and Warly dependence.

Note: There may be errors in this list.

You can farm alot of carrots with bunnymen wars and get some stone fruit bushes from the lunar island.

For early-game healing you have options like blue caps,trail mix and butterfly wings.

For late-game you can use Jellybeans for healing,they're pretty good and i think you can kill Bee queen with a alot of merm houses that Wurt can craft.Merms just got less dps than bunnies due to their kiting and they deal 10- damage than bunnymen,but one house stores 4 merms.

Btw i'm pretty sure Bone Bouillon is a meat item,bunnymen despise it and i think Wigfrid can eat it.

,I guess she'll be pretty easy to play if your world is generated with Juicy Berries, a single bush with cooked berries will regenerate you almost 60 hunger, sounds like a good meatball alternative !

Also, JoeW have said on the announcement that she like eating Durian, so I believe a Wormwood/Warly/Wurt team will be pretty nice to play with, you can use the important crops for spices and cooking, while the others crops (Carrots, Corn, Eggplant, Durian, etc) can be eaten by Wurt, it's better than keeping those around till they spoil.

Stonefruits grow in winter, and considering just how much they produce, she's not going to have any issues in the food department.

Healing on the other hand is going to be a bit harder. In most seasons she can rely on blue mushrooms, trail mix, butter muffins, and Dragonpies, but in winter she's likely going to have to rely on healing salves, due to most plant-based healing sources not being available.

1 hour ago, Thalkas said:

Bone bouillon is meat type dish.

Fixed. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Lammarr said:

You can farm alot of carrots with bunnymen wars and get some stone fruit bushes from the lunar island.

For early-game healing you have options like blue caps,trail mix and butterfly wings.

For late-game you can use Jellybeans for healing,they're pretty good and i think you can kill Bee queen with a alot of merm houses that Wurt can craft.Merms just got less dps than bunnies due to their kiting and they deal 10- damage than bunnymen,but one house stores 4 merms.

Btw i'm pretty sure Bone Bouillon is a meat item,bunnymen despise it and i think Wigfrid can eat it.

I'm aware that it can easily feed on basic ingredients. I just think she'll have difficulty recovering hunger easily on specific goals, especially when she gets away from the base. 

Another interesting thing is that every character from Winona's refresh possessed some debuff in a matter of hunger. Klei wants to honor the question  "Don't Starve "

1 hour ago, ADM said:

,I guess she'll be pretty easy to play if your world is generated with Juicy Berries, a single bush with cooked berries will regenerate you almost 60 hunger, sounds like a good meatball alternative !

Also, JoeW have said on the announcement that she like eating Durian, so I believe a Wormwood/Warly/Wurt team will be pretty nice to play with, you can use the important crops for spices and cooking, while the others crops (Carrots, Corn, Eggplant, Durian, etc) can be eaten by Wurt, it's better than keeping those around till they spoil.

Warly/Wickerbottom/Wormwood will be excellent together with Wurt. I think she'll be a little bit dependent on one of them.

55 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Stonefruits grow in winter, and considering just how much they produce, she's not going to have any issues in the food department.

Healing on the other hand is going to be a bit harder. In most seasons she can rely on blue mushrooms, trail mix, butter muffins, and Dragonpies, but in winter she's likely going to have to rely on healing salves, due to most plant-based healing sources not being available.

The Stone fruits are nice. Basically infinite durability and great points of hunger/health/sanity recovery. Wurt's maximum stability point will be when a team has a Dragon Fruits farm. She will be able to easily stay with this feature.

As Wurt, I'm not going to care for crockpot recipes. There just aren't any vegetarian super meals that are easy to make and stupidly hunger efficient like meatballs and meaty stew. It will be best to make a honey farm/stone fruit farm and eat the raw ingredients for hunger. Dragon pie will be good when you eventually have a farm, and durian could potentially be good too, but otherwise just eat raw ingredients and save yourself some time.

This is rather counterintuitive, but you're going to want to avoid the crockpot as Wurt. With most veggie crockpot dishes you'll end up making a loss somewhere. Instead, when you're farming you're gonna want to look out for:

• Durian (25 hunger + Wurt's secret bonus)
  • Pumpkin (37.5 hunger)
  • Potatoes (25 hunger & 20 health when cooked)
  • Eggplant (25 hunger & 20 health when cooked)
  • Corn (25 hunger uncooked)
  • Asparagus (25 hunger when cooked)

So long as you know the best way to eat each crop, you'll get a 'good hunger crop' 50.1% of the time.

If you're looking for healing, you want to focus on these crops:

• Potatoes (20 health when cooked)
  • Eggplant (20 health when cooked)
  • Dragonfruit (20 health when cooked)
  • Pomegranate (20 health when cooked)
  • Toma root (20 health when cooked)

Same as with hunger restoring foods, you'll get a 'good healing crop' 42.1% of the time and a 'poor value crop' 23.6% of the time—onions, garlic, peppers and carrots. You can take or leave carrot seeds but you're usually gonna want to trade in the others for that 33% guano chance.

The rest of the time, you'll pretty much have to depend on honey, mushrooms, berries, cactus, bananas and stone fruit.

Edit: the biggest weakness I can see for farming as Wurt is not having ready access to Werepigs for manure farms. You're going to need to depend on other players or make sure you know when the full moons are.

I think an easy way to not starve would be a berry or bunnyman farm, you could probably make an auto bunnyman farm using the merm houses she can build, since it's 4 merms per house, merms have 500 hp, and bunnymen only have 200 hp and don't try to kite, and are also aggressive to merms, it's safe to say that merms will destroy bunnymen leaving the carrots for you to take before the merms eat them, and now that I remember that merms eat veggies off the ground maybe the merm bunnyman farm isn't such a good idea

4 hours ago, zVince said:

I'm very curious how Wurt's players will be handle with feed. Having the vegetarianism as restriction  will surely be a great challenge. By far the base feed in the Early Game are meat-based foods.  Example: Meatballs, Meaty Stew, Bacon And Eggs, Pierogi, Honey Ham, Honey Nuggets.... 

I made a relation of the dishes of the crock pot that do not carry meats as an ingredient, besides values and difficulties to make a certain recipe. Which one do you think will be more viable for Wurt to handle in early game? 

TD2i1Yw.png

Crockpot Foods:

Reveal hidden contents

Ratatouiller
Ingredients: Vegetables and Fruits.

Mandrake Soup (no pls, no)
Health: 100
Ingredients: Mandrake and Twigs.
Dificulty: Mandrake. 

Waffles
Ingredients: Butter, Eggs, Berries and Twigs.
Dificulty: Butter. 

Dragonpie
Hunger: 75
Ingredients: Dragon Fruit and Twigs/Vegetables/Fruits.
Dificulty: Dragon fruit.

Fruit Medley
Ingredients: Durians and fruits.
Dificulty: Durians. 

Butter Muffin
Ingredients: Butterfly Wings, Vegetables and Twigs.
Dificulty:

Stuffed Eggplant
Ingredients: Eggplant, Vegetable and Fruits/Twigs. 
Dificulty: Eggplant. 

Fist Full of Jam
Ingredients: Fruits (Expect Dragon Fruit)

Pumpkin Cookies
Ingredients: Pumpkin, Honey and Twigs.
Dificulty: Pumpkin.

Taffy
Ingredients: Honey and Twigs/Fruits.

Powdercake ._.
Sanity: 0
Ingredients: Honey, Corn and Twigs.
Dificulty: Corn.

Jellybean
Health: 120
Ingredients: Royal Jelly and Fruits or Vegetables.
Dificulty: Bee Queen.

Flower Salad
Ingredients: Cactus Flower and Vegetables.
Dificulty: Cactus Flower. (Only summer)

Trail Mix
Ingredients: Roasted Birchnut, Berries and fruits/twigs. 

Creamy Potato Puree
Ingredients: Potato, Garlic and Vegetable.
Dificulty: Potatos and Garlics. 

Banana Pop
Ingredients: Banana, Ice and Twigs.
Dificulty: Banana (Cave)

Aspargus Soup
Hunger: 18
Ingredients: Aspargus, Vegetables and Twigs
Dificulty: Aspargus

Spicy Vegetable Stinger
Ingredients: Radish por Aspargus, Ice and Vegetable.
Dificulty: Radish and Aspargus.

Melonside 
Sanity: 20
Ingredients: Watermelon, Ice and Twigs.
Dificulty: Watermelon.

Fancy Spiralled Tubes
Ingredients: Potatos, Twigs and Fruits.
Dificulty: Potatos. 

Ice Cream
Sanity: 50
Ingredients: Milk/Butter, ice and honey.
Dificulty: Milk/Butter. 

Warly Crockpot Foods

Reveal hidden contents

Fresh Fruit Crepes
Ingredients: Fruits, Butter and Honey.
Dificulty: Butter (rarity) and Warly dependence.

Puffed Potato Souffle
Ingredients: Potatos, Eggs and Vegetable/Fruits.
Dificulty: Potatos and Warly dependence.

Salsa Fresca
Ingredients: Tomato, Onion and Fruits/Vegetables.
Dificulty: Tomato and Onion and Warly dependence.

Glow Berry Mousse
Ingredients: Glow Berry and fruits.
Dificulty: Glow Berry and Warly dependence.

Voat Goat Chaud-Froid
Ingredients: Voat Goat Horn, Honey and Twigs.
Dificulty: Voat Goat Horn and Warly dependence.

Grim Gallette
Health: 1
Ingredients: Nightmare Fuel, Potato and Onion.
Dificulty: Onion, Potato and Warly dependence.

Hot Dragon Chili Salad
Ingredients: Dragon Fruit, Pepper and Vegetables.
Dificulty: Dragon Fruit, Pepper and Warly dependence.

Note: There may be errors in this list.

i cannot help but by be extremely amused by these edits

20 hours ago, Tosh said:

Edit: the biggest weakness I can see for farming as Wurt is not having ready access to Werepigs for manure farms. You're going to need to depend on other players or make sure you know when the full moons are.

Believe it or not, the monster characters like Wortox and Webber can still force feed monster meat to pigs while dodging their attacks. After being fed 4 monster meat they will turn as usual. As a Wortox I still use this method for farming pig skins. Just have to seperate the pig houses so they don't go after me all at once.

22 hours ago, Tosh said:

last I checked, Werepigs can transform from eating monster meat on the ground, so that's not much of an issue either.

2 hours ago, JazzyGames said:

Believe it or not, the monster characters like Wortox and Webber can still force feed monster meat to pigs while dodging their attacks. After being fed 4 monster meat they will turn as usual. As a Wortox I still use this method for farming pig skins. Just have to seperate the pig houses so they don't go after me all at once.

That’s assuming Wurt will only have the monster tag. According to the character preview, Wurt hates pigs which might make her not want to interact with them at all. Monster meat on the ground probably would work though.

10 hours ago, Tosh said:

That’s assuming Wurt will only have the monster tag.

Merms don't have this tag, they're just overly hostile like Tallbirds and territorial. 
Bunnymen are perfectly fine with them unless attacked, for example.

I don't think Wurt will have the Monster tag.

12 hours ago, -Variant said:

Merms don't have this tag, they're just overly hostile like Tallbirds and territorial. 
Bunnymen are perfectly fine with them unless attacked, for example.

I don't think Wurt will have the Monster tag.

That’s true, but it would also depend on the intended function. From what I remember of the merm code, they’ll attack anything that doesn’t have the merm tag. They’re already super aggressive but don’t need the monster tag to instigate combat.

Klei would achieve the same hyper-aggression by giving Wurt the monster tag (it’s the simplest solution) or they might decide to handle it in a more nuanced way.

9 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

how?

The intended end result is to have pigs/bunnies fight monsters and merms, but both cases are handled in different ways. Bunnies and pigs will attack anything that has the monster tag, while merms will attack anything that doesn't have the merm tag (which includes pigs and bunnies).

The problem with a player character is you can't force them to be the aggressor (well... you can, but that's more complicated). The monster tag is already a thing, so it would easily create that hostile dynamic without reinventing the wheel. 

I don't think this is the path that Klei will end up going, but it is the simplest.

Archived