what is a stupidly small nitpick you have in regards to your main?

i'll keep it simple and to the point. an incredibly small nitpick you have in relation to your main. it could be a bug that's easily avoidable, a hate for a specific skin and why,   etc. and etc. really just something you don't like, but you wouldn't get too upset if it  always stayed the same. here's an example.

I really wish i didn't. i really wish i could embrace it, but i can't. let's talk about  Wes' character portrait.

Wes_1.png
1. there's a layering issue that makes him look blonde
2. the hair swirl worked in the Wortox short, but it just, doesn't. here.
3. that arm is so anatomically incorrect. i can't pass it as stylized. it's too high up.
4. i don't know what it is, but his ears look  off. maybe it's how they line up with his hair.
5. i'm pretty sure he stole this umbrella, because we never see it ever again. 
6. his head shape is slightly too round compared to his in-game proportions. 

this, ladies, gents, and all others, is the breakdown of a slightly uncanny image. thank you.

2 minutes ago, Jessie223 said:

winona isn't my main, as i don't have any, but when she wears football helmet skins, they look off-centre a bit to the right (watch the ears, the hocket helmet is especially noticeable)

Oof, the memories this brings back. I noticed this years ago when working on a couple of mod characters, because it's really obvious on faces with symmetrical features, but...
IIRC, the attachment point for hats is exactly 4 pixels off-center.

These are the things that keep me up at night.

Maxwell (my early game main) has a specific skin that has bothered me since release, which is the striking tuxedo:image.png.83024b2ea437607e6f7f608ac45c893a.png

It bothers me because the cummerbund is black, and the pant legs are white. The pant legs match his skin which just looks... wrong.

Spoiler

Warning, this image is cursed...

Spoiler

No seriously... I post freaky stuff but this is cursed even for my standards...

Spoiler

Final warning...

Spoiler

image.png.587f6f6c4077ffec663576ba17cf7a6b.png

As for my late game main, Warly.... WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE A CHEF SKIN?!?! KLEI PLEASE!!!

49 minutes ago, lbphero said:

wanna know what really grinds my gears? how in some of webber's skins his face gets noticeable flatter from the side. The problem is much more extreme in wendy but I play webber much more. Makes some of his skins look a lot worse from the side than they need to.

You know what else grinds my gears my old main, Wx78, felt too dependent, with needing Wickerbottom to unlock one of his perks.

That's why I've switched mains but old mains count I guess

This is less of a "my main" thing, and more of an "everyone" thing, but...
A lot of hats, mainly the Tam o' Shanter, look off on characters that aren't Wilson, and it's ALWAYS bugged me.

image.png.287300e70fb618b10da14aba8d9f59c2.png 

See? That looks fine, Now look at this.

image.png.75aaaa49742ecc32bee2082100343df3.png

Eh, not that bad. How about this?

image.png.724e99b9e2af0bf170ccbb3ed22b5734.png

Okay, not sold? Final offer.

image.png.7bcd060fc3a0b7c600067f21b819bfa5.png

Just... blegh. ESPECIALLY Wes. Wes is really bad. Like... REALLY bad. I don't main him, but geez. I hate it

image.png.55f01497d45f3abe3e81ec1138c68c62.png

(Oh, and here's this, just in case you were worried about my actual main)

I have a similar issue with Webber, though on the skins side my only gripe are hand skins that give him human hands, because it doesn't look right. What bothers me most is that many hats don't line up with his face right. I see that this has been brought up while I was trying to get a snip for my point, and honestly Webber suffers more than most with hats because his eyes are up high and his mouth takes up more face. Poor thing can't see right with most since many cover the largest eyes...

Also /sleepy is terrible. You can't tell me /eyerub should be an acceptable alternative when it does this:

5daa9b71911da_WebbereYeRuB.PNG.8c27894869fbbefd3e4695d804968ed2.PNG

Currently main Wormwood and Warly. So I guess small nitpick for both...

Wormwood: You can heal using "fertilize" but you still "eat" rot and glommer goop.

Warly: The whole not eating crockpot food thing...it's a single line of code and his SW debuffs for non-crockpot food is still in the files. So it's just functionally the same (encouraging you to eat mainly crockpot foods), just more inconvenient. Especially as I will often do stuff like eating minor items to remove them from my inventory rather than stop my stride to drop them.

Dont have a main but they're my fave:

WX-78's outer casing looks to be made of copper or copper alloy (maybe copper plated), but in their Survivor skin all we see is the red rust seen on ferrous metals (iron rusts red). We should see a little bit of the green corrosion typical of copper somewhere on them?

(Please correct me if needed, my manufacturing materials knowledge is a little.... rusty :cool:)

Willow 

I don't like how all of her head skins give her jet black legs that resemble a stick figure drawing.

I also wish her snowfallen skin sprite looked better, the fur on her shoulders looks too detached from the fur around her neck, the fur on her hands is too large, and I don't understand what the fur on her head sprite is is doing.

This is an issue I have with a character in DS but it still applys since this character is in DST as well

So Warly's side view in DST got updated and makes him look totally normal... but in DS his face is all scrunched up it kinda reminds me of a blobfish. (Warly also forgot to put his cheekbones in today as well)

Warly DST.JPG

Warly DS.JPG

Warly IRL.jpg

15 hours ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

This is less of a "my main" thing, and more of an "everyone" thing, but...
A lot of hats, mainly the Tam o' Shanter, look off on characters that aren't Wilson, and it's ALWAYS bugged me.

image.png.287300e70fb618b10da14aba8d9f59c2.png 

See? That looks fine, Now look at this.

image.png.75aaaa49742ecc32bee2082100343df3.png

Eh, not that bad. How about this?

image.png.724e99b9e2af0bf170ccbb3ed22b5734.png

Okay, not sold? Final offer.

image.png.7bcd060fc3a0b7c600067f21b819bfa5.png

Just... blegh. ESPECIALLY Wes. Wes is really bad. Like... REALLY bad. I don't main him, but geez. I hate it

image.png.55f01497d45f3abe3e81ec1138c68c62.png

(Oh, and here's this, just in case you were worried about my actual main)

Not only that but it's so low quality

Archived