becker

Is there anyway that could makes Toadstool immune to Ice Flingomatic?

Viktor234    2,492
6 hours ago, becker said:

5dab097458270_2019-10-198_54_00.thumb.png.7cb20d8640af02676fc1956d091c31be.png

Seriously, this makes the toadstool completely lose fun to play with.....

4 Ice Flingos? Amateur! I can cheese Toad with way less Ice Flingos and just a single Ham Bat!

• Haha 2

Butt Pillow    196

No thank you. Sometimes I rather just mindlessly destroy these HP sponge bosses at my own, lazy leisure. Not everyone plays in 6 player, voicechat planned out raids.

• Like 2

Well-met    1,324
53 minutes ago, Butt Pillow said:

No thank you. Sometimes I rather just mindlessly destroy these HP sponge bosses at my own, lazy leisure. Not everyone plays in 6 player, voicechat planned out raids.

use mods to fix that :)

Viktor234    2,492
12 hours ago, Electroely said:

They're costly to set up (8 gears per toadstool spawn)

I somewhat strongly disagree: By using a Construction Amulet and a way better setup, you can end up with less than 4 gears per Toadstool Spawn to kill Toadstool with no effort at all. And ruins drop about 25-50 Gears if fully cleaned, making this a pretty cheap cheese actually.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Electroely    3,087
1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

I somewhat strongly disagree: By using a Construction Amulet and a way better setup, you can end up with less than 4 gears per Toadstool Spawn to kill Toadstool with no effort at all. And ruins drop about 25-50 Gears if fully cleaned, making this a pretty cheap cheese actually.

Can you share this setup?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Frashaw27    378
2 hours ago, Electroely said:

Can you share this setup?

I think its the same as the one everybody is talking about, but they used a construction amulet to cut the cost in half.

• Haha 2

Seero    745
5 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

With no effort? I doubt that. Also, you have to raid the ruins in order to do this. toadstool's drops are mediocre anyways.

• Like 1

Electroely    3,087
2 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

I think its the same as the one everybody is talking about, but they used a construction amulet to cut the cost in half.

I'm asking because they say that the setup they have is "way better", costs LESS than 4 gears (implying the removal or substitution of at least one Flingomatic) AND lets you kill Toadstool with "no effort at all." I'd like to see this setup if this is really the case, as it sounds like a direct upgrade to what I always see whenever someone uses Ice Flingomatics to help kill Toadstool.

• Like 1

Electroely    3,087
15 minutes ago, Well-met said:

what does freezing it do?

also why wouldn't you use this?

Having Toadstool get repeatedly frozen with Ice Flingomatics gives the player much more time to take care of what they need to when it comes to the boss. It makes it use all of its attacks less frequently, giving players much more time to run away because of a spore bomb or chop its Sporecaps.  With how freezing works, though, a mob will only stay frozen as long as it's not attacked. You can't completely disable all of Toadstool's abilities by freezing it repeatedly during battle, as you do need to attack it to actually kill it. It makes the fight much more doable when doing it alone - the combination of spore bombs and spore caps often leaves you with little time to actually chop the Sporecaps, allowing Toadstool to keep spawning even more Sporecaps and have an 80% damage reduction that basically doesn't go away.

In fights with multiple people, on the other hand, Ice Flingomatics barely do anything. Having multiple people means you can easily chop Toadstool's Sporecaps as they spawn, and you can even have people attacking Toadstool itself during the spawning process. Ice Flingomatics wouldn't really make a big difference, and I don't think the slight difficulty decrease is going to be worth it.

There are reasons not to use this setup. I never build Ice Flingomatics when playing with friends because

• The gears, ice, flowers/feathers and Star Caller Staff do take time and effort to get, and I don't think it's worth it when I have others to help
  • Said resources could be used for something better
  • A friend might accidentally destroy a flingomatic while fighting Toadstool and end up wasting some of our resources because of that
  • I wouldn't be fighting Toadstool more than once or twice.

And as I've said earlier, someone might want to not use this setup just because they think it makes the fight boring.