Hallowed Nights and Wurt available October 24th! (And more!)

26 minutes ago, hl3bekliyenadam said:

I mean it could be a little scandalous but vegetarians can eat meat just choose not to so maybe she can eat but loses sanity or something like that?!??

Well that would turn her into the best nightmare fuel farmer in the game.. which would make that more of an upside rather than a downside.

3 minutes ago, Dalek said:

the new abilities and perks sound great, but what about the downsides? she would be a little OP without any downsides except two-way-disliking pigs.

1. Pigs and most likely Bunnymen hate her

2. She's vegetarian

Those are enough to balance her perks

1 hour ago, maciu67 said:

A merm character - Wilba's arch-enemy

No it's only port of Hamlet mechanics in Merm edition

I know, I was just making that up just to be funny, though I hope this means they can do more with this though maybe more merm huts naturally or a natural Merm village in the swamp could be possible.The thought of a hamlet based character is crazy!  Hopefully the merm disguise is a hat item! What if they even had a reputation for merms and pigs. Giving a balance on one side or the other.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

1. Pigs and most likely Bunnymen hate her

The post doesnt mention that Pigmen hate her, its that she hates them, so either the Wording is off or Pigmen dont kill her, also Bunnymen aren't mentioned whatsoever, and since they are vegan siblings I thin they'd get along fairly well!

7 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

i asked about it and image.png.09437a91d61c35efd5d65ba42c9fa8b4.png

i'm going to prepare my 5 paragraph essay on why wurt should be able to eat butterflies on the 24th.

That's if klei gave butterfly wings some sort of veggie/fruit property and we don't know of it, or they might make her be able to eat them regardless, which could make some early game butterfly farm strats

That's wrong, it is a Veggie, if you are looking at crock pot values you are doing it wrong. You look at what the FOODTYPE it is in the code and this is butterfly wings

inst:AddComponent("edible")
 inst.components.edible.healthvalue = TUNING.HEALING_MEDSMALL
 inst.components.edible.hungervalue = TUNING.CALORIES_TINY
 inst.components.edible.foodtype = FOODTYPE.VEGGIE

As you can see they are veggies, why? Well Maxwell has the answer for you to that one, so make him examine a butterfly

14 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

But what's with the horns? Is this just a status thing (like how big horns are often associated with royalty, like a crown) or is this a different species of merm? Because the horns in particular was the reason people thought she was part goat.

Also I'm pretty happy it's a female. I know it shouldn't matter but it kinda does.

Implies she might come from the gorge as a transformed goat. 

Funny that in gorge we couldnt see the horns of other merms. The goat kid if i remember he said these 2 merms who sell you seed used to be goats too but turned into merms thing was we didnt see their horns was they were wearing hats on. Merms were yea actually like another type creatures who got turned into merms by curse. 

It would be damn cool to have each of the 3 different creatues in game xD like Wilba a pig princess who came to the world to look for his father whos curse she was holding by turning to werepig (pig king) is her father i bet. The Wurt comes there to bring his kingdom to rise in the world. And maybe even a Bunnyman to come would be cool if he had an night vision like can see in night but in daylight the vision gets little blurry or lesser gets the coloration. And he can sleep in day time only and same updates like making bunnyman underground guards. And Bunny queen or king. 

I’m really interested to see new characters that force the players to play the game in different ways. Wurt sounds like she’s balanced as a tower-defence style character so I’m looking forward to seeing how that pans out.

Aside from not being able to eat meat, meat will actually be COMPLETELY useless for her. She hates pigs, so I’m assuming she won’t be able to trade with the pig king for gold, or turn pigs into werepigs. She can turn it into eggs to use as a filler, make gunpowder or waffles... but that’s it. One of the most important resources is barely desirable for Wurt, meaning you’re gonna prioritise going after other resources and play in a different way.

Most vegetarian crockpot dishes actually net a loss, so I’m expecting raw and cooked veggies being chosen more often than not. After you get your farms set up and start stockpiling pumpkins and braised eggplants, you’re basically set. Before that, I would expect Wurt to work best as a forager, living off mushrooms, carrots and berries without needing to come back. For Winter there is always cactus, honey and stockpiled birchnuts (so far Abigail has been the best at farming birchnutters, but merms might be a cheap alternative).

Regardless, due to the high cost to set up and maintain, I’m expecting the merm kind to be incredibly powerful. 

21 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

So what resources do y'all think should be stockpiled to build a ton of these new structures the day she comes out? Wood obviously, probably rope, frog legs? fish? 

The basic merm hut is probably going to be something similar to pig houses, wood, froglegs?, rot? I don't remember what they drop when you hammer or deconstruct those in the swamp. I'd also go heavy on wood and boat materials to try to find the lunar island ASAP for the rock fruits, or maybe heavy on rocks/poop/grass for at least a few farms.

As for the Merm king thingie, Joe said it requires stuff from all over the constant and it also requires babysitting, so it's most likely a very powerful late game feature.

On a side note, I'm thinking what early games advantages could we use from what was mentioned, as it seems there won't be many (except maybe run fast in the swamp and be able to know where the tentacles are). Maybe using merm hutches early on to start farming spiders/pigs/bunnymen?

If she can't eat meat there won't be much use for her to make merms themselves die. Also unlike Wigfrid (who can use vegetables as filler in the crockpot) most meat we obtain as Wurt will end up as rot, unless we can still werepig the pigs with MM like Webber/Wortox do.

Archived